Yellowstone

RPM

28 minutes ago, AustinMT said:
  Hide contents

So the guitar guy at the end that Rip thought was dead — I can’t remember who it was that was supposed to kill him but wound up letting him go.  Who was it?

Kayce

Edited by RPM
TxTower beat me by a millisecond

1 hour ago, Native Horn said:

Oh shit, forgot about that!  Rip doesn't have the balls to go after Kayce does he?  

I'd say he has the balls, but he also has the brains to know better.  He could just kill the dude and throw him into the train station without Kayce knowing about it.  I assume Rip knew he was playing at this bar, right?  Or were they out there for a particular reason I've forgotten about?   He took Lloyd with him and didn't even turn around when Lloyd recognized him.  So I think I just answered my own question.   

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Why the hell did he walk into the water ???

Nekkid hot girl, cool water, R U gay? The fact you can't understand her is a plus during sexytime. As far as the plausibility of the bad guys knowing they were going to go skinny dipping right there and setting up an ambush, that's where you should be looking.

Edited by RPM

1 minute ago, RPM said:

Nekkid hot girl, cool water, R U gay? The fact you can't understand her is a plus during sexytime. As far as the plausibility of the bad guys knowing they were going to go skinny dipping right there and setting up an ambush, that's where you should be looking.

Was it an ambush or was it just a crime of opportunity?  Do we know if those two survived?  I couldn't see them in the water during the long shot at the end of the scene, but I might have just missed them.  

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I'd say he has the balls, but he also has the brains to know better.  He could just kill the dude and throw him into the train station without Kayce knowing about it.  I assume Rip knew he was playing at this bar, right?  Or were they out there for a particular reason I've forgotten about?   He took Lloyd with him and didn't even turn around when Lloyd recognized him.  So I think I just answered my own question.   

Rip didn't know the guy was playing there. Rip took Lloyd with him to ask if Lloyd would be his best man in the wedding. Once the job was done releasing the wild horse, Lloyd took him to the bar to celebrate. That's when they heard his voice, and both recognized him immediately because he took the brand.

11 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Was it an ambush or was it just a crime of opportunity?  Do we know if those two survived?  I couldn't see them in the water during the long shot at the end of the scene, but I might have just missed them.  

It was an ambush I think. They were sent out to repair cuts to the fence, presumably done by the bad guys. It was retaliation for dutton punching the young dude in the face in the dinner. So they cut the fence, and waited for dutton's people to show up, and when they did they beat them down, presumably killing teeter. I think I saw the black dude escaping out of the water near the end. So he may have survived, but either way they intentionally kept it vague for next week.

Edited by MillerEP

51 minutes ago, RPM said:

He was on the bank when the rode up 

15 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I laughed way too hard at Kayce jumping in the shower fully clothed.

I guess Rip remembered that his girl fucked Ryan Bingham. 

How did the Indian dude on horseback catch up with the oilfield guys truck?

It was a set-up. He was laying in wait. 

6 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I know it was a setup but how did they know where the guy was gonna take her? They acted like they just found all those other human remains for the first time

I'm guessing he followed them on horseback, which is why it took him a couple minutes to show up.  

Yeah, that was some stupid shit.  Reminded me of the scene in Dumb and Dumber when Jeff Daniels said, "What if he shot you in the face?"  I mean, if you're going to use her as bait and probably mete out some western, old school justice, why not just arm Monica just in case.  

I cracked up when Kayce and Shower Monica were talking.  Out of nowhere, she said something like, "I killed a man today."  The look on Kayce's face.

Also not too fond of TWD-esque thing with the two rival cowboys.  Hey.  You're the most powerful rancher in Montana, you're connected to the governor, your son is the head of the Ranch Sheriff Association (or whatever it's called), your other son is the AG.  Also, you've kind of had a hand in killing lots of people over the past few months.  I think I'll horse stomp two of your ranch hands.

Other than that, I still love the show.  The Beth, Rip, Costner, stuff is always good.  

16 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I'm guessing he followed them on horseback, which is why it took him a couple minutes to show up.  

It seemed like all of the reservation Superdutys crested the hill right after the shot. 

Edited by Lat22
  • Like 1

Try watching it with AirPods in. Agreed, the dialogue can be difficult to hear. 

Wife “watches” while working from the table so I’ll have to go volume 17 to understand Costner and the next scene is a fucking rodeo that seems like it’s volume 44

What’s the steps for season 2 and 3? Am I forking over 19.99 on prime? Or is there a way to sidestep that?

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Wife “watches” while working from the table so I’ll have to go volume 17 to understand Costner and the next scene is a fucking rodeo that seems like it’s volume 44

What’s the steps for season 2 and 3? Am I forking over 19.99 on prime? Or is there a way to sidestep that?

If you have cable, you can access all of Seasons 1 and 2 on the Paramount app by logging in with your cable provider. There is no additional charge. They also have the last 4 episodes of the current season, Season 3 Episodes 5,6,7, and 8. The latest episode is available the Monday after Sunday night's show. 

I used the app to catch up on the last 4 episodes of Season 2 because they were a bit foggy. Be warned, tons of ads. Probably twice as much as the normal live broadcast. 

I believe Season 1 only is on Peacock Free Tier. Far fewer ads than the Paramount app. Not sure what Peacock Paid Tier you'd have to upgrade to get Season 2 and the first 8 episodes of Season 3. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

This show is well cast with very good actors but writing totally sucks.  

Everything out of a Costner’s mouth is a line for the ages. Nothing conversational.

Nothing like dropping brass over a little cattle rustling. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Cattle rustling is serious business.  But yeah the writing is yikes. 
I also have issues with the geography. Apparently they are always close to Bozeman, Helena (I assume the governor’s office is in the capital city), and Billings. And Wyoming. 

Their geography is better than that piece of shit 9-1-1 Lone Star that is filmed in California.

• Like 1

I'm probably out on season 2 unless there's a terrible void of quality shows around that time.

I was pretty critical of season 1 for 2 key reasons:
-I hated all of the main characters
-The plot was absurd

I did a hard pass on season 2 last year, but due to Covid and having abundant free time, I caved and just binged seasons 2 and 3.

I think season 2 went a long way towards redeeming the show for me, primarily because they made certain characters more likable. Kayce became less of a dumbass, John became less of a complete narcissistic asshole, and Rip is definitely someone I can root for. Instead of having the entire Dutton family constantly fighting each other, they created good external antagonists with the Beck brothers.

I do think it was a major mistake to kill off the Beck brothers in the season 2 finale, especially the limp dicked way in which they did it. Sounds like that’s a common criticism.

Season 3 has been a mixed bag for me so far. The characters have progressed in a way that mostly interests me, aside from Jamie constantly getting the Theon Greyjoy treatment. The way Beth and John constantly treat him like trash and then watching him sit there and take it like an abused dog is beyond tiresome.

The plot continues to be a hot mess. Jamie’s ascent from ranch hand to Livestock Commissioner to Attorney General was comical. Agent Hendon killed the guys in the back of the horse trailer, then later apparently walked free and back to being an agent no big deal. Monica serving as bait for a murderer rapist also seemed out of place.

The biggest plot objection I have is the idea that teenage Beth went into a clinic for an abortion and got a full on hysterectomy in a span of hours. Even if we put aside the issue of informed consent for a minor without her parent present, that’s a major surgery that requires anesthesia and post-op recovery, yet she seemed essentially normal when she saw young Rip in the stable later. The idea that this could occur so quickly and easily without John knowing is absurd. But then again, this show converted John’s colon cancer into fake cancer after a vet did abdominal surgery in the field and declared him good based on an X-ray.

Despite the plot shortcomings, I’m back on board mainly due to the improvement in the core characters. Hopefully Sheridan can eventually figure out the story telling part.
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

I was pretty critical of season 1 for 2 key reasons:
-I hated all of the main characters
-The plot was absurd

I did a hard pass on season 2 last year, but due to Covid and having abundant free time, I caved and just binged seasons 2 and 3.

I think season 2 went a long way towards redeeming the show for me, primarily because they made certain characters more likable. Kayce became less of a dumbass, John became less of a complete narcissistic asshole, and Rip is definitely someone I can root for. Instead of having the entire Dutton family constantly fighting each other, they created good external antagonists with the Beck brothers.

I do think it was a major mistake to kill off the Beck brothers in the season 2 finale, especially the limp dicked way in which they did it. Sounds like that’s a common criticism.

Season 3 has been a mixed bag for me so far. The characters have progressed in a way that mostly interests me, aside from Jamie constantly getting the Theon Greyjoy treatment. The way Beth and John constantly treat him like trash and then watching him sit there and take it like an abused dog is beyond tiresome.

The plot continues to be a hot mess. Jamie’s ascent from ranch hand to Livestock Commissioner to Attorney General was comical. Agent Hendon killed the guys in the back of the horse trailer, then later apparently walked free and back to being an agent no big deal. Monica serving as bait for a murderer rapist also seemed out of place.

The biggest plot objection I have is the idea that teenage Beth went into a clinic for an abortion and got a full on hysterectomy in a span of hours. Even if we put aside the issue of informed consent for a minor without her parent present, that’s a major surgery that requires anesthesia and post-op recovery, yet she seemed essentially normal when she saw young Rip in the stable later. The idea that this could occur so quickly and easily without John knowing is absurd. But then again, this show converted John’s colon cancer into fake cancer after a vet did abdominal surgery in the field and declared him good based on an X-ray.

Despite the plot shortcomings, I’m back on board mainly due to the improvement in the core characters. Hopefully Sheridan can eventually figure out the story telling part.

We are almost 3 seasons in at this point. Ive pretty much lost all hope of this show being/becoming anything more than it currently is.

Without Sheridan or Costner, I dont watch a single episode of this Soap Opera. 

and I really have to believe the fact that its the network suits making the show so ridiculous and soapy, and not sheridan himself (based on his previous trilogy and the excellent writing and directing displayed there - yes I know he only directed Wind River).

Edited by GreenspointTexas

Buncha yella belly bastards in here that complain about this show. It’s all we got right now on network TV. Don’t watch it if you don’t like it.

This ep was good...and seems like the best eps have revenge or retaliation by the undefeated Yellowstone bunch. They pretty much always get the last word.

I don’t trust Walker...gave it away with all the questions on the body count. Lloyd might kill him anyway...

Agreed on Holloway’s character being wasted and repetitive scenes types for him. He is Lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 2

Great episode, but please explain the origins of the brand. Sheridan just assumes we know what it means. 

From the various scenes over the seasons I understood it as the brand means you are trusted by Dutton family to do whatever it takes and never turn on them bc they gave you a chance and taking care of you.

Quote from previous season I found:

"Why do they do it?" Monica asks. "The brand, why do the cowboys do that?"

John responds, "They don't all do it, just the ones who got a second chance. I guess it's a way they can prove they can be trusted.”

Monica went on to ask why Kayce has the brand and John said he branded Kayce because he disobeyed him a lot in the past and its a long story.

I didn’t realize some of the cowboys were not branded yet (Cody and other guy that got it tonight). Jimmy and Walker got it before them likely bc they had worse backgrounds and taken in by the ranch.

Who played Jamie’s bio dad? Can’t find any cast credit, but I’ll swear it is Will Patton? Costner connection all the way back to No Way Out

Nailed it.

Been busy boosting cars with Nic Cage and coaching football with Denzel. Jaime missed out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2