TV's and Home Theatre

Enchubben

Finally went and got a soundbar for my living room for above the fireplace mantle.  I have a 55" Samsung and wanted to limit the necessary remotes so I went with Samsung.  Ended up on the Samsung 2.1 channel with 6.5" subwoofer and digital amp. $229 at bestbuy.  

Very easy to install, the sound is much clearer than the tv speakers with quiet dialogue and the subwoofer is great.  It synced up with the tv immediately and now I just use the tv remote.  It does have the capability to bluetooth from other devices, but you would need to use the included remote to pair but it's quick.

Now looking to upgrade from the 50" Sony LCD tv in master to a 65" Samsung 4k tv (NU7100 series) at $1K.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't use TV speakers for any of the TVs in my house.  It's so easy to have 2-3 fronts and maybe a sub (maybe not) that why put up with the shit quality of TV speakers.  

My home theater is a lot more involved (5.1 with a big sub), but even an 8" sub and 2 fronts in the bedroom is a huge improvement.

• 1 year later...

To refresh - bought a new house closing in August.  The new pad has a substantially sized, but long great room.  Can fit a 75" above the fireplace which is opposite the kitchen.

I will have the ceiling pre-wired for 5.1 surround in the ceiling (center speaker will be at mantle, with 4 in the ceiling).  I will also have pre-wired a spot for 2 outdoor speakers outside on the covered patio ceiling.

Should I just roll into Best Buy and get sold on a Sonos system?  Or is there somewhere online or someone that could advise on what I should do here?  I'm looking to be able play music throughout the home and Sonos appears to be the most user friendly but I am not locked into any one brand.

• 1 year later...