Yellowstone

RPM

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

thought it was a little disingenuous for barrel racers to act like their danger level is the same as riding an animal purposely trying to buck them to the ground. 

Same. Jimmy should have told her to get her ass on a bucking horse or bull and see if it feels different than a barrel horse. 

cut to season 4 premiere...

john dutton makes the rounds to find out who's ok.

"they shot me, they shot kayce, they tried to blow up beth, also something happened to jimmy.  hey kid, were you riding again, or did they get to you?"

"uh, yeah sir, i just didn't see them coming.  crazy."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, noharleyyet said:

bullet proof cell phones (maybe)

Gorilla Glass and Otterbox?

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

I figure Casey kicking ass in an office shootout with terrorists will be a great way to kickoff his gubernatorial campaign.

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The bullet riddled desk will be a great prop. 

Yeah, him standing behind that flipped over desk is his campaign poster. Hell, it's his entire campaign.

This was the money group. Jamie doesn't have the balls to do it and was unaware when Rip called. The Indians need the Duttons for now, this did not help them. They'll get what they want later after the legal battle starts and Yellowstone is bound under the lawsuit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Same. Jimmy should have told her to get her ass on a bucking horse or bull and see if it feels different than a barrel horse. 

Yeah, the most exciting part of barrel racing is watching those gals face down death with no fucks given.

Yeah you don’t need to kill Beth or Jamie to get the ranch. John, yes. Unclear on what kayce would do but I lean towards sell. Even more unclear what Monica would do if she ended up inheriting the whole thing if they all are dead. She might just sell it to the tribe for a few million dollars to take care of her and Tate. Then good luck with eminent domain or property taxes once it is tribal land. That shit disappears overnight. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah you don’t need to kill Beth or Jamie to get the ranch. John, yes. Unclear on what kayce would do but I lean towards sell. Even more unclear what Monica would do if she ended up inheriting the whole thing if they all are dead. She might just sell it to the tribe for a few million dollars to take care of her and Tate. Then good luck with eminent domain or property taxes once it is tribal land. That shit disappears overnight. 

yeah I was actually thinking that john was going to sign over the area for the airport to the indians as his trump card, and then rainwater would end up fucking it up somehow and that would be season 4. 

This should be more interesting. 

Oddly, out of all the disbelief presented throughout the episode, the only one that really bothered me was the Jimmy part.  He knows damn well he's dead if he tries to go against the brand.  I get "undefeated" and all, but so many things go against the logic of his decision.

I will have a problem if the assassins turn out to be from the developers.  They just left the meeting.  I guess a case could be made for contingency, but it just seems kind of dumb.  "Hey.  We're going to have a meeting.  If it doesn't go exactly as planned, kill everyone!". 

• Haha 2

They’ve painted themselves into one of two situations that we are supposed to believe:

either one entity is behind the attempts and they chose mail bomb, government office storming, and drive by (ish) machine gunning of someone they had no idea would be stopped on the side of the road (or they killed the woman co-conspirator and left the kid for dead along with the vehicle) 

or

its two or more entities that all attempted to murder a Dutton at more or less the same time.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Its gonna be Jaime and his Dad and a bunch of meth head cousins that will be the big bads in Season 4

I definitely think they will be involved but they need to thin some storylines down before they add another big one in. I hope....

All of Dutton's enemies were in on the hits.  Coincidence that they all happened at the same time.

Casey is a warrior.  He has the Indians "respect".  The Indian lawyer woman put her men on him without Rainwater's approval/knowledge.  His driver may have known or was in on it.

The Equity lawyer said that it is time to start treating this case like a Middle East case.  They bomb things in the Middle East.  The Equity people had the hit on Beth.

John Dutton was attacked by people employed by Jamie with the help of his dad.  His dad got some drunk cellmates to do the hit.  They are not pros.

The Duttons get revenge.  Rip goes wild(er).  The Montana cattlemen that were just in Casey's office form a posse and help the Duttons out.

In the end Tate gets the ranch.  The Duttons win becasue Tate is a Dutton and the Indians win because Tate is half Indian.  The land is preserved for all.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2018 at 8:56 PM, henrygandorf said:

i'm interested enough to keep going with it.  i mean shit, it's summer and there is not much on tv.

the one thing that bothers me (although y'all seem obsessed with her) is the kelly reilly character.  i'm getting a little sick of shows set up like this, where the majority of the characters are men, so invariably, the only woman is "the ultimate badass".  and they almost always start by showing us how badass she either by killing it in the boardroom around a bunch of older men, or at some bar, by herself, shooting someone down who's hitting on her.

in this show, we got both.  very paint by numbers.

and yes, costner seems to have gotten very gruff and eastwood-esque like he's whispering as hard as he can.  kinda like how jeff bridges' voice just got hard to understand all of a sudden in certain things.

i'm through three episodes and i don't think she's had any dialogue that wasn't some badass/walk away punch line that put some gtown man in his place. it's pretty heavy handed. 

• 1 month later...

Probably a lot over the years. They mention in the latest scene there that it sits between two counties, and on neither of their maps, so there is no local law enforcement that has any jurisdiction there. You'd think that the State would do something about that exact spot though, since it seems to be used fairly frequently.

I just want to know how many bodies are piled up at the bottom of the train station.  It seems like eventually someone would notice them.

If it really happened, I suspect they would get eaten rather quickly by wolves, coyotes, bears, etc. There may be some bones laying around.

3 hours ago, Augustus said:

I just find it a bit silly that it's business as usual at the ranch to just murder a significant portion of the ranch hands when they decide to leave, or are fired.

Am I misremembering?  I thought the "train station" was only for those that were already branded and, thus, few in number.  I don't think it's for anyone that's just passed through.  I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Am I misremembering?  I thought the "train station" was only for those that were already branded and, thus, few in number.  I don't think it's for anyone that's just passed through.  I could be wrong.

You can be, and are wrong.  The first guy they shot was unbranded.  He got in trouble for messing with Jimmy, who was branded.  I understood it to be anyone that has seen too much at the ranch.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

Paramount ran a marathon this weekend so I used it to get caught up. Peacock sucks with all the ads. 

I can’t believe all the complaining in this thread. This show is cheesy awesome. But I will say one thing is very distracting: Jamie’s hair helmet. I mean seriously wtf?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/28/2020 at 5:17 PM, Buzzrock said:

Paramount ran a marathon this weekend so I used it to get caught up. Peacock sucks with all the ads. 

I can’t believe all the complaining in this thread. This show is cheesy awesome. But I will say one thing is very distracting: Jamie’s hair helmet. I mean seriously wtf?

Pretty much this.  Not everything needs to be Breaking Bad/Mad Men.  Some shows are just fun to watch.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 11/18/2020 at 3:59 PM, Biff Tannen said:

You can be, and are wrong.  The first guy they shot was unbranded.  He got in trouble for messing with Jimmy, who was branded.  I understood it to be anyone that has seen too much at the ranch.

This is at the top of the list of stuff that doesn't make sense ... not like they're the Snells growing a bunch of poppies ... I mean really think some hand is going to run to the sheriff and say "I saw Rip being mean to people" and take down the ranch?

In other news, this show has to trigger Betas so hard I cannot believe it's survived this long.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

i dvr'ed that marathon and watched the show from beginning to end in about 2 weeks.  i like it, but there are plot holes galore.  i kind of see it as the better seasons of sons of anarchy, but on a ranch and not quite as violent.  they definitely do the same shit where major characters are put in situations that should result in either death or at least significant long term damage (the shootout at the white supremist compound in the season 2 finale where all the good guys were fine and all the bad guys died as an example).

rip and kaycee are good characters and i root for them.  if they wrote beth in a more believable manner, she'd be a good character too.  costner does a good job as john. 

it's far from a prestige drama, but it's a fun world to spend some time in.  i wish i had more episodes to watch. 

i discovered whiskey myers thanks to this show.  solid group.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

i dvr'ed that marathon and watched the show from beginning to end in about 2 weeks.  i like it, but there are plot holes galore.  i kind of see it as the better seasons of sons of anarchy, but on a ranch and not quite as violent.  they definitely do the same shit where major characters are put in situations that should result in either death or at least significant long term damage (the shootout at the white supremist compound in the season 2 finale where all the good guys were fine and all the bad guys died as an example).

rip and kaycee are good characters and i root for them.  if they wrote beth in a more believable manner, she'd be a good character too.  costner does a good job as john. 

it's far from a prestige drama, but it's a fun world to spend some time in.  i wish i had more episodes to watch. 

i discovered whiskey myers thanks to this show.  solid group.

Better late than never. I saw Whiskey Myers at Big Texas Clear Lake in 2012 or 2013. It was a great show. I'd try to catch them at a small venue when things return to normal.