What animal is pooping in my garage?

Just found a bunch of animal turds in my garage. We have lots of wildlife around, but I've seen chipmunks running around our garage entrance lately so I just set up a live trap (also shot a couple in the woods with an air rifle and my 6yo son for some father's day bonding). I've declared a jihad against these bastards as they've torn up a lot of our garden lately.

I looked up chipmunk droppings and these seem bigger.

Last night I also caught a glimpse of some sort of cat on my back deck, I think it had a long tail so probably not a bobcat (but we have those too), most likely a stray/feral cat. Wondering if that's been hanging out in the garage.

I swept the garage out about a month or so ago and didn't see any of these, but we've been leaving the garage open a lot lately for the kids to play. 8d896ae5bd28f5daa16acaf04211410e.jpg

2 hours ago, Horny04 said:

Don't think it was this fucker 286c222e0975e5d3c96cd598ffde0109.jpg

Actually, looking it up, could well be possum scat.  Cats like to bury their poop to hide their presence from other critters.  The wilder the cat, the more likely it is to do so.  So I don't think a cat is going to crap on a concrete floor of your garage, repeatedly.  Flower beds, sure, garage floor, nah.

Don't know about the pooping habits of the opposum.  But it looks like it from the intergoogles and size seems about right.

OP plants chipmunk food, bitches about chipmunks. Leaves shit-space door open to creatures, bitches at creatures.
Fuck it, here's your wallet back. You'd just bitch about that too once you notice it's missing.
Thanks for the contribution. You're a fucking idiot. You fit in well here.

So I don't think it was the possum. Too nocturnal and garage is rarely left open too long beyond dusk. Don't have toads here. At least none that I've ever seen.

Gardener was over and thinks it was the cat I saw, maybe it's a regarded cat that never learned to cover its shit.

4 hours ago, Horny04 said:

So I don't think it was the possum. Too nocturnal and garage is rarely left open too long beyond dusk. Don't have toads here. At least none that I've ever seen.

The greatest trick that shitting toad ever pulled was convincing you that he doesn't exist.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, RowdyVic said:

Raccoon or Possum

we had a small possum pooping in our second garage area that is mainly storage.  he got into, fell into, an open paint bucket that was mostly water and paint left by a contractor and croaked.(this was last summer and I assume he thought it was water)  but he left similar size poops.  found him from the smell eminating from the bucket.  nasty it was.

Took this little guy on a 12 mile journey across the river and dropped him off in the woods near my work. He thanked me for the peanut butter almonds and for increasing the genetic diversity of his future offspring. 2e51ac8980b278ff21bbe3eb51c869fb.jpg

Horny04,

A few years back I had squirrels and such ripping up my garden. I, like you, live in/near woods. People had all the trap/shoot em up advice. Thing is, the woods keep pushing out an endless supply of critters, land war in Asia and all that. Bastards massacred my sweet corn and tomatoes. But they didn't touch the okra or peppers.

So I just switched to okra and peppers. And cherry tomatoes--they'd eat a few but I'd still get more than I needed. And every now and then I'd watch a hawk swoop in to get a chipmunk.