2019 Texas Baseball Thread

texasstrong12

Guest Lobo

Rain should done by Saturday evening.  I'll wait for phdhorn to chime in, but if the Friday DH doesn't work out, we can just the game back to Saturday night.  

30 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Good point.  Does that clock start at the beginning of game one and at the end of game three, or the start of game three?

Can't find it online, but I believe it's at the start of game 1.  I know there are exceptions with bus vs. air, and maybe because finals are over.  

Guest Lobo

That's just it, we're still in final exams.  That's why this year's schedule was puzzling to me---last weekend we had off, but that was just the dead period before finals.  Final exams are still taking place as I type this and go through Tuesday.  I would imagine it's based on the end of the third game but I don't know for sure.  I was merely positing we could start game three at 4 or 5 pm on Saturday after the heavy rain has subsided.  Then again, the field could be a mess.  We just really need three games this weekend for so many obvious reasons.  

AUSTIN, Texas – Due to the weather forecast for Saturday, Texas Baseball and Oklahoma will play a doubleheader Friday starting at 1 p.m. at UFCU Disch-Falk Field. The series finale between the Longhorns and Sooners will get underway Friday at 6:30 p.m.

The weekend series is still scheduled to get started Thursday at 6:30 p.m.

UPDATED SERIES SCHEDULE
GAME 1: Thursday, 6:30 p.m.
GAME 2: Friday, 1PM
GAME 3: Friday, 6:30 p.m.

https://texassports.com/news/2019/5/16/baseball-to-play-friday-doubleheader-versus-oklahoma.aspx

Edit:   Guess Friday, 6:30PM game will be Senior Day.   McCann certainly deserves a standing ovation.

Edited by torre

4 hours ago, torre said:

Edit:   Guess Friday, 6:30PM game will be Senior Day.   McCann certainly deserves a standing ovation.

Definitely.  In terms of talent, he is well below the standard of a catcher for a program like UT, but he has battled his ass off and deserves recognition.  

5 hours ago, torre said:

AUSTIN, Texas – Due to the weather forecast for Saturday, Texas Baseball and Oklahoma will play a doubleheader Friday starting at 1 p.m. at UFCU Disch-Falk Field. The series finale between the Longhorns and Sooners will get underway Friday at 6:30 p.m.

The weekend series is still scheduled to get started Thursday at 6:30 p.m.

UPDATED SERIES SCHEDULE
GAME 1: Thursday, 6:30 p.m.
GAME 2: Friday, 1PM
GAME 3: Friday, 6:30 p.m.

https://texassports.com/news/2019/5/16/baseball-to-play-friday-doubleheader-versus-oklahoma.aspx

So single game tickets for Saturday have to be exchanged before you can go to Friday's night game. You can't just use your ticket.

Great.

Single-game ticket purchasers for Friday will use their ticket to access both games of Friday's doubleheader.

Fans who purchased a single-game ticket for Saturday can contact the ticket office to arrange an exchange or refund on those tickets. Please contact Texas Athletics Ticket Sales & Services Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT at 512-471-3333or via email at tickets@athletics.utexas.edu.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Single-game ticket purchasers for Friday will use their ticket to access both games of Friday's doubleheader.

Fans who purchased a single-game ticket for Saturday can contact the ticket office to arrange an exchange or refund on those tickets. Please contact Texas Athletics Ticket Sales & Services Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT at 512-471-3333or via email at tickets@athletics.utexas.edu.

Any word on when regional tickets go on sale (if we host)?

• Haha 1