2019 WR Jordan Whittington

Machinator

36 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Same injury, sports hernia, clearing out scar tissue.

Jordan Whittington undergoes second surgery on sports hernia

By TAYLOR ESTES        3 hours ago

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Jordan-Whittington-surgery-torn-adductor-sports-hernia-Tom-Herman-140356896/

Been meaning to post this for awhile. I was on campus picking up my son in November.  Junior at McCombs ( humble brag...got his mom's smarts...thank God).  We were cruising past DKR. We saw Whittington limping out of Neuhaus. He looked like he should have been on crutches. I mean...old man limp. This was literally 2 days after a 9.95er had posted he was a "game time decision".  My son and I both agreed that was bullshit and there was no way he plays this year.

I believe  his injury was much more significant than disclosed.  

The xfer stuff is bullshit. My son knows a few of the players.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Glad this finally dropped, he's been teasing it in a couple of interviews! I'll have to read later though. Thanks for posting!

I think if Whittington has a decent year from the slot he could be a late round pick for a team, thoughts?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Glad this finally dropped, he's been teasing it in a couple of interviews! I'll have to read later though. Thanks for posting!

I think if Whittington has a decent year from the slot he could be a late round pick for a team, thoughts?

If he stays healthy all year and keeps showing improvement on all the little cerebral things on the football field and balls out on STs, I can easily see him being a late-round pick just as a versatile ST/back of the WR rotation glue guy initially and go form there.

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Depends on what you mean by decent.  If he has a year like last year 5th to UDFA.  If he stays healthy, ends up being Ewers check down outlet 4th to 7th.

If he says healthy, shows he can be a wr/rb type that’s the trend in the NFL has a game or two where he trucks a DB or two on his way to the endzone 3rd to 5th.

That's maturity a lot of people twice his age lack.  Smart, grounded kid and I really hope he has a fantastic last year and then catches on for a couple of years in the NFL, but whether football works out or not, he's going to be successful at life.  

• Hook 'Em 4

18 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Thanks for posting this.

Wow.

The maturity, the perspective, the sentiments, and the honesty took my breath away.  Will be rooting for his success even harder, on and off the field.

• Hook 'Em 6

This right here hit me in the feels.  Right in the feels. I hope this weight of his shoulders know the world is riding on him lets him ball the F out and get that pay check.  I’ve met and chatted with his bro in bodybuilding circles.  He’s a good dude. These are good dudes. 

It was like: “Maybe this isn’t for me, Mom. Maybe this is God giving me a sign that I need to do something else.” 

I remember telling her, “I know y’all are depending on me to do this, and I don’t want to let everyone down, but I just don’t know if I can do it anymore.” And Mom, I mean  she’s just the best. She stopped me in my tracks. “No one is depending on you for anything, Jordan,” she said. “You don’t have to worry about us.” Mom told me she just wanted what was best for me, and to listen to my heart, but not to give up

• Hook 'Em 7

• 8 months later...

image.gif.25ccc5d0ff89f274c10525d6d7933a2a.gif

One of my favorite recruits to watch here at Texas. So fucking proud to see this dude graduate and hopefully do great things in the league/life.

Edited to add this play. I'm a middle school teacher and I was so fucking proud to show this play to my students about never giving up.

https://www.kxan.com/video/jordan-whittington-forces-fumble-after-interception/9168316/

Edited by El Compadre
  • Hook 'Em 2