Sessions Charged with Violations of the Methodist Book of Discipline

Bozo_Casanova

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yes.  It's unfortunate that children are being tortured.  Very unfortunate, indeed.  So unfortunate that it is caused on a direct order of Donald Trump in order to use their tortured cries as leverage in a legislative battle.  So very, very unfortunate.

Yes, they are being tortured.  Its inhumane that their parents put them here.  We should torture the parents

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yes.  It's unfortunate that children are being tortured.  Very unfortunate, indeed.  So unfortunate that it is caused on a direct order of Donald Trump in order to use their tortured cries as leverage in a legislative battle.  So very, very unfortunate.

Perhapz ve should give zeez kinder zumtink to really cry about, ja?

16 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

So can someone tell me what is going on now that is different from how these situations were handled on the past? How long are the kids staying in these facilities?

We didn't separate everyone, so it wasn't handled? And, again, you are evil. One day you may realize that. 

Maybe Sessions should join First Baptist Dallas:

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/first-baptist-dallas-robert-jeffress-on-child-separation-10811842

"I think the president is willing to sit down with the Democrats and negotiate a way to protect our country and, at the same time, keep families together. I believe the scenes of children being separated from their parents, those pictures are gut-wrenching," Jeffress says. "Equally gut-wrenching is thinking about the child that was Kate Steinle, who was murdered by an illegal immigrant, being separated forever from her parents. I think there has to be a balance here."

Jose Inez Garcia Zarate, who was in the United States illegally, shot Steinle in the back in San Francisco on July 1, 2015. The bullet ricocheted off the concrete deck of the pier before hitting Steinle, and Zarate claimed the shooting was an accident. On Nov. 30, 2017, a jury acquitted Zarate of murder and manslaughter charges but convicted him of being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Following up on our initial question, the Observer then asked Jeffress whether using the continued separation of families as a bargaining chip was the right thing to do.

"Any American who commits a crime is going to separated from his or her child," Jeffress said. "You don't send children to jail with their parents in America, so I'm not sure why the only criminals who would get a pass on that policy would be illegal immigrants." 

What about "both sides."

Edited by DDD Dad

I like the guys with the fake outrage because they didnt realize or didnt care that their utopian vision of the past was really the status quo of the world they hate today

It’s weird that all you rely so heavily on strawmen and bulverism, because you are no true Scotsman.

I guess you think we should just let people come in and across the border freely without and check in or laws.  A true utopia.   

Yes. I can’t even comprehend how it’s controversial that migration is a fundamental human right.

ScottishHorn's unwavering deepthroating of Trump and nazi tactics are completely understandable. Scottish nationalists attempted to set up a German-Scottish alliance against England during the Second World War. Pretty sure a DNA test would show he's a direct descendant of the Scottish Nazis.

Edited by RPM

1 minute ago, DanRydell said:

It’s inhumane that their parents sought asylum through a legal process?

This is the point SH and his ilk are over looking. It is perfectly legal to seek asylum in the United States, provided you follow the proper procedures. From my understanding, many families that are being split are showing up to a port of entry with proper documentation, for children and adults, yet are still being treated as if they are crossing illegally.

Just now, RPM said:

His unwavering, deepthroating of Trump and nazi tactics are completely understandable. Scottish nationalists attempted to set up a German-Scottish alliance against England during the Second World War. Pretty sure a DNA test would show he's a direct descendant of the Scottish Nazis.

You broke the code!  You forgot about the hideaway in Argentina

1 minute ago, CheesePie said:

This is the point SH and his ilk are over looking. It is perfectly legal to seek asylum in the United States, provided you follow the proper procedures. From my understanding, many families that are being split are showing up to a port of entry with proper documentation, for children and adults, yet are still being treated as if they are crossing illegally.

Horseshit.  If they were showing up with proper paperwork they would be given entry. 

They’re not overlooking it. They just don’t give a shit because they’re hateful monsters.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Per CNN: "More than 600 members of the United Methodist Church have issued a formal complaint against Attorney General Jeff Sessions, a fellow church member, charging that his "zero tolerance" policy on immigration violates church rules and may constitute child abuse."*

From the 
complaint:

Two interesting elements:

1) The complaint seeks "a reconciling process that will help this long-time member of our connection step back from his harmful actions and work to repair the damage he is currently causing"

2) Jeff Sessions is a United Methodist?

I was married in the Church he is a member.  Ashland Place UMC on Old Shell Road

• Like 1

I find it hard to believe they are detaining people with the proper passports, visa's (if from a country not part of the visa waiver program), etc.  You know,  the proper paperwork 

You don’t need a visa to apply for asylum at a port of entry.

1 minute ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

actually, no. we don’t cage children, and there’s this thing called bail. and relatives.

you suck at life. go fuck your own face.

Bail if they can make it, relatives of they have them, foster families (hopefully they aren't abusive). Of course you separate them.  Stop picking and choosing your moral judgment. 

One thing is certain the claims, "Christian Nation" and the party of faith and family values have been blown out of the water by Donald. Some of his religious allies are trying to back peddle but it's too late. 

Of course Trump's reaction is...

anigif_enhanced-25121-1416852531-34.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DanRydell said:

Which is a proper legal process

There are a crap load of forms to fill out when seeking asylum status.  It's not the same thing as refugee status.  There are all sorts of requirements.   You need to be identified and you need a reliable address in the country.  These people need to be processed.  I'm sure you dont care if another Angel Resendiz gets in the country but you should

2 hours ago, ScottishHorn said:

I'm not saying it's right.  I'm saying bad shit happens to kids when the parents fuck up.  I'm saying there is no nice way to separate parents and kids but this shit has always happened.  It has become a political issue bc of who is in the white house.  The media wouldn't give a shot if Hillary was president.  Nobody cares about the shot that happens at the border.   The people on their moral high horse now are pathetic

What's happening now wouldn't be happening if Hillary was president.  Regardless of whatever retarded Facebook memes you've read, this wasn't happening under Obama or Bill Clinton.  There are no Democrat laws that Trump is enforcing.  You are an anti-intellectual pussy.

I honestly don't get it.  You campaigned on being anti-PC dicks, but now you're cowering like feckless cunts.  Fucking own it already.  This is all on Trump's administration.

Edited by Tom

20 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

actually, no. we don’t cage children, and there’s this thing called bail. and relatives.

you suck at life. go fuck your own face.

Look, this whole situation sucks and Trump, Congress, and elf need to fix it, but your facts here are way off.  The fact is we do have a lot of unconvicted women in the system and their kids are often not placed with family as so many here note.  I have several friends that work directly with these children in foster care and it's a huge fucking problem.  It isn't a very good political talking point so it's conveniently ignored by both sides of our shitty ass political aisle.  My hope is that once the border problem gets solved posters here and the media will devote even just 1/10 of the outrage towards the problems our own children face.  

women_pie_2017.png

U.S. Civil Rights Commissioner Peter Kirsanow seems to agree.  

Separating children from their parents is regrettable. It is not, however, unique. American parents are separated from their children every day when they are arrested or incarcerated. According to HHS, during Fiscal Year 2016, 20,939 American children entered foster care because their parent is incarcerated.5 This is more than ten times the number of children who have been separated from their parents due to entering the United States illegally.6 People who cross the border illegally have committed a crime, and one of the consequences of being arrested and detained is, unfortunately, that their children cannot stay with them.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/06/a-civil-rights-commissioner-weighs-in-on-children-at-the-border.php

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/reports/pie2017women.html

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

If people had as much outrage for the children of those incarcerated as the victims of violent crimes from illegal immigrants,  we might reach a solution.   

You argue like a 19 year old virgin in the middle of his first semester of Debate 101.

The semi-hot chick that sits on the 8th row will never fuck you with such poor logic skills, ace.

Be better.

• Like 2