Yellowstone

RPM

Just watched the premiere and it wasn't horrible. Reminded me of Longmire on steroids. White man versus indian (feather). Homeboy versus land developers. Rated TV-MA so they throw you a sex scene or two along with graphic violence here and there. 

12 hours ago, RedDirtTexan said:

Not a terrible start. Some good scenes and dialogue. Cinematography is outstanding.  

Pilot solid B for me. 

I love the scenery and will continue to watch for that, if nothing else.

Seems like it's Dallas set in Montana, with cussing and nudity.

Anybody know where they are filming the show?

4 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Anybody know where they are filming the show?

Per wiki:

The series went into production in August 2017 at the Chief Joseph Ranch in Darby, Montana which is standing in as the home of John Dutton. Filming also started that month near Park City, Utah. The production is using all three soundstages at the Utah Film Studio in Park City, which is a total of 45,000 square feet. The building also houses offices, editing, a huge wardrobe department and construction shops. By November, the series had filmed on more than twenty locations in Utah, including the Salt Flats and Spanish Fork. In addition filming had also taken place at various locations in Montana. 

The premiere of Paramount Network’s new drama series “Yellowstone” saw impressive gains in delayed viewing.

According to Nielsen Live+3 data, “Yellowstone” pulled in 4.8 million viewers, up approximately 71% from the 2.8 million the show drew in Live+Same Day in its premiere on June 20. With that, “Yellowstone” now ranks as ad-supported cable’s most-watched scripted drama series premiere since “The People vs O.J. Simpson” in 2016 and the most-watched original series telecast not only in the new network’s history, but also for its former iteration, Spike TV.

The show also rose 75% in adults 18-49, growing from a solid 0.4 to a 0.7 after three days of playback.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/yellowstone-premiere-ratings-delayed-viewing-1202856869/

On 6/26/2018 at 9:22 AM, Incredulity said:

Disclaimer: I am no where near as old as my avatar.

Anyone else struggle with what Costner was saying.  I swear to god there is an epidemic of mumbling going on in films and television.

Or is it me?

I'm glad you said something, I thought it was me

I, like Im sure several others did, paused and rewound that Kelly Reilly sex scene,  yes, there were several frames of open boobage.

and OUCH at the follow up line of thinking it was bigger

I agree on the B grade above, the scenery is what is doing it for me right now

Edited by AUS-97HORN

The bullrider line was pretty good...

I want to meet the first man that thought riding a bull was a good idea.

I don't know. He might be worth meeting. It's the second guy I'm worried about.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 2

The little brother put himself in a tough spot when he put the meth head out of his misery.  They'll have ballistics on that shot and the ones that killed his brother-in-law now...plus he handed the tribe police officer the slide from his gun.  They'll have pretty much everything they need to put that murder charge on him.

The little brother put himself in a tough spot when he put the meth head out of his misery.  They'll have ballistics on that shot and the ones that killed his brother-in-law now...plus he handed the tribe police officer the slide from his gun.  They'll have pretty much everything they need to put that murder charge on him.
Yeah, that was a little ham fisted i thought.

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
3 hours ago, Frank The Tank said:

Yeah, that was a little ham fisted i thought.

#1 little brother is SEAL, hes not stupid enough to have kept the barrel that he used to kill his brother-in-law.

#2 I dont think it can be used against him the way you said even if he was that stupid.  and yes its a TV show, so the writers assume everyone is an idiot. 

The chief and the reservation cop both thought the coup-de-grace, was the right thing to do as the ambulance couldnt arrive for 45 mins, and the guy was going to die in burning agony anyway. 

now if they actually test the barrel and it matches the bullet that killed the BIL, so what, all it does is prove to the chief that the little brother did it, he cant PROVE it because how the fuck do you explain to the authorities, how you got the slide in the first place??? 

The reservation cop put in his report that HE killed the methhead.   now suddenly you have a barrel that matches the methhead dispatch AND the BIL being killed?  it would look like the reservation cop was the BIL killer, which could derail the Chief's plans.  But if they go public that they swapped out barrels,  the Rez Cop is flat out admitting he altered evidence and that he covered up the mercy killing- either way, reservation cop would now be in deep shit.

The furthest that goes is proving the little brother killed the BIL to the chief.  But then again, that assumes the bullets pulled from the BIL's body werent destroyed in the soon-to-be explosion of the medical clinic with the formaldehyde smoking  dead doc.

On June 26, 2018 at 9:22 AM, Incredulity said:

Disclaimer: I am no where near as old as my avatar.

Anyone else struggle with what Costner was saying.  I swear to god there is an epidemic of mumbling going on in films and television.

Or is it me?

Yep. Had to run it back several times and still couldn't figure it out. The lovely wife with "super" hearing couldn't even interpret for me.

On 6/29/2018 at 7:08 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

#1 little brother is SEAL, hes not stupid enough to have kept the barrel that he used to kill his brother-in-law.

#2 I dont think it can be used against him the way you said even if he was that stupid.  and yes its a TV show, so the writers assume everyone is an idiot. 

The chief and the reservation cop both thought the coup-de-grace, was the right thing to do as the ambulance couldnt arrive for 45 mins, and the guy was going to die in burning agony anyway. 

now if they actually test the barrel and it matches the bullet that killed the BIL, so what, all it does is prove to the chief that the little brother did it, he cant PROVE it because how the fuck do you explain to the authorities, how you got the slide in the first place??? 

The reservation cop put in his report that HE killed the methhead.   now suddenly you have a barrel that matches the methhead dispatch AND the BIL being killed?  it would look like the reservation cop was the BIL killer, which could derail the Chief's plans.  But if they go public that they swapped out barrels,  the Rez Cop is flat out admitting he altered evidence and that he covered up the mercy killing- either way, reservation cop would now be in deep shit.

The furthest that goes is proving the little brother killed the BIL to the chief.  But then again, that assumes the bullets pulled from the BIL's body werent destroyed in the soon-to-be explosion of the medical clinic with the formaldehyde smoking  dead doc.

While all of this is true, I thought I saw Kaycie pull the pistol from his dying brother. And that is why everyone assumed it was a Mexican standoff gone bad. Why would they not have immediately searched for a 3rd shooter, instead of assuming that Dutton initially killed the injun? Thats how I saw that scene, but maybe I need to rewatch.

On 6/28/2018 at 2:39 PM, RedDirtTexan said:

Cole Hauser does not fuck around. And his girlfriend is batshit.

Enjoying the Cowboys vs. Injuns way this is rolling out. The SEAL son with a foot in both worlds. 

Well you have to remember that Cole Hauser started his violent lifestyle by chasing freshmen with a paddle.  Mitchie.....Mitchie Mitchie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Native Horn said:

Well you have to remember that Cole Hauser started his violent lifestyle by chasing freshmen with a paddle.  Mitchie.....Mitchie Mitchie

I'm confused. And a bit dazed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, veritas aequitas said:

The calf pulling scene was so awful I deleted it at that point.

Yep.  that ain't how it's done.

#7 years on a dairy

also, why the fuck is it absolute that Seal boy's shots fired were not in self defense?  There's no testimony from the dead injun about his intent with the firearm.

i'm interested enough to keep going with it.  i mean shit, it's summer and there is not much on tv.

the one thing that bothers me (although y'all seem obsessed with her) is the kelly reilly character.  i'm getting a little sick of shows set up like this, where the majority of the characters are men, so invariably, the only woman is "the ultimate badass".  and they almost always start by showing us how badass she either by killing it in the boardroom around a bunch of older men, or at some bar, by herself, shooting someone down who's hitting on her.

in this show, we got both.  very paint by numbers.

and yes, costner seems to have gotten very gruff and eastwood-esque like he's whispering as hard as he can.  kinda like how jeff bridges' voice just got hard to understand all of a sudden in certain things.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/2/2018 at 8:44 PM, slorch said:

also, why the fuck is it absolute that Seal boy's shots fired were not in self defense?  There's no testimony from the dead injun about his intent with the firearm.

The chest shots were not the problem. It was the coup de grace shot that goes from self defense to murder.

So he made him deader? 

Not arguing. It just seems easy as hell to say, " He had already shot my brother, had taken aim at me, and I feared for my life. "

Edited by slorch

The problem is that the chest shots didn't kill the Injun. Seal boy walks over and stands over him before administering the coup de grace.

Of course, I'm no forensics expert so I don't know if everything could be proven, and who knows how a jury would rule.

As I used to tell my dad constantly when watching a movie or TV show, "It's make believe, go with it."

I watched both episodes last night. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Then again, I'm no cattle rancher nor forensics expert, so I'm not over analyzing everything. 

Also, how does the Paramount Network get away with showing tite? 

• Hook 'Em 1