New Tool Album: They really mean it this time. Maybe.

ConferenceRoom

6 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

I can probably count on one hand the number of CD's I've purchased since 10,000 Days, but I know I'll buy this one.

I'm pretty sure the format is what he was referencing, not just buying music. You must be old. (join the club). Most cars I've rented lately don't have CD players. I remember renting them when it was a big deal if it had CD instead of cassette   

Just now, Dennis Taylor said:

I'm pretty sure the format is what he was referencing, not just buying music. You must be old. (join the club). Most cars I've rented lately don't have CD players. I remember renting them when it was a big deal if it had CD instead of cassette   

Yeah, I'm old.

I'm a man. I'm 40.

3 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Where can you buy CD's now anyways? Wal-Mart? 

My favorite option is the Amazon AutoRip, where you get the MP3's for immediate download when you buy the CD. Saves the hassle of doing my own rip while keeping a full-quality archive.

On 1/29/2019 at 9:03 AM, Dennis Taylor said:

Yep.

10,000 Days was my last CD, then I went the torrent route for MP3s for a while. Gave that up when Spotify came around. I pay for a Spotify family plan.  I got a turntable around Christmas '18 and have bought 141 albums on vinyl since then.  I'll buy the new Tool album on vinyl.

Edited by CooterBrown

It’s pretty damn powerful. “Give me my wings” still makes the room dusty.

Totally agree. I mean half their songs are about his mom, but that one has some serious weight.

Yep.  Tool's magnum opus.

It doesn’t hurt that they opened with it on the Aenima tour when I saw them, and I was on half a hit of acid. That was a good night.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1996/international-ballroom-atlanta-ga-7bd44e8c.html

6 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

It doesn’t hurt that they opened with it on the Aenima tour when I saw them, and I was on half a hit of acid. That was a good night. 

Hehe!  I like your style.  Same tour.  The Bronco Bowl in Dallas on a full hit.  I was out of body for a little while.

Edited by TriStone

12 hours ago, TriStone said:

Hehe!  I like your style.  Same tour.  The Bronco Bowl in Dallas on a full hit.  I was out of body for a little while.

I was gonna say "I thought the Aenima tour stop in Dallas was at Fair Park"... it was.. 2 years later. They did that tour for almost 3 years and hit Dallas 3 times. 

Man.. Bronco Bowl. That brings back memories. 

It blows my mind that they tore that place down.  I don't know if it was the house sound guy or the shape of the room affecting acoustics or what, but every band I saw there sounded amazing.  Even Korn sounded fantastic in that room, so you can imagine what Tool was like in there.

7 hours ago, TriStone said:

It blows my mind that they tore that place down.  I don't know if it was the house sound guy or the shape of the room affecting acoustics or what, but every band I saw there sounded amazing.  Even Korn sounded fantastic in that room, so you can imagine what Tool was like in there.

I saw Staind and Kid Rock open up for Limp Bizkit there /csb

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 9:15 PM, Buzzrock said:

Totally agree. I mean half their songs are about his mom, but that one has some serious weight.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1996/international-ballroom-atlanta-ga-7bd44e8c.html

i saw these two shows at the International Ballroom in Houston

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1994/international-ballroom-houston-tx-33d90811.html   (No info but cool to be able to look up the date)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1996/international-ballroom-houston-tx-13d599e5.html 

the one in Houston was a sketchy old grocery store on Main and Fondren. Saw several other awesome shows there like NIN w/ Manson, Deftones, Soundgarden, The Cult and others  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

i saw these two shows at the International Ballroom in Houston

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1994/international-ballroom-houston-tx-33d90811.html   (No info but cool to be able to look up the date)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1996/international-ballroom-houston-tx-13d599e5.html 

the one in Houston was a sketchy old grocery store on Main and Fondren. Saw several other awesome shows there like NIN w/ Manson, Deftones, Soundgarden, The Cult and others  

Wasn't that place called the Unicorn, or something like that? I remember seeing Jane's Addiction there, and it was so humid in there, the old grocery store vinyl tile floor was like a slip n slide.

10 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Wasn't that place called the Unicorn, or something like that? I remember seeing Jane's Addiction there, and it was so humid in there, the old grocery store vinyl tile floor was like a slip n slide.

The Unicorn was also a sketchy former grocery store but in an even shittier part of town at Tidwell and 59...many legendary bands played there BITD    

• Like 1

• 1 month later...