2019 WR Jordan Whittington

Machinator

43 minutes ago, futureman said:

did he or did he not get his ass run over?

I acknowledge the all-time performance and I think he’ll be good in austin. 

I don’t understand why people can’t acknowledge he had one pretty bad play.  it’s not a big deal and the play doesn’t matter.  it’s just curious to me that people can’t just say “ah yeah he did get his ass run over on that play. oh well.” 

is it fear based?  I don’t get it. 

I know one person who keeps acknowledging it. 

2 hours ago, Jojen said:

Actually, it looks like most of the people in that thread were mocking him for how terrible that take was. 6 TD’s, 350+ yards, and 11 tackles on defense is enough to overcome some of the most severe Homerism.

Makes sense. Even Looch wanted Jordan to be an aggy really bad. 

9 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

It's been a while and probably not this awesome but I think I remember ced benson going crazy in the playoffs. Anyone with a better memory?

I want to say that he had around 225 yards & 5 TDs in the state title game 3 years in a row, and Huston Street tackled him about 20 times at DKR in the last one.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

It's been a while and probably not this awesome but I think I remember ced benson going crazy in the playoffs. Anyone with a better memory?

5 TD's in 3 straight championship games.  kept fucking running over Huston Street when they played Westlake.  

I'd mentioned on the recruiting thread that it would be nice to see Jake get 2-3 carries per game and to line up in the backfield (perhaps then going in motion) another 2-3 plays per game next year.

For some reason my computer corrected that from JORDAN. 

HOLE-E-SHEET!

If we don't get another RB commit and we need to hybrid Whittington next year, I think that we'll be okay.

Believe his soph year ('98) was his coming out party. He went nuts at state vs SA Macarthur, who found out that tuesday or wednesday that they would play at state because Katy, who beat them, reported a UIL violation.

I remember the MacArthur coach saying when they found out they were in the title game their uniforms were en route to the cleaners/storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/21/2018 at 4:30 PM, futureman said:

did he or did he not get his ass run over?

I acknowledge the all-time performance and I think he’ll be good in austin. 

I don’t understand why people can’t acknowledge he had one pretty bad play.  it’s not a big deal and the play doesn’t matter.  it’s just curious to me that people can’t just say “ah yeah he did get his ass run over on that play. oh well.” 

is it fear based?  I don’t get it. 

rhr.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I'd mentioned on the recruiting thread that it would be nice to see Jake get 2-3 carries per game and to line up in the backfield (perhaps then going in motion) another 2-3 plays per game next year.

For some reason my computer corrected that from JORDAN. 

HOLE-E-SHEET!

If we don't get another RB commit and we need to hybrid Whittington next year, I think that we'll be okay.

I'd be real disappointed if JW & JS didn't get a combo of 8+ carries a gm next year.  Very well could have played into how we recruited at RB this year.

3 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Believe his soph year ('98) was his coming out party. He went nuts at state vs SA Macarthur, who found out that tuesday or wednesday that they would play at state because Katy, who beat them, reported a UIL violation.

I remember the MacArthur coach saying when they found out they were in the title game their uniforms were en route to the cleaners/storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katy found out as they were boarding the charter busses. Third string tight end that 'played' for 2 or 3 kneel downs forged his grade check 

52 minutes ago, Atticus said:

One, I'd be extremely shocked if we're interested.

Two, we have his twin brother on our roster already. That's really all the family connection we'd need.

Why wouldn't we be interested? Do we expect to be that tight on overall scholly numbers? It's not like he would count against any of our 25-man signing classes. 

11 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Why wouldn't we be interested? Do we expect to be that tight on overall scholly numbers? It's not like he would count against any of our 25-man signing classes. 

He's a safety. Unless they think he can contribute next year at nickel, I don't see the value.

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

He's a safety. Unless they think he can contribute next year at nickel, I don't see the value.

Well, he would have to sit out next year, so that's out the door. But in our scheme, where we play a lot of big, physical safeties, I wouldn't so easily say that there's no way we would have interest. 

11 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Well, he would have to sit out next year, so that's out the door. But in our scheme, where we play a lot of big, physical safeties, I wouldn't so easily say that there's no way we would have interest. 

Why not start him off as a walk-on? Let him earn his schollie after the next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

Just me, but he's a safety and not a very good one at that. I would be surprised if he ever saw the field. We easily got the more talented of the twins. He would be like Donovan Duvernay. 

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Just me, but he's a safety and not a very good one at that. I would be surprised if he ever saw the field. We easily got the more talented of the twins. He would be like Donovan Duvernay. 

Ill remind you Donovan had playing time this year. We had a mess of injuries. But he got on the field. 

• Like 1

Just now, NorLa Horns said:

Ill remind you Donovan had playing time this year. We had a mess of injuries. But he got on the field. 

That's true. He played special teams, too. But it took injuries for him to see the field. Maybe Jordan could play special teams, or I'm wrong and he improves by leaps and bounds and becomes a solid player. I hope for the latter whether we offer him a spot or not. 

2 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Im not too worried about the situation.  I would think hed have pulled the trigger announcing hes coming here if we offered him a scolly. We already have his brother and cousin. Last year was the time to hold that shit over our head for a spot

Who's his cousin? I can't remember