Yellowstone

RPM

On 8/30/2019 at 1:40 AM, RPM said:

He was reading a newspaper for Christ's sake. NOBODY reads a newspaper on the shitter since the year 2000.

I still buy a dallas morning news from randall’s at least 4 days a week.  much of it is read while shitting.  

just finished season 2.  really made me laugh that john gives rip the house and calls him his son and rip gets emotional and can’t believe that this great man has called him his son and so he just has to sit down on his new front porch and just breathe it all in because it’s just such a great thing.  and he hasn’t even gotten his ass off those front steps from that first good sit-down as a new homeowner before kayce walks up and says “hey can you hop on a horse and ride into a wall of gunfire and probably die so the rest of us can know where we need to shoot?”

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Yeah so far my only complaint has been the Season 2 finale. Seemed rushed and just cobbled together. Spent the whole season making the brothers look like Big Bads, and they basically dispatched them way too easy in the final episode.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Drew said:

Yeah so far my only complaint has been the Season 2 finale. Seemed rushed and just cobbled together. Spent the whole season making the brothers look like Big Bads, and they basically dispatched them way too easy in the final episode.

Yeah, I expected more of a fight, and also something with the airplane.

• Like 1

I am a HUGE fan of Sheridans. Fucking loved Sicario, Hell or High Water, and Wind River

This show is well acted, well filmed, and has a good premise. However, the writing is ALL over the fucking place. Wayyy too many plot lines, stories that go nowhere, ludicrous events that tend to happen (bear/asian event was off the charts cringing), syrupy/corny moments (“my brand is on the inside!”), and every episode tends to have too many things go wrong to make it even remotely believable. 

that being said, ive accepted what it is (a primetime soap opera set in montana), and i havent missed an episode.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

syrupy/corny moments (“my brand is on the inside!”)

of all the stupid shit in the show this didn't really bother me that much.  in fact I thought it was poignant.  the brand implies that you are tethered to the ranch forever and while she doesn't have the brand, she knows she'll never escape her father.  it was a good line.

4 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I am a HUGE fan of Sheridans. Fucking loved Sicario, Hell or High Water, and Wind River

This show is well acted, well filmed, and has a good premise. However, the writing is ALL over the fucking place. Wayyy too many plot lines, stories that go nowhere, ludicrous events that tend to happen (bear/asian event was off the charts cringing), syrupy/corny moments (“my brand is on the inside!”), and every episode tends to have too many things go wrong to make it even remotely believable. 

that being said, ive accepted what it is (a primetime soap opera set in montana), and i havent missed an episode.

Sheridan is great, though Soldado (though I liked it) was a step below.  Hope the next is better

• 3 weeks later...
Bought my wife a "Rip can be my ranch hand any day" T-shirt a while back.  Really good show on many different levels.  Can't wait to see the next season.                            

There’s a next season? When?

Yes I’m too lazy to google plus others will want to know, yada, yada, yada..,

1 hour ago, TxTower said:

There’s a next season? When?

Yes I’m too lazy to google plus others will want to know, yada, yada, yada..,

Are you too lazy to scroll up a few posts? Wait, you probably are.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just watched the first two seasons this past week. Oh boy. Already have the Dvr set to record for s3.  
just looked, and that ranch is right by the GSK plant I would be working at if I had to have a job after my lay-off, and where several former coworkers went to work. 

Where/how did you stream it?

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I bought them on amazon. Like 16 bucks per season for HD. 
but att tv has the channel, and when I went to set the dvr I saw that season 1 is on demand so I could have watched it free. 

Cool, I'm trying to get caught on Season 2. I bet they'll air a Season 2 marathon at some point. 

On 10/2/2019 at 1:15 AM, brojangles2 said:

Imagine telling a story at a bar that involved watching two Asians fall off a cliff and killing a grizzly bear. 😂

That's the best example to describe this show. It would be good if it was even remotely realistic. That and the Beth character are why I bailed out on it.