Sessions Charged with Violations of the Methodist Book of Discipline

Bozo_Casanova

Per CNN: "More than 600 members of the United Methodist Church have issued a formal complaint against Attorney General Jeff Sessions, a fellow church member, charging that his "zero tolerance" policy on immigration violates church rules and may constitute child abuse."*

From the 
complaint:

Pursuant to Paragraph 2702.3 of the 2016 United Methodist Book of Discipline, we hereby charge Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, Attorney General of the United States, a professing member and/or active participant of Ashland Place United Methodist Church (Mobile, Alabama) and Clarendon United Methodist Church (Alexandria, Virginia), with the chargeable offenses of:

Child Abuse (examples: advocacy for and implementation of documented practices that indefinitely separate thousands of young children from their parents; holding thousands of children in mass incarceration facilities with little to no structured educational or socio-emotional support)

Immorality (examples: the use of violence against children to deter immigration; advocating and supporting the separation of children from their families; refusal of refugee/asylee status to those fleeing gang or sexual violence; oppression of those seeking asylum or attempting to enter the United States with refugee status; directing employees and staff members to kidnap children from their parents)

Racial discrimination (examples: stopping investigations of police departments charged with racial discrimination; attempting to criminalize Black Lives Matter and other racial justice activist groups; targeting incarceration for those engaged in undocumented border crossings as well as those who present with requests for asylum, with a particular focus on those perceived as Muslim or LatinX)

Dissemination of doctrines contrary to the standards of doctrine of the United Methodist Church (examples: the misuse of Romans 13 to indicate the necessity of obedience to secular law, which is in stark contrast to Disciplinary commitments to supporting freedom of conscience and resistance to unjust laws)

Two interesting elements:

1) The complaint seeks "a reconciling process that will help this long-time member of our connection step back from his harmful actions and work to repair the damage he is currently causing"

2) Jeff Sessions is a United Methodist?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

It's amazing that this sort of thing has been going on for decades but there is outrage now.  Its unfortunate when parents break the law and put their kids in these positions.  The news should follow the children of local criminals and do stories on them but they wont bc that would cast a dark eye on urban politicians

Edited by ScottishHorn
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 18

Just now, ScottishHorn said:

It's amazing that this sort of thing has been going on for decades but there is outrage now.  Its unfortunate when parents break the law and out their kids in these positions.  The news should follow the children of local criminals and do stories on them but they wont bc that would cast a dark eye on urban politicians

All of that is bullshit. You should know better. 

14 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

It's amazing that this sort of thing has been going on for decades but there is outrage now.  Its unfortunate when parents break the law and put their kids in these positions.  The news should follow the children of local criminals and do stories on them but they wont bc that would cast a dark eye on urban politicians

Anything to avert attention away from the IG report.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

I've worked with inner city kids.  You dont know shit.  

LOL, go fuck yourself, douchebag...Trying to act like there's a right side of separating parents and their kids.  So, because this happened every now and then before, it's ok to make it a policy now?  Again, fuck you, piece of shit.  Come find the inner city out here.  You'll make it far.  I promise. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

So where are the cages in which these children are confined?

Since these kids he's talking about are American citizens and have homes to go to, why would they be housed anywhere else?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, go fuck yourself, douchebag...Trying to act like there's a right side of separating parents and their kids.  So, because this happened every now and then before, it's ok to make it a policy now?  Again, fuck you, piece of shit.  Come find the inner city out here.  You'll make it far.  I promise. 

Up high and down hard

11 minutes ago, Equinox said:

Since these kids he's talking about are American citizens and have homes to go to, why would they be housed anywhere else?

Oh, I see--so we only confine those "animal" "alien" children in cages, lest they "infest" our country.  I got you.

22 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I'm not saying it's right.  I'm saying bad shit happens to kids when the parents fuck up.  I'm saying there is no nice way to separate parents and kids but this shit has always happened.  It has become a political issue bc of who is in the white house.  The media wouldn't give a shot if Hillary was president.  Nobody cares about the shot that happens at the border.   The people on their moral high horse now are pathetic

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, Equinox said:

No. If their homes were in America I'm sure they'd be there. 

Indeed--so we're going to incarcerate children in "camps" solely because their homes aren't in the United States.  And you agree there's no way we would do this to similarly-situated American children.  

So, for one thing, I'm glad you agree that ScottishHorn is full of shit when he says "this sort of thing has been going on for decades."

But that's where your virtue ends, as you're willing to advocate for the incarceration of children solely on the basis of their national origin.

By the way--that's something you'll have to answer for every time you look in the mirror.  And when you die, it's something you'll have to answer for to your Creator.  Your fucking soul is dead.  You'll see it when you look yourself in the eye in the mirror.  And you'll know it to be true when you breathe your last.

You fucking Nazi prick.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Oh, I see--so we only confine those "animal" "alien" children in cages, lest they "infest" our country.  I got you.

I guess you think we should just let people come in and across the border freely without and check in or laws.  A true utopia.   

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 7

1 minute ago, ScottishHorn said:

I'm not saying it's right.  I'm saying bad shit happens to kids when the parents fuck up.  I'm saying there is no nice way to separate parents and kids but this shit has always happened.  It has become a political issue bc of who is in the white house.  The media wouldn't give a shot if Hillary was president.  Nobody cares about the shot that happens at the border.   The people on their moral high horse now are pathetic

You are an idiot and evil. Separating people in mass at the border is not the same thing as handling ordinary crime. It just isn't. 

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

Indeed--so we're going to incarcerate children in "camps" solely because their homes aren't in the United States.  And you agree there's no way we would do this to similarly-situated American children.  

So, for one thing, I'm glad you agree that ScottishHorn is full of shit when he says "this sort of thing has been going on for decades."

But that's where your virtue ends, as you're willing to advocate for the incarceration of children solely on the basis of their national origin.

By the way--that's something you'll have to answer for every time you look in the mirror.  And when you die, it's something you'll have to answer for to your Creator.  Your fucking soul is dead.  You'll see it when you look yourself in the eye in the mirror.  And you'll know it to be true when you breathe your last.

You fucking Nazi prick.

So they should be set free to die in the dessert?  How humane of you.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

You fucking Nazi prick.

There it is. Sad, really. I really expected you of all people to go a few more posts before slinging the nazi vomit. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

That is untrue, as demonstrated by the uproar around the Obama Administration's incompetent handling of the unaccompanied minor crisis in the Summer of 2014.

But keep lying, if that's what you need to do to live with yourself.

I like it.  Real Christians calling BS on these pandering charlatans.

I'm also surprised Sessions is a Methodist.  Invoking Mom, there are a lot of recovering Baptists in the Methodist Church. And even the Baptists aren't putting up with this nonsense anymore.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Just now, Dahobbs said:

You are an idiot and evil. Separating people in mass at the border is not the same thing as handling ordinary crime. It just isn't. 

I'm not evil.  Is it not humane to hold the kids til their family can be contacted or country of origin can pick them up?

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

I guess you think we should just let people come in and across the border freely without and check in or laws.  A true utopia.   

Or, and hear me out here, we allow family units to stay together while we sort out their immigration status? Crazy, I know. I mean fuck, the law actually requires that detained kids have access to detained adults. Since these families are kept apart without contact for extended periods of time, I think this a pretty big fucking violation of the law.  It is also morally reprehensible since the motive behind it is one of cruelty and malice. You are evil.  

Edited by Dahobbs

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

That is untrue, as demonstrated by the uproar around the Obama Administration's incompetent handling of the unaccompanied minor crisis in the Summer of 2014.

But keep lying, if that's what you need to do to live with yourself.

I would hardly call that an uproar

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

If the jackboot fits, . . . .

Weak, lazy. I know there are a bunch of lefty trolls on this site but I really thought you were a bigger person than this, intellectually. Too bad.

Edited by Equinox
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, Equinox said:

Weak, lazy. I know their a bunch of lefty trolls on this site but I really thought you were a bigger person than this, intellectually. Too bad.

And wait just a damned minute--I also said that you were doomed to eternal damnation for your stand on this.  But that you're not going to argue with; just the appellation "Nazi"?

Ooooook.  Whatever gets you through the night, bro.

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I like it.  Real Christians calling BS on these pandering charlatans.

I'm also surprised Sessions is a Methodist.  Invoking Mom, there are a lot of recovering Baptists in the Methodist Church. And even the Baptists aren't putting up with this nonsense anymore.

I totally had Sessions pegged as a Baptist. 

This has to be pretty humiliating for him, given that he apparently regularly attends, and it’s rare to be called out like that. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think my favorite kind of Trump supporter is the "I'm just asking questions" guy. Closely followed by the "Actually this is Obama's fault" guy. And when you combine them, *kisses fingers like Italian chef. 

I like the guys with the fake outrage because they didnt realize or didnt care that their utopian vision of the past was really the status quo of the world they hate today

• Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

Its unfortunate the kids are crying but it has nothing to do with humanity.   It's an unfortunate situation

Jesus that is a fucking Bond villain quote right there. I can only read that in a German accent. Post less. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

3 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

Its unfortunate the kids are crying but it has nothing to do with humanity.   It's an unfortunate situation

Yes.  It's unfortunate that children are being tortured.  Very unfortunate, indeed.  So unfortunate that it is caused on a direct order of Donald Trump in order to use their tortured cries as leverage in a legislative battle.  So very, very unfortunate.