Your biggest gamble, win or lose.

Parliament

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest bets all come from the OU game. Best way to figure out how to bet is to spend a week listening to WWLS in Oklahoma City. If they're really arrogant and Texas is the underdog then bet the farm on Texas. Craziest thing I've ever done was put $1000 on Texas +13.5 against OU in 2013 but I pretty much doubled my money. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not really huge money won but I've had a running bet every year for the past 12 years with a coworker, $200 that the Cowboys won't make the playoffs.  He's yet to decline the bet. I offered him double or nothing in 2016 that they wouldn't advance and he took that one too.

2 hours ago, NateHitch said:

Not really huge money won but I've had a running bet every year for the past 12 years with a coworker, $200 that the Cowboys won't make the playoffs.  He's yet to decline the bet. I offered him double or nothing in 2016 that they wouldn't advance and he took that one too.

In a drunken state in 2009, I was arguing with some UT buddies about who the Big 12 champion was in basketball the year before (this was north/south days, UT won in Austin, no game in Lawrence, technically tied with UT as the 1 seed in the conference tourney where KU beat UT in an great game, KU wins national title). Anyway, per the conference they split, which I knew, I was just being kind of an asshole cause I thought it was funny. What started as me teasing some buddies to induce a KU v UT for the conference title bet for the upcoming season turned into me taking KU vs the field about 8 ways for $100 per man.

The participants have dwindled over time, but one UT guy is still taking that bet every year, bless his little heart.

44 minutes ago, VolenteHawk said:

In a drunken state in 2009, I was arguing with some UT buddies about who the Big 12 champion was in basketball the year before (this was north/south days, UT won in Austin, no game in Lawrence, technically tied with UT as the 1 seed in the conference tourney where KU beat UT in an great game, KU wins national title). Anyway, per the conference they split, which I knew, I was just being kind of an asshole cause I thought it was funny. What started as me teasing some buddies to induce a KU v UT for the conference title bet for the upcoming season turned into me taking KU vs the field about 8 ways for $100 per man.

The participants have dwindled over time, but one UT guy is still taking that bet every year, bless his little heart.

Fucking bastard. And no, I’m not the guy still taking that bet. Just lost once. 

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2018 at 2:17 PM, HRSchenker said:

My biggest bets all come from the OU game. Best way to figure out how to bet is to spend a week listening to WWLS in Oklahoma City. If they're really arrogant and Texas is the underdog then bet the farm on Texas. Craziest thing I've ever done was put $1000 on Texas +13.5 against OU in 2013 but I pretty much doubled my money. 

so damn true. I obviously  listen daily because its all i have here in Oklahoma but traber and Al Ashbeck are tools. i called in last year asking what they thought Texas record would be. it got comical.  May try your ways this year 

On 7/21/2018 at 2:17 PM, HRSchenker said:

I bet $200 on the land thieves to cover. Last two tx/ou games were awful and it was 100% clear Mack had given up with the BYU game that year.  Figured Mack + case was easy money. I was wrong. Last time I’ll ever bet on Texas in my life...at least against them.

On 7/11/2018 at 10:33 AM, joeycovers said:

VY rushing yards

267 (Ok St)

-4 (KU)

As much as a shoe in it felt like.. I took the bet as well. LV was actually pretty spot on with the #.  They didn't factor in VY in big moments which is something they cant do. They have to play the "odds"

They also didn’t factor in that we weren’t running him much because we didn’t need to and were trying to keep him healthy.   No reason to hold back in the title game. 

January 2008 Bahamas (Atlantis Sports Book)

Vacationing with another family so the other dad and I arranged for our wives to handle the kids while we drank, bet & watched playoff games.  At some point that morning I learn that the Giants have had a a DB suspended or injured in addition to the other DB who was already injured.  I take this knowledge and place the following bets:

1. Cowboys to cover (-7 or so)

2. Bet the over (46 or 47)

3. TO to have a big day (80+ yards, etc.)

I thought no problem, Cowboys are rolling and now with the Giants injury situation it was like free money. 

Cowboys straight up lose in a low scoring affair and TO is held to about 40 yards. FML.

• 2 weeks later...