Texas/ou game

joeycovers

Excerpt from email.

On our phone lines, the currently most-asked question is regarding seating for the Oct. 10 Texas-OU AT&T Red River Showdown. Our team is working diligently with health and medical officials and The University of Texas, University of Oklahoma and State Fair of Texas leadership to allocate seating for the annual event. We hope to have an announcement on policies and procedures next week followed by digital tickets distribution during the first week of October.

Stay safe, be healthy and hook ’em!

Amy Folan
Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Is this not the year to try a night kickoff? No all day boozing, no carnies, 25% or less fan capacity in stadium, no random fans at the fairgrounds that didn’t go to the game. 

No. 

The sun’s UV rays play a major role in destroying the airborne virus before it can find a new host. 

You probably would want the game played inside as well. 👌🙄

#brilliant

48 minutes ago, Skipper said:

That's huge.  Presumably beer vendors available as well.   Glad COVID could not take out tradition of pre-game Corndogs and Beers.    

The air will be crisp and cool, I trust the beers will be too.  Still about as inspired as Tom Herman to attend this game.  

Just now, Gravy Train said:

The air will be crisp and cool, I trust the beers will be too.  Still about as inspired as Tom Herman to attend this game.  

Tom Herman or not it's the greatest game in college football.  It won't be the same this year, but a Corndog and a Beer on the fairgrounds Saturday morning will make everything all right in the world for a few minutes.   I'll be there. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

That's huge.  Presumably beer vendors available as well.   Glad COVID could not take out tradition of pre-game Corndogs and Beers.    

Last few years I have been knocking out Fletchers on Friday night, and eating that delicious greasy pizza in the food court at 8am to kill the hangover. It’s worked quite well. 

From the Cotton Bowl Website:

BEER PURCHASE

Beer is available for purchase both inside and outside the stadium, however, once purchased, no beer or other alcoholic beverages will be allowed to enter or exit Cotton Bowl Stadium on game day.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

The last really cold Texas / OU game was in 2000.  Mid 40's, rain. Shit weather.  Shit game.   Halfway through the 2nd quarter it was 42-0 and on our side of the field they were looking for players next of kin. 

The first of four Black Saturdays under Brown.   63-14.   it could have been 100-14.   And that's no shit.    

Edited by Wally Pryor

On 10/5/2020 at 6:01 PM, mininghorn88 said:

Texas-OU Weekend T-shirts from when I was on the 40 Acres in the mid-to-late '80's.

They no longer fit me....

IMG_4164.thumb.JPG.a137a20c2bbcd58cb40ab0dbf68f2de7.JPG

IMG_4165.thumb.JPG.26cd0035824c1e28c105f6f4f6434387.JPG

I had the piss on OU one in the 90s and a Republic of Texas that just had a Longhorn that looked a lot like the one on the far right (classic Banana Republic knock off). 

I wore mine completely out.

• Hook 'Em 1