Yellowstone

RPM

The reality of the S1 script was pretty out there. I understand this isn't set in a real world, but WTF? Re routing a river (with an explosives shot that mage no sense) was pretty out there logic-wise. I get the nouveau riche developer v OG landowner angle, but they could have finessed it a bit more. And that helicopter. They definitely get their money's worth out of that prop.

I do like the dinosaur bounty hunters angle.

Looking forward to S2.

• 4 weeks later...

‘Yellowstone’ Season 2 To Make World Premiere At ATX Television Festival

Paramount Network’s epic ranch drama Yellowstone will premiere its second season at the ATX Television Festival. The fest also announced that they will be offering single ticket sales for select events. The eighth season of the fest will take place June 6-9 in Austin, Tex.

The second season Yellowstone season 2 will premiere at the fest on June 7 ahead of its June 19 debut on the Paramount Network. The screening will be followed by a panel conversation with cast members Luke Grimes, Wes Bentley, Cole Hauser, Kelsey Asbille, and Gil Birmingham. Additional panelists will be announced at a later date.

• 1 month later...

Huge ratings, renewed for S3.

‘Yellowstone’ Strong In Season 2 Premiere, Kevin Costner Drama Sets Demo Ratings Highs

Paramount Network’s flagship series Yellowstone returned for a second season last night with 2.4 million Live+same day viewers, 1.13 rating among adults 25-54 and .79 adults 18-49 rating.

The sprawling Kevin Costner drama was just off its 2018 series premiere’s record-setting viewership for Paramount Network (2.8 million), matching the L+SD audience for the Season 1 finale, while rising across all key demos and setting new series highs in adults 25-54 and 18-49, men 25-54 and 18-49 and women 18-49.

Across the night, Yellowstone amassed a gross average audience of 3.9 million total viewers, including the Paramount Network premiere and encores, in addition to a CMT simulcast and TV Land encore to rank as the #1 most-watched original cable premiere so far this summer.

Yellowstone Renewed for Season 3, Lost's Josh Holloway Joins Cast

Although season 2 of Paramount Network’s Yellowstone has just gotten underway, the cable network announces an early season 3 renewal as well as the addition of Josh Holloway to the cast. The modern-day Western starring Kevin Costner as embattled Montana ranch owner John Dutton hails from Sicario and Hell or High Water screenwriter Taylor Sheridan, telling the sprawling story of the Dutton family and its various interests and competitors in Big Sky Country, at least one of which includes Danny Huston in a familiarly villainous role. 

I thought it was a pretty solid episode even if they didn't get to fly the helicopter. Set up some story arcs. One thing I can't get over is how bad their horseback scenes are. That was an impressive herd onscreen, but the way they did it was all fucked up. I know, the cows and horses are props for the soap opera. But Taylor should do better than this.

3 hours ago, Native Horn said:

Cowboy up, hipster.

Yup, this season is obviously focusing more on the cowboy gang and Rip.  I'm ok with that...bull in bar was awesome, but using timber to beat those dudes was cheap.  

Still I am entertained.

Didn't realize dude was cut down from the tree.  Guess I missed that last season or it was not told to the viewer.

• Like 1