Yellowstone

RPM

22 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Breaking Bad and The Wire are what I consider the two best TV shows of all time

Best or favorite? I'd argue that GOT is the best, and it's probably not even close (despite the crappy GOT final season).  That's not to say GOT is my favorite, or even in my top few.  But top to bottom, it is the best.

Despite multiple attempts, I could just never get into The Wire, which never ceases to amaze me given that almost everyone who has some of my other favorites on their list usually includes The Wire.

That said, I like Yellowstone a lot better than The Wire, but I also fully admit that doesn't make it better.  It probably doesn't even deserve being in the same conversation, honestly.  And certainly nowhere near Breaking Bad, GOT, Sopranos, and Mad Men.  But I grew up on a ranch and some of it hits close to home for me, so I like it better.

Anyhooo...not really sure where I'm going with this.  Mostly just talking out of my ass, as usual I suppose.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Well, considering he's got different color hair, didn't have a beard then, isn't a big-name star and it's been almost 30 years since D&C was filmed.... I'd say it's pretty goddamn easy to understand how it's possible to not make the connection.

Not to mention the same fuckin' name.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Furk. New season moved to November. Some are thinking because of Olympics. 

https://tvline.com/2021/07/01/yellowstone-season-4-premiere-date-delayed-paramount-network/

There some streaming/licensing issues as well. It's a Paramount show, but Peacock has the streaming rights to Season 1-3. 

The Olympics end August 8th. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 9:15 AM, Landomatic said:

Best or favorite? I'd argue that GOT is the best, and it's probably not even close (despite the crappy GOT final season).  That's not to say GOT is my favorite, or even in my top few.  But top to bottom, it is the best.

Despite multiple attempts, I could just never get into The Wire, which never ceases to amaze me given that almost everyone who has some of my other favorites on their list usually includes The Wire.

That said, I like Yellowstone a lot better than The Wire, but I also fully admit that doesn't make it better.  It probably doesn't even deserve being in the same conversation, honestly.  And certainly nowhere near Breaking Bad, GOT, Sopranos, and Mad Men.  But I grew up on a ranch and some of it hits close to home for me, so I like it better.

Anyhooo...not really sure where I'm going with this.  Mostly just talking out of my ass, as usual I suppose.

Sopranos, IMO, is the best TV drama of all time.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/22/2021 at 9:15 AM, Landomatic said:

Holy cow.  I could have typed this response myself - even per your feelings on The Wire.  The Sopranos and Madmen, to me, are your slow-sipping bourbons.  GOT, Yellowstone, and Stranger Things (sorry, 80's nerd) are your wild night, party shots.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 10:12 PM, utxmike05 said:

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill

Sam Elliott

Billy bob Thornton

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/arts-and-culture/a35447964/yellowstone-tv-prequel-y-1883/

Pretty impressive that they started production in late August and the series will premiere before Christmas. 

Got my mom hooked on it, she binged the 3 seasons over labor day weekend when the marathon was on Paramount channel.

Fun fact, old seasons aren't even available on Paramount+ (which I pay for).  bull shit.  Instead it is on Peacock app, but you have to pay for the series - only episode 1 of season 1 was free, lol.  Hate all these damn streaming apps.

Also there will be another spin-off by Sheridan called 6666

https://parade.com/1212453/klconniewang/6666-yellowstone-spinoff/

3 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Got my mom hooked on it, she binged the 3 seasons over labor day weekend when the marathon was on Paramount channel.

Fun fact, old seasons aren't even available on Paramount+ (which I pay for).  bull shit.  Instead it is on Peacock app, but you have to pay for the series - only episode 1 of season 1 was free, lol.  Hate all these damn streaming apps.

They haven’t said much about 6666, but I’m getting The Last Cowboy unscripted series vibes. 

It’s still a working ranch, and one of their foremen has a YouTube channel. it doesn’t take much imagination to get there. 

Additionally they haven’t made any casting announcements for the show. 

I’m here for it regardless. 

6 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Yeah for the show being popular as it is, they make it really difficult to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/21/2018 at 2:11 AM, RPM said:

Just watched the premiere and it wasn't horrible. Reminded me of Longmire on steroids. White man versus indian (feather). Homeboy versus land developers. Rated TV-MA so they throw you a sex scene or two along with graphic violence here and there. 

Finally started this last night after downloading all 3 seasons on my DirecTV Genie.

After watching the first episode I'm considering just deleting it all.  Does it get better?  Kelly Reilly (while quite fetching) is almost as horrible an actress in this as she was in TD season 2.  Just seemed totally predictable and unintentionally funny at the same time (KC takes himself way too seriously).

On 9/14/2021 at 7:49 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

They haven’t said much about 6666, but I’m getting The Last Cowboy unscripted series vibes. 

It’s still a working ranch, and one of their foremen has a YouTube channel. it doesn’t take much imagination to get there. 

Additionally they haven’t made any casting announcements for the show. 

I’m here for it regardless. 

Sheridan also bought the 6666 ranches in TX this year...or is at least part of the group that did. 

Some Season 4 scenes have been filmed there before he bought it.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-entertainment/imagine-all-the-westerns-taylor-sheridan-could-shoot-at-6666-ranch/

On 9/15/2021 at 5:35 PM, DDD Dad said:

Finally started this last night after downloading all 3 seasons on my DirecTV Genie.

After watching the first episode I'm considering just deleting it all.  Does it get better?  Kelly Reilly (while quite fetching) is almost as horrible an actress in this as she was in TD season 2.  Just seemed totally predictable and unintentionally funny at the same time (KC takes himself way too seriously).

Delete it.  It's a complete waste of time.  Not only based on pretty much all of the posters on this thread that like it, but the overall popularity of it with pretty much anyone that's seen it, myself included.  All of us are wrong.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Season 1 was slow and lot of setting up the political landscape drama.  When I rewatched with my parents it reminded me but I promised them season 2 would turn it up a lot. And it delivers.  

gotta love when someone stumbles into a 20+ page thread dedicated to a tv show and makes the "watched the first episode, does it ever get good?" post.

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2021 at 3:35 PM, DDD Dad said:

it's not mad men, the wire, sopranos, or succession.  it's billions on a ranch.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HiggyBaby said:

So is the Sunday premier on Paramount Network or Paramount +?

It will be aired live on the Paramount network channel.  And you can watch recorded episodes on the Paramount Network app (this is where a friend of mine binged season 1 years ago).  It won't be on Parmaount+ for some reason.  

• Like 1

Strolling through Academy last week and saw they had Yellowstone shirts and hoodies...I got my sister the "Don't make me go Beth Dutton on You" shirt. Seriously though....don't make her.  

They also had a "Rip can be my ranch hand anyway".  It still trips me out how that actor transformed into that character.  Some people don't recognize him.

Edited by utxmike05

2 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

It will be aired live on the Paramount network channel.  And you can watch recorded episodes on the Paramount Network app (this is where a friend of mine binged season 1 years ago).  It won't be on Parmaount+ for some reason.  

I’ll probably get slapped down by the Surly Ari Golds, but I believe Peacock owns the streaming rights. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

3 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Strolling through Academy last week and saw they had Yellowstone shirts and hoodies...I got my sister the "Don't make me go Beth Dutton on You" shirt. Seriously though....don't make her.  

They also had a "Rip can be my ranch hand anyway".  It still trips me out how that actor transformed into that character.  Some people don't recognize him.

Boy wouldn’t know his name if it wasn’t stenciled on his locker. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2