WC day 5

Hagbard Celine

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

well, this game notwithstanding, they have given a lot more extra time than historically normal.   FIFA claimed they wanted it to be more accurate based on real time, not just giving 1 min per goal, and maybe a minute for every 2 subs

todays game being given only 4 mins was complete bullshit- there were a minimum of 5 injuries that took 90 seconds to get up off the pitch- and the free kicks took 45-75 seconds to set up and be taken

Free kicks are a part of the game, they never award extra injury time for them. Only in extreme cases of time wasting (yellow card to goalie for time wasting) will they add extra time. 

england watch party looks to off the CHAIN-  man I wish I was there.

The greatest time I had was being in Prague in 2002 when Germany played North Korea(?) the prague sqaure was full of drunken Germans celebrating goal after goal

Edited by AUS-97HORN

24 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

england watch party looks to off the CHAIN-  man I wish I was there.

The greatest time I had was being in Prague in 2002 when Germany played North South Korea(?) the prague sqaure was full of drunken Germans celebrating goal after goal

That was the Korean squad that kept getting socially promoted by the refs despite fouls upon shit pullings upon dives upon shirt pullings...

They knocked out a 9 man Italian squad earlier in the knockout stages. The fix was in in the absolute worst way.

I watched that match outside on a massive screen in a parking lot in Koreatown in LA. I was probably the happiest person there after the match, even though the USMNT should have knocked out Germany.

Edited by Napoleon

21 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Yeah, they made them fly Russian Air. 

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

That was the Korean squad that kept getting socially promoted by the refs despite fouls upon shit pullings upon dives upon shirt pullings...

They knocked out a 9 man Italian squad earlier in the knockout stages. The fix was in in the absolute worst way.

I watched that match outside on a massive screen in a parking lot in Koreatown in LA. I was probably the happiest person there after the match, even though the USMNT should have knocked out Germany.

turns out I was drinking at the time, I was thinking of the Germany Saudi game that year 8-0.    hence the "goal after goal" statement.   nevertheless, it was awesome.  almost like being in Germany because so many Germans travelled to Prague to party because it was a shitload cheaper to drink and party there.

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

turns out I was drinking at the time, I was thinking of the Germany Saudi game that year 8-0.    hence the "goal after goal" statement.   nevertheless, it was awesome.  almost like being in Germany because so many Germans travelled to Prague to party because it was a shitload cheaper to drink and party there.

I was taking a train from Prague to Berlin one time and there were a couple of Germans in their late teens/early 20s with cans of beer and wearing t-shirts that said something like:

"Prague Drinking Team"