Yellowstone

RPM

Mrs C-Man and I just finished Season 2 tonight. Sorry to back-track for everybody who is up to date but that is really how the Beck Brothers go out? Teal on the toilet -- hey, Malcolm calls to tell you to get out and you decide you need to take a shit first (or did he call somebody else to evac the kid and didn't tell his brother?) -- and Malcolm is killed easily in a field after the Livestock officers quickly take several militia guys out. What was the point of the plane? Did the Becks really think taking Tate was a good idea -- how was that going to help them accomplish their goals? Good idea to snag the kid of a guy who says killing people is the only thing he's ever really been good at.

20 hours ago, C-Man said:

Mrs C-Man and I just finished Season 2 tonight. Sorry to back-track for everybody who is up to date but that is really how the Beck Brothers go out? Teal on the toilet -- hey, Malcolm calls to tell you to get out and you decide you need to take a shit first (or did he call somebody else to evac the kid and didn't tell his brother?) -- and Malcolm is killed easily in a field after the Livestock officers quickly take several militia guys out. What was the point of the plane? Did the Becks really think taking Tate was a good idea -- how was that going to help them accomplish their goals? Good idea to snag the kid of a guy who says killing people is the only thing he's ever really been good at.

Spoiler

Plane was a complete red herring.  And you’ll see agreement above that most of us thought the Beck Brothers would have it up a better fight

Edited by AustinMT
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, baboso said:

Ditto.  Woke-a-hontas was more intent on getting the d than worrying about her kid running around in the woods with a large predator.

I'm sorry, but that's just the latest indictment of a poorly-written show.  They've been propping her up as a super smart, super maternal superhero who is just now coming into her own, and yet she is (a) gonna let her kid go running off into the woods on his own (which isn't the biggest sin, but still) and (b) decide to fuck her husband out in the open with her kid presumably coming back and (c) STILL go about fucking her husband when they see a huge wolf wandering about?

It's terribly lazy writing.  It smacks of a soap opera, which let's be honest, most modern serial dramas are (if just dressed up a bit), but come on.  That's completely 100% out of character for her.  

4 hours ago, AustinMT said:
  Hide contents

Plane was a complete red herring.  And you’ll see agreement above that most of us thought the Beck Brothers would have it up a better fight

Yeah, I was able to scroll back and see where y'all were watching in real time. It was funny seeing basically exactly what I said from most of y'all. Good season, lackluster finale. Looking forward to Season 3.

What’s the deal with the druggie, Jimmy? Why did they pluck him from a crack hours and give him a brand?

I don’t remember exact details but didn’t some old man ask Dutton to take him as a favor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

I don’t remember exact details but didn’t some old man ask Dutton to take him as a favor?

his grandfather asked the favor in the pilot. he later died after the beating from the meth-heads. 

the branded ones are the guys with no place else to go, and they are in on the most secret shit. 

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

The Laramie chick is smokin'.  Hope we see more of her.

we know her in real life. she dates another actor friend. tonight the wife was like, well hey look, it’s hassie, and i had to pretend i remembered her name. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

Correct. I was wrong. Jimmy’s grandfather was well respected in the community and he asked John to give Jimmy a job. Jimmy later took the brand. 

I’m sure they’ll be some conflict if the barrel racer tries to take Jimmy away from Yellowstone. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

At least now we know why Beth has eternal hate for Jamie.

No shit. I figured the dr. / nurse has to tell her about the long term effects BEFORE it happens...but guess not on the Rez.

Love Rip just beating everyone. That dude got knocked back over the fence...got back on his horse all quiet lol. It would be fun to see him struggle with an opponent...but oh well. Always hard for me to believe who the actor really is....casting worked out great.

Barrel chasers are definitely up to something...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

No shit. I figured the dr. / nurse has to tell her about the long term effects BEFORE it happens...but guess not on the Rez.

Love Rip just beating everyone. That dude got knocked back over the fence...got back on his horse all quiet lol. It would be fun to see him struggle with an opponent...but oh well. Always hard for me to believe who the actor really is....casting worked out great.

Barrel chasers are definitely up to something...

I'll attribute this to a plot device, but yeah, a reservation doctor neglecting to tell John Dutton's daughter that she's about to be sterilized is a stretch/extremely risky move for me. Is this based in some shameful reservation fact? 

I do appreciate Sheridan layering in Rip, Beth, and Jamie making impossibly tough choices way too young. It fits the theme of the show perfectly.

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

per the scenes, jamie's about to go full-bitch mode again next week.  not sure i can go through all that again.  guess it can't get any worse than 3 characters telling him to kill himself in a 12 minute span in s2.

as for the clinic, i think they probably told her, but jamie convinced her it was the only way.

9 minutes ago, texhorn said:

Did I hear that right? 300 horses for $16k? What a bargain. And they all fit in 3 trailers, too?

mini horses ?

also, maybe someone can chime in here but was it ever standard for an abortion clinic to sterilize you on the way out ?

7 minutes ago, texhorn said:

Did I hear that right? 300 horses for $16k? What a bargain. And they all fit in 3 trailers, too?

That is all correct. I assume the new character old dude that got into it with rip bought them. Feels like he’s from the area and got back in the game getting the shooting club land.  Though you’d think between John and Beth they’d know of any land for sale or transactions. I’m still not sure how Beth didn’t buy the resort land before this new evil company did. 

1 hour ago, texhorn said:

yes, we were actually predicting how much they’d get for 300+ horses from a horse-breeding farm (not random strays or wild/abandoned horses), and I figured 250-500k but only because they were purchased in bulk. 

16k seemed like a joke and they still seemed happy to get it. also the widow looked like the chick from road house but pretty sure it wasn’t her. 

16k is supposed to give his kids “a shot at making something out of their lives”?

8 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

yes, we were actually predicting how much they’d get for 300+ horses from a horse-breeding farm (not random strays or wild/abandoned horses), and I figured 250-500k but only because they were purchased in bulk. 

16k seemed like a joke and they still seemed happy to get it. also the widow looked like the chick from road house but pretty sure it wasn’t her. 

16k is supposed to give his kids “a shot at making something out of their lives”?

Same, I came in a little over 150k figured 500 a pop at bulk, $50 a horse seems a wee bit low. 

so i was bored and thinking about the parallels of the dutton family to the corleone family.

the main dad in charge.

the war hero son who was set on having his own life (with wife/family), but got dragged back to run things.

the screw-up.  he tries to do good, but even his own family hates him.

the slutty daughter who thinks she's above it all.

the son who's not really a son, but kind of an adopted son and has always shown great loyalty.

i guess the son who died in the pilot was going to be santino. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

so i was bored and thinking about the parallels of the dutton family to the corleone family.

the main dad in charge.

the war hero son who was set on having his own life (with wife/family), but got dragged back to run things.

the son who's not really a son, but kind of an adopted son and has always shown great loyalty.

Interdasting_549dbf_4161922.jpg

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

the main dad in charge.

I can see it, but Jamie is less likeable than Fredo. At least Fredo was banging cocktail waitresses two at a time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1