wc day 7

Hagbard Celine

i really think its going to end up being a boring day. all 3 games should have 3 or more goals scored.... yet the 3 points for the win are so much more important that as soon as the better team is in the lead, they are going to go into the stall tactic.

I really think we end up with less than 6 goals for the whole day now.

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

i really think its going to end up being a boring day. all 3 games should have 3 or more goals scored.... yet the 3 points are so much more important that as soon as the better team is in the lead, they are going to go into the stall tactic.

All three games has had or will have an overly clear favorite, thought that it was a pretty good first game with that in mind. Rather see a Portugal 1-0 Morocco game than a Russia 5 v 0 Arabia game.

Edited by JNip

How quickly my mind changed from "Morocco deserves a goal today" to "Morocco deserves all ZERO of the points they will get out of this." Around the 60th minute they were playing inspired and aggressive and creating chances, then from about 70 on it went to sloppy, disjointed, nervous, and in two cases (off that dude's left foot) flat-out Choking. They couldn't hold the ball for shit in the midfield, don't know how to use or create space on the pitch, and weren't nearly as good as I thought they were when I started watching at minute 55.

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I disagree.

Iran may try to pack it in for the point, but I don't see how they keep more than 2 out of the net.  They looked terrible against Morocco.  

Saudi Arabia may ship five again as they may be the worst team in the field.

4 minutes ago, JNip said:

How do players not get embarrassed about that shit?

every so often it works,  until they really start implementing the next game suspensions for simulations, its going to keep happening.

and yes I know the rule is on the books, but its almost never called or enforced on the next game if caught.  there have been multiple times so far that we have seen a complete faker get a free kick just outside the box.   I guess the VAR keeps the fakers from trying it too often inside the box