New Tool Album: They really mean it this time. Maybe.

ConferenceRoom

https://www.alternativenation.net/new-tool-album-fear-inoculum-first-review-leaks/

The new Tool album Fear Inoculum release date is August 30th, as announced by Maynard James Keenan earlier this week, and now two early review snippets have surfaced, revealing that the album is 80 minutes long with seven tracks, which means we are going to have some long epic Tool songs in just a few weeks after a 13 year wait! Guitarist Adam Jones looked sad in a recent announcement photo.

Belgian newspaper De Morgan wrote, “Big news from Tool! The band announced the title of her long-awaited record: Fear Inoculum. It will be released on August 30th. It’s the fifth studio LP from the band, their first in 13 years, by the way. And there’s more news for the fans: their entire catalog will be on all streaming services come friday.

Earlier this month De Morgen had the chance to listen to the new album exclusively. Contractually we are bound to silence, but mid-august you’ll get a preview in this newspaper. In the meantime: It was worth the wait!”

Guitar World magazine said, “An exceptionally cohesive 80-minute prog-metal odyssey that unfurls over seven tracks, most of which are constructed of multiple movements. It’s a dynamic, intensely wrought, and often meditative album, and – as is often the case with Tool’s releases – Fear Inoculum serves as a vehicle for a mysterious larger concept that aptly orbits the number seven.”

The album will feature the tracks “Descending” and “Invincible” which were both performed live on the band’s spring and early summer tour. The band are rumored to tour North America in the fall. Maynard James Keenan poked fun at Metallica drama earlier this week.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Just finished listening to the entire catalog in order.

I liked 10,000 Days much more than I have in the past but I still think it's the weakest entry.

Aenima > Undertow > Opiate > Lateralus > 10,000 Days

ranking lateralus below opiate and undertow is just flat out wrong. 

• Like 3

Just finished listening to the entire catalog in order.

I liked 10,000 Days much more than I have in the past but I still think it's the weakest entry.

Aenima > Undertow > Opiate > Lateralus > 10,000 Days

Aenima > Lateralus > Undertow > 10,000 Days > Opiate

(And I could blast Opiate all day, every day)

15 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I like it a lot but this is gonna be Tool's Black Album where all the fan boys are angry that they didn't release the exact same album they did 13 years ago.  

It's definitely different, but I'll enjoy it either way. I'm hoping a few of the songs are a little "harder."

• Like 3

I like it a lot but this is gonna be Tool's Black Album where all the fan boys are angry that they didn't release the exact same album they did 13 years ago.  

I don’t think that is a good analogy. Metallica was coming off an amazing album (albeit shitty production) and put out the Black Album. It was almost night and day difference, and it indeed sucked.

Tool on the other hand have been venturing down this path since Aenima. It’s not a drastic change from the last couple of albums, but it is fairly different than say Undertow.

I just got a chance to really sit down and listen to the new track and I really like it. It builds nicely and hits the heaviness at the very end that I hope will comprise the majority of a few songs.

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

So basically the same thing that happened for the last 2 albums? 6 year waits instead of 13... same shit. Everyone complained that it wasn't as good as the previous, then they grew on you like a fungus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hornfan785 said:

I like it. Sounds like a song from Lateralus or 10,000 Days, with Maynard channeling a more A Perfect Circle sound. Drums sound like Reflection for the first half of the song.

It's chill, but heavy.

I listened again in my car a few times during lunch and was thinking it sounds like Reflection as well.

For me, new Tool takes a long time to “get”. There’s simply way too much going on to fully appreciate it before it becomes familiar enough to start digesting the full picture. I’m 5 times through it and can’t even map it out yet.

I do know at about 7:00-9:00 I love the bass and drum rhythms working with and against each other.

I’ll also say that it really needs to be listened to in the car to feel the low end in your chest. It felt a bit dry my first listen with ear buds.

• Like 2