Yellowstone

RPM

9 hours ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Yep. Setting up to be like last season with Sheridan trying to cram it all in to too few episodes. 

Yeah, it seems there is a lot left to do in 4 episodes.  I’m guessing the story line will cross to next season.

$500mm to walk away instead of possibly losing it for nothing is an offer that’ll be swiftly turned down by john/beth because having to drop bodies a few times per year to keep the land you make zero profit from just makes more sense. because legacy and tradition. 

Yes but now, now he realizes “it’s all for nothing” so he’s got to be tempted right?

That is if Jamie ever gets around to telling him about the offer.

13 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

$500mm to walk away instead of possibly losing it for nothing is an offer that’ll be swiftly turned down by john/beth because having to drop bodies a few times per year to keep the land you make zero profit from just makes more sense. because legacy and tradition. 

to be fair BOTH Jamie and Beth think he should probably sell.  Beth won't go against her Dad though, and thus will duke it out(and win I'm sure).

Kacey would probably be okay with selling it too.  I think that's why John is getting so irritated and thus the' "In 30 years my grandson is fighting for this ranch by himself" line. 

Costner is playing the same role he has most of his career as a gruff asshole.  He does it well but man, it’s tiresome.

We gotta put on subtitles for this show. So many accents and Costner’s words are often hard to hear. We yell at the dog for breathing so hard bc we can’t hear sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Great episode which really laid out the scare of no Dutton future. All up to you, Grandson.

The Beth/Jaime thing finally makes sense. But I still dont get how that clinic didnt somehow mention a hysterectomy to Beth before it happened. Jaime must have done all the paperwork...but still...that’s a serious thing for a young girl wout a dr/nurse talking to her about it before. Let’s hope Rip doesn’t...find out. I think Jaime gets a bad rap...shit situation he has been groomed to be.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Great episode which really laid out the scare of no Dutton future. All up to you, Grandson.

The Beth/Jaime thing finally makes sense. But I still dont get how that clinic didnt somehow mention a hysterectomy to Beth before it happened. Jaime must have done all the paperwork...but still...that’s a serious thing for a young girl wout a dr/nurse talking to her about it before. Let’s hope Rip doesn’t...find out. I think Jaime gets a bad rap...shit situation he has been groomed to be.

Jamie is a smarter Fredo (I.e. sleazy and untrustworthy), and I guess a little of Tom Hagen.    Beth is Michael.  Not sure who to compare Kayce to.  Can be violent like Sonny, but fundamentally not like him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

i don't love how they're tying the whole "beth can't have kids because of jamie" twist into the whole "there aren't enough dutton heirs to fight for this ranch once i'm gone" plotline.

i understand the need for them to pin every single problem in this show on jamie*, but enough is enough.  like sawyer said, the only real generational family empire these days is money, not land.  even without costner pulling the strings, it sounds like they would lose it to rising property taxes in the next 10-15 years anyway.  all the tate's and beth jr's in the world won't solve that one.

john-beth-jamie-kayce-rip.  give them $50mm each, then spend the other $250mm on taxes and a new ranch someplace else, and call it yellowstone.  bing bang boom.  nobody has to die.

*agreed that the indian clinic would've had to tell beth all about it.  but play it out the other way.  let's say they went to planned parenthood and everyone found out.  or let's say she goes to her dad instead of jamie.  john would either murder rip or at the very least kick him the f off the ranch, and his life would be fucked.  he would probably do/say terrible things to beth as well, scarring her even more than she already is.  i'm getting tired of jamie getting the poochie treatment.

• Like 1

You still get paid if you get condemned. Might not be as much as you would get otherwise, but you get paid.

30 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
17 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

You still get paid if you get condemned. Might not be as much as you would get otherwise, but you get paid.

are you talking about the eminent domain claim or the property tax?  i admit i have no idea how either one would work, but obviously the $500mm is going to be tough to beat.

also we were trying to figure out how big the yellowstone is.  i thought it one of the earlier seasons someone mentioned that it's 200,000 acres bigger than it used to be, as if they had been acquiring land and making it bigger.  but in this one, the offer was for "your 50,000 acres", so i guess that's how big it is now.

are you talking about the eminent domain claim or the property tax?  i admit i have no idea how either one would work, but obviously the $500mm is going to be tough to beat.
also we were trying to figure out how big the yellowstone is.  i thought it one of the earlier seasons someone mentioned that it's 200,000 acres bigger than it used to be, as if they had been acquiring land and making it bigger.  but in this one, the offer was for "your 50,000 acres", so i guess that's how big it is now.
ED claim. The govt cannot take your property without compensating you. But that doesn't mean you get the highest and best offer, either.

I took it as the 50,000 acres is only part of the ranch.
  • Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Correct.  The e-mail they showed a couple of episodes ago had a large portion in the middle of the ranch.  That’s still a lot of acres. DFW is 17,000 acres.  I assume they wan the rest for a buffer and other development (???).

And, of course, it’s a TV show, so who knows what the writers are thinking, and we are assuming they are trying to be consistent

Edited by AustinMT

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

that's what the email showed, the map where they wanted the airport.  of course it was right in the middle.

just the way she said "your 50,000 acres", as if it was all of it.  of course it's tv, so yeah.  so...$500mm and you get to keep most of your ranch?  seems like it might be worth it to kick the tires at least.

The Ponderosa was 640,000 acres, per Wikipedia :)

The Ponderosa was the fictional setting for Bonanza. According to the 9th episode ("Mr. Henry Comstock") in the first season, it was a thousand-square mile (640,000 acre or 2,600 km2) ranch on the shores of Lake Tahoe, nestled high in the Sierra Nevada, with a large ranch house in the center of it.[1]

I love this show. 

As attractive as Monica is, her character is such and effing beating.

I also wish the writing would slow down.  Every episode seems to throw 4 new plotlines into the mix and it's totally unnecessary.  

I really did buy a pair of boots for the first time in 30 years, partially due to the show.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I love this show. 
As attractive as Monica is, her character is such and effing beating.
I also wish the writing would slow down.  Every episode seems to throw 4 new plotlines into the mix and it's totally unnecessary.  
I really did buy a pair of boots for the first time in 30 years, partially due to the show.

I’d like to see Monica embrace her inner Dutton and become a little evil. Evil to the benefit of the Duttons. She’s shown a little bit when she told Kaycee to kill those brothers. Needs to get badder. She’s boring as shit now. But hotter than shit.
  • Hook 'Em 2

On July 28, 2020 at 9:27 AM, AustinMT said:

The Ponderosa was 640,000 acres, per Wikipedia :)

The Ponderosa was the fictional setting for Bonanza. According to the 9th episode ("Mr. Henry Comstock") in the first season, it was a thousand-square mile (640,000 acre or 2,600 km2) ranch on the shores of Lake Tahoe, nestled high in the Sierra Nevada, with a large ranch house in the center of it.[1]

Been there. Ranch house ain't large.

I thought an early trailer said the  Yellowstone was as big as Rhode Island, which would be around 750,000 acres (Big Swinging Dick ranch talk--all big ranches, real or fictional, like to say they are bigger than a state.)  A lot of people wouldn't know the difference between 5000 acres and 1200 sections, and any rancher worth his birthright is never going to go around telling people the size of his ranch.  From a ranching perspective, that is akin to bragging about your bank account balance.

On 7/26/2020 at 11:42 PM, henrygandorf said:

They don't make more land. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Frank Erwin said:

I thought an early trailer said the  Yellowstone was as big as Rhode Island, which would be around 750,000 acres (Big Swinging Dick ranch talk--all big ranches, real or fictional, like to say they are bigger than a state.)  A lot of people wouldn't know the difference between 5000 acres and 1200 sections, and any rancher worth his birthright is never going to go around telling people the size of his ranch.  From a ranching perspective, that is akin to bragging about your bank account balance.

i don't know how big it is, but there's always someone on it that shouldn't be.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mac8111 said:

So why is there no record of Rip at the courthouse ?

I’m probably wrong again like I was with Jimmy’s origin story, but I think Rip was a run away. But I agree, there should at least be a birth certificate. 

And speaking of birth certificates, Jesus, Taylor Sheridan slow the storyline down. 

2 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

So why is there no record of Rip at the courthouse ?

That's the back story per yellowstone wiki. Maybe Dutton had all his records destroyed to avoid the murder charge ?

Rip Wheeler grew up near Miles City, MT, on a pig farm. His parents divorced when he and his brother were young. On July 14, 1997 Rip's father came to the farm to kill his sons and ex-wife. While his brother lay dead on the floor and Rip had been knocked unconscious, Rip regained consciousness and saw how his father was murdering his mother. Rip was too late to save anyone but himself when he cracked his father's skull with a frying pan, killing him. [

Afterward, Rip was found somewhere sleeping in a hay loft. The sheriff suggested that John Dutton of the Montana Livestock Association should have a look. Rip confirmed the story Dutton had heard about what happened. John Dutton decided then and there that he would give Rip a second chance and adopted him onto his family's Ranch

I’m probably wrong again like I was with Jimmy’s origin story, but I think Rip was a run away. But I agree, there should at least be a birth certificate. 

And speaking of birth certificates, Jesus, Taylor Sheridan slow the storyline down. 

The wife paused the recording after that Jaime scene at the courthouse because she needed explanation on wtf just happened by showing us quick shots of some paperwork. I had paid attention (but it hurt my head) and got her up to speed.

You gotta think all these extra side stories and events will come to play later on.....? or add to a character’s situation for better or worse...? Reminds me of Sons of Anarchy story telling and all comes full circle no matter how random the events.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk