New Tool Album: They really mean it this time. Maybe.

ConferenceRoom

1 hour ago, hornfan785 said:

No 7empest, but Descending was awesome. And yeah, I think they sounded better last night than the San Antonio show.

They never sound good in the ATT Center. Not sure if it's because of the size of the arena, or the possibility that the spurs bought their audio equipment on craigslist. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two random Tool / COVID-19 relevant thoughts.

1. Working from home, like we all are, and of course the advantage of this is using my studio audio setup to listen to music while I work. Everything sounds as good as it was recorded, but hearing "Invincible" off of Fear Inoculum in particular... how amazing the production on it is.

2. I'm making pancakes... like you do on Saturday. Having to do without eggs, because we're out, and the price of eggs has tripled, so we aren't buying any. (For those who are wondering: Yogurt. Vanilla yogurt.) As I flipped the last one, I of course had to growl out: UND KEINE EIERRRRRRRR!!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Maynard got Covid in Feb/March, still having issues.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/music/2020/10/09/maynard-james-keenan-covid-puscifer/5929660002/

Q: Wow. I didn't realize you had COVID.

A: Um... yeah. I kind of didn't want to run around screaming it. But it's real. And there's after-effects. I had to go through some major medications to undo the residual effects. Still coughing. There's still lung damage.

• 2 weeks later...