Yellowstone

RPM

10 hours ago, lateshow said:

I watched both episodes last night. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Then again, I'm no cattle rancher nor forensics expert, so I'm not over analyzing everything. 

Also, how does the Paramount Network get away with showing tite? 

Very simply Costner isn't fing around. Any loose end is getting tied up and then bashed to death.

Cole Hauser as Rip is a darned good as enforcer. Very underrated thespian going back to Dazed and Confused. 

The director's masterful manipulation of the camera/editing in showing Kelly Reilly's bewbs while not full on showing her bewbs deserves an Emmy. 

I don't like the creepy/awkward son,  he's not good in anything. I already miss the other one. 

also, I thought it was interesting that they brought in Gretchen Mol to play the role of mom from 21 years ago, and Josh Lucas to play the role of dad.

Not that either of those 2 actors are A-list actors, but both of them are pretty well known. 

And it seems odd that they would be brought in to play a 3 min "back in time" role on a tv show without the promise of a fuckload more backstory

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Does the Seal guy have to kill someone every episode? This is getting ridiculous.

The cream always rises to the top.

3 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

also, I thought it was interesting that they brought in Gretchen Mol to play the role of mom from 21 years ago, and Josh Lucas to play the role of dad.

Not that either of those 2 actors are A-list actors, but both of them are pretty well known. 

And it seems odd that they would be brought in to play a 3 min "back in time" role on a tv show without the promise of a fuckload more backstory

I think it shows they are going all in with zero fucks. Maybe Paramount wants to be a serious contender on a landscape that gives them the freedom to tell a story this way. Unless the FCC decides to step in, which I doubt will happen, expect to see more. AMC laid some serious groundwork for others to build on with Breaking Bad.

I love how the part of the reservation that is so desolate that those guys can park their van, do their thing, then they get killed, they come back and bury/burn the bodies at night and get rid of the van and nobody sees them.  Then the next day a survey crew walks right on top of the grave.  Gotta love it.

This show is losing me fast.  Don't think nekkid sister is all that (horse face) but damn, her body is rocking.

1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

I think the Navy Seal dude killing people every episode is leading up to them revealing he mercy killed his mom with that knife when he was little. 

That might actually be worth it, although he's leaving evidence all over the place.  

5 hours ago, Lat22 said:

I love how the newborn calf jumped up and sprinted off. 

They will walk right away, but yeah, that was odd.

Stranger still is how there was no afterbirth/ placenta and the calf was basically born dry.

When you pull a calf, it most often involves a come-a-long and a very solid post from which to gain leverage, but super-boy just pulls the calf out with brute strength and rocks in his pockets, I guess.

When sissy made light of soft (fucks) city boys, it's easy to see why her expectations are so high with these feats of awesome strength.

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

and she has bangs.

fify 

I've only really remember her in Flight. She was in the last True Detective series, but I've successfully scrubbed most of that abomination from my memory. She may be Montana hot, but that drops rapidly outside the state. Most definitely a butterface.

Edited by RPM

yeah, that last scene i definitely called bullshit on it.  you're telling me you aren't going to get suspicious whatsoever that this dude is driving you for hours on end and that's the first time you ask where we going.  then he pulls over off the side of a cliff and you didn't start to fight for your life?  like fuck that noise.

On 7/22/2018 at 1:57 AM, solamente73 said:

Showcasing Whiskey Myers and including Uncle Lucius in E4 was a pleasant surprise.  Texas represent, y’all.

Yeah, whoever is picking the music is doing a great job.  Billy Joe Shaver song over the closing credits in E1 or E2, also.

Renewed for S2

Amid record-setting viewership in its freshman season, Paramount Network has given an early second-season renewal to its critically praised drama series Yellowstone starring Kevin Costner. Production will begin shortly on the 10-episode Season 2, which will be shot entirely on location in Utah and Montana. The season one finale airs Wednesday, August 22 at 10 PM, ET/PT, with season two premiering next year.

Following a record-setting premiere that attracted 5.3 million viewers, the series now ranks as cable’s most-watched series behind The Walking Dead, according to the network and Nielsen. Season to date, the series is averaging 5 million viewers and a 1.4 rating with P18-49, 2.0 P25-54 and 1.9 among women 24-54. The premiere was the most-watched original series telecast both in the new network’s history and its former iteration, Spike.

Excellent episode and nobody died. We learned Beth is truly batshit crazy and Dodge trucks have shitty brakes. Side note, I fucking loved the tread on the dually tires. Those were badass.

I guess I've never listened to much Ryan Bingham, but I like what little I heard. Not a terrible actor. That exchange with him and Cole outside the prison was great. That was a legit cowboy conversation. 

I like the little kid. He's an above average actor for his age. I think watching the brand ceremony hit close to home for Mom.

I do have one question. Wasn't Kayce on ready alert to ship out? What happened with that? Did I miss something? 

OK, that was three, but, you know...

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Excellent episode and nobody died. We learned Beth is truly batshit crazy and Dodge trucks have shitty brakes. Side note, I fucking loved the tread on the dually tires. Those were badass.

I guess I've never listened to much Ryan Bingham, but I like what little I heard. Not a terrible actor. That exchange with him and Cole outside the prison was great. That was a legit cowboy conversation. 

I like the little kid. He's an above average actor for his age. I think watching the brand ceremony hit close to home for Mom.

I do have one question. Wasn't Kayce on ready alert to ship out? What happened with that? Did I miss something? 

OK, that was three, but, you know...

I'm a big Ryan Bingham fan, never seen him act before and was pleasantly surprised. With him being branded, I wonder if this means he'll be a regular, or will they drive him to Wyoming and kill him too?

Beth is batshit because mommy didn't love her?
And I guess Beth thinks it's her fault she died? 
Only convicts get branded, Kayce has a brand, is he an ex con?
The res police are going to say that Kayce murdered the meth head that was on fire, he shot?

Ryan Bingham had small part in Hostiles,

Spoiler

played a soldier who could play guitar then got killed

Edited by TXLNGHRN10

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Was really hoping the wife would get nekkid last night.  Much disappoint.

well she got pretty dang nekkid i think in episode 2 while in the shower with the see-through curtain.   just in time for her dingbat navy SEAL husband to blow up the tree trunk in the yard.

16 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

well she got pretty dang nekkid i think in episode 2 while in the shower with the see-through curtain.   just in time for her dingbat navy SEAL husband to blow up the tree trunk in the yard.

Not that wife.  The developer dude's wife.  She's very milfy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TXLNGHRN10 said:

Beth is batshit because mommy didn't love her?
And I guess Beth thinks it's her fault she died? 
Only convicts get branded, Kayce has a brand, is he an ex con?
The res police are going to say that Kayce murdered the meth head that was on fire, he shot?

Ryan Bingham had small part in Hostiles,

Hide contents

played a soldier who could play guitar then got killed

I guess I missed seeing Kayce's brand, or forgot. Rip did say that only criminals get branded.