2018 Transfer OT Calvin Anderson

Machinator

1 hour ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I've been one that hasn't drank the kool-aid on Anderson yet, but I sure hope I am wrong . 

He's not going to be at the level of Connor Williams his freshman or sophomore year but he will be an above average college LT. Idk if that counts as kool-aid or not but that's what's pretty reasonable to expect considering there's a 36-game sample size on this recruit.

8 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

He's not going to be at the level of Connor Williams his freshman or sophomore year but he will be an above average college LT. Idk if that counts as kool-aid or not but that's what's pretty reasonable to expect considering there's a 36-game sample size on this recruit.

Assuming he was going to get drafted if he went pro this year and is using his grand transfer to improve his grade, one would consider that he would have been ranked in the 8%, in terms of nfl prospects, of all the left tackles playing division 1 football at the FCS/FBS level based on number of LT's drafted in the 2016 draft.  

19 total LT's drafted / ( 128 FBS + 124 FCS Schools = 252) = 7.5% 

There's plenty of reason to be excited and assume he's going be at that level.

25 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Assuming he was going to get drafted if he went pro this year and is using his grand transfer to improve his grade, one would consider that he would have been ranked in the 8%, in terms of nfl prospects, of all the left tackles playing division 1 football at the FCS/FBS level based on number of LT's drafted in the 2016 draft.  

19 total LT's drafted / ( 128 FBS + 124 FCS Schools = 252) = 7.5% 

There's plenty of reason to be excited and assume he's going be at that level.

I’m going off the film I’ve watched of him. He’s no healrthy Connor Williams but he is a good LT. Your numbers have a ton of flaws, including not counting underclassmen who may be better than him, or the fact that the NFL draft is based more on potentiona than production. If you expect him to be 2016 Connor Williams, you’ll likely be disappointed but he will be a good LT for us next year.

• 4 weeks later...
If Calvin can hold his pass-block two out of three plays, we'll be way the fuck ahead of where we were last season. Remains to be seen, but what if what if what if?
Calvin will not be charged with repelling a raging pride of fuck lions trying to murderize his QB..

Except in practice of course. /koolaid mainlining

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Eyes of Texas.... Scouts comments Texas Pro Day

LT Calvin Anderson

“You know? I didn’t know what to think of Anderson coming into today, but I leave thinking he’s probably going to make someone’s practice squad, because he’s long. His feet aren’t bad. His run-blocking on film can be ugly. He’s got to get stronger. But he’s a great effort guy who gives you everything he’s got. His dad being colonel in the Army probably has something to do with that — and the fact he’s a ‘yes sir, no sir” guy. His feet and length give him a chance, because there’s never enough offensive linemen.”

• Like 2