Yellowstone

RPM

On 9/10/2021 at 10:12 PM, utxmike05 said:

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill

Sam Elliott

Billy bob Thornton

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/arts-and-culture/a35447964/yellowstone-tv-prequel-y-1883/

Based on the trailers, it should be Lonesome Dove level awesomeness. 

Sam Elliott and Billy Bob kill in everything. 

6 hours ago, cmontexas said:

I feel like absolutely nothing happened this episode. Not that I really mind, they needed to slow down the pace. People like the show more for the world it's built more than anything else.

The Willie song at the end was the best part

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, cmontexas said:

I feel like absolutely nothing happened this episode. Not that I really mind, they needed to slow down the pace. People like the show more for the world it's built more than anything else.

I wonder if John will move Carter into the house now that Kacey and his family have moved out

Jimmy's storyline is a snoozer, too much time.

i was really glad to see that at least Kacie didn't think Jamie had anything to do with the attacks! shame on John for even suspecting otherwise. i mean yeah, they're estranged but holy fuck that's still your son and it's a huge leap from there to diabolical "i'm gonna kill my entire family mwaahahaha!!", i mean wtf Duttons! 

Kacie is right about Beth too... she's all twisted up about Jamie and has manipulated her dad to hate him.

btw i think she is terribly unfair about the the backstory bt she and Jamie and why she hates him. i mean as a woman i 'get it' in terms of the psych effects that would have, but fuck, he was just a kid himself and she put him in the position of having to make that decision. really unfair of her, dislike! lol

Jamie is the first character to actually acknowledge and call out the body counts and counter-attacks haha. glad somebody finally did 😄

and whoever called his bio dad as the culprit winner winner chicken dinner! 

47 minutes ago, mchookem said:

Jimmy's storyline is a snoozer, too much time.

i was really glad to see that at least Kacie didn't think Jamie had anything to do with the attacks! shame on John for even suspecting otherwise. i mean yeah, they're estranged but holy fuck that's still your son and it's a huge leap from there to diabolical "i'm gonna kill my entire family mwaahahaha!!", i mean wtf Duttons! 

Kacie is right about Beth too... she's all twisted up about Jamie and has manipulated her dad to hate him.

btw i think she is terribly unfair about the the backstory bt she and Jamie and why she hates him. i mean as a woman i 'get it' in terms of the psych effects that would have, but fuck, he was just a kid himself and she put him in the position of having to make that decision. really unfair of her, dislike! lol

Jamie is the first character to actually acknowledge and call out the body counts and counter-attacks haha. glad somebody finally did 😄

Yeah the whole episode was just kind of a catch your breath episode before the next wave of shit starts.  The filler action horse scenes were a big part of that.

Beth is damaged goods, so yeah she's a twisted bitch. She's the rock drs. break themselves against is a perfect self descriptor. 

Yeah, knew Jamies dad was gonna be part of that whole thing when it was revealed he was an ex con.  Everybody who tries to get next to the Duttons either wants money or the farm.

7 hours ago, cmontexas said:

I wonder if John will move Carter into the house now that Kacey and his family have moved out

Agreed. Seems like the pattern is hitting you in the face with a 12 inch black dildo as hard as they can for the first 3 episodes then slow burn and then use that dildo without permission the final 3 or 4 episodes of the season. 

But I'll still watch them all. 

4 minutes ago, pops said:

Agreed. Seems like the pattern is hitting you in the face with a 12 inch black dildo as hard as they can for the first 3 episodes then slow burn and then use that dildo without permission the final 3 or 4 episodes of the season. 

But I'll still watch them all. 

So..... yer saying you don't mind a dildo being used on you ?  Multiple times ??

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

Uh, well if it was his dad then he kind of did have something to do with it. And if it is him, then he will really have something to do with it if he tries to cover it up.

Beth told John at one point "I'll always be loyal".  This just seems to be a set up for just the opposite to happen at some point.  As long as I'm out on limb, I'll say someone who knows Garrett is Jamie's dad is using that info to set Jamie up in a frame job.  Of course there will be a shit storm first. You heard it first.

The show horse sub-plot feels like Taylor Sheridan just wants to show off his horse riding skills, how much money he spends on horses, and let everyone know that he owns the 6666 Ranch.

From an entertainment standpoint, it’s kind of boring to watch cowboys spin in circles on horses and abruptly stop on horses and kick up dirt. Maybe I’m not the target audience for this.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

The show horse sub-plot feels like Taylor Sheridan just wants to show off his horse riding skills, how much money he spends on horses, and let everyone know that he owns the 6666 Ranch.

From an entertainment standpoint, it’s kind of boring to watch cowboys spin in circles on horses and abruptly stop on horses and kick up dirt. Maybe I’m not the target audience for this.

Exactly. It was kind of neat seeing it once or twice. But it's been featured in every episode so far. We get it, Taylor.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Taylor is also terribad actor so his scenes drag the show.

To be honest with you, he gives the most authentic performance on the show. I know a dozen horse guys exactly like that except they cuss more.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Agree w above I think Beth for once is going to end up as not the wittiest/smartest person in the business room.  Old lady went toe to toe, she isn't scared.

We enjoy Sherdian's screentime...his character brings some liveliness to the slow talking main cast (besides the bunkhouse).  BUT I'm OK with him not showing up again - I get it he is a big deal and this is his universe and he wants to be on screen to setup the 6666 story for the next show.

So did Lloyd leave the ranch?  He leave on his own?  Or was that Rip punch more about giving him the signal he needs to leave?

12 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

all of this. he should get 45 seconds per season to montage that shit. featuring it every episode (especially droning on about $$ figures) is extremely tiresome and wrecks the tone of the show. 

he also thinks that characters being mean is the same as them sounding cool and confident. it isn’t. especially when every character is doing it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

It looks like Sheridan dumped The Last Cowboy off on CMT. Wise choice Paramount.

The cutting horse/ quarter horse stuff is interesting. These are working horses that are essential on ranches like The Yellowstone.

The professional reining circuit stuff is not. It’s up there with dressage as stupid shit rich people spend immense fortunes on. 

I think Sheridan is trying to introduce horse business as important income stream for The Yellowstone to explain how John is going to turn the ranch around/obtain money needed to fight his enemies. 

John’s vision right. The real money is in horses. 

3 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Wut?

also, yall do know why the Jimmy plot is being dragged out right? Jfc u guys

I'm admittedly slow on all things Taylor Sheridan. I just realized Mayor of Kingstown was a Taylor Sheridan production as well. So they're filming the Yellowstone prequel series 1883 in and around Fort Worth. There's also another spinoff about the 6666 Ranch coming? And it's not going to be on Paramount? It's going to CMT? Jimmy is going to be a major character on that show?

Looks like 6666 doesnt yet have much info on it. Sheridans 1883 comes out next month. Mayor of Kingstown is already out. Ratings for both Yellowstone and Mayor have been great this season.

Also, it was announced Sheridan is doing a show for Paramount filmed in and based on the Texas oil industry… name: Land Man

It feels like Sheridan is spread a little thin, but he’s still a young guy. He should be able to get to all of his TV projects and make movies. 

The Land Man show will be fascinating. The portrayals of the O&G business haven’t been kind recently. I’m glad a native Texan is taking it on. I enjoyed the Texas Monthly podcast it’s based on. Boomtown gave all parties a fair shake. That said, it’s Sheridan so I wouldn’t put it past him to have company men sicarios and landmen dropping difficult land owners off at the train station. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

43 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I just realized Mayor of Kingstown was a Taylor Sheridan production as well.

jesus, seriously?  they've been hitting everyone over the head with it during every episode of yellowstone.

29 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Mayor of Kingstown is already out. Ratings for both Yellowstone and Mayor have been great this season.

not sure about the ratings for kingstown, as it's airing on paramount+ (besides the disguised "sneak preview" episodes they roll out after episodes of yellowstone).  i haven't started it yet but the reviews are...not great.  it's not a cheap show to make, so it'll be interesting to see if it translates to paramount+, which has been lagging behind many of the other streamers.  in fact, i think it's the only major one we don't have.  just never been a big cbs guy.

Edited by henrygandorf

1 hour ago, utxmike05 said:

Agree w above I think Beth for once is going to end up as not the wittiest/smartest person in the business room.  Old lady went toe to toe, she isn't scared.

I would've liked to have seen the scene of a younger Beth dry humping the attorney's girlfriend. 

• Hook 'Em 2

When Taylor Sheridan drops off Jimmy at the 6666 Ranch, Jimmy says “You’re not staying?” Sheridan replies no, that he has to drop some horses off at The Yellowstone and then head over to Fort Worth.

That doesn’t make any sense geographically. Sure, it’s physically possible that he drove from Montana to Texas, then immediately back to Montana, then back to Texas. It was just weird the way the line was delivered as if these are just a couple of quick stops. For a fictional show with entirely fictional dialogue, there are occasional times that lines don’t make sense when it would’ve been easy to write something that does make sense.

• Haha 1

Another example of that would be the girl at the bar ordering a “skinny margarita with Tito’s.” No one puts vodka in a margarita.

If the point was to give Tito’s a quick shoutout for advertising purposes, which obviously Tito’s has paid for some mentions this season, then pick one of the hundreds of drinks that a reasonable person would actually make with vodka. Putting their product in a margarita isn’t a great look.

If the point was to make the girl look dumb or basic, then let her order a hard seltzer or rosé or whatever. Or a vodka soda if you wish to rep Tito’s.

Having her obviously botch a drink order just makes the writers look dumb and careless.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

all of this. he should get 45 seconds per season to montage that shit. featuring it every episode (especially droning on about $$ figures) is extremely tiresome and wrecks the tone of the show. 

he also thinks that characters being mean is the same as them sounding cool and confident. it isn’t. especially when every character is doing it. 

all of this also.  just thinking that there are people out there that think the horse shit is super cool and want to be like these people makes me ragey.

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

all of this also.  just thinking that there are people out there that think the horse shit is super cool and want to be like these people makes me ragey.

also, thru the lens of tv development and production, the reality is that those people into the horse stuff are already fucking watching.  they have those viewers.  my wife thinks this show is dynasty (the new one) on a ranch, and that's why she watches it.  when they do horse tricks, she gets on her phone.

back in s2 when they slipped in a 5 min "promo" for his new cowboy show, it was ridiculous, but it served a purpose.  it was right before that show premiered and they did it once.  i don't know what the fuck this happy horseshit is.

see what i did?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

When Taylor Sheridan drops off Jimmy at the 6666 Ranch, Jimmy says “You’re not staying?” Sheridan replies no, that he has to drop some horses off at The Yellowstone and then head over to Fort Worth.

That doesn’t make any sense geographically. Sure, it’s physically possible that he drove from Montana to Texas, then immediately back to Montana, then back to Texas. It was just weird the way the line was delivered as if these are just a couple of quick stops. For a fictional show with entirely fictional dialogue, there are occasional times that lines don’t make sense when it would’ve been easy to write something that does make sense.

That is totally plausible. You have no idea the empty miles rodeo ppl run just to move horses. Taylor is venturing into ground that's barely been scratched.

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

yeah, that's why he bought a $375,000 truck and a $650,000 trailer so he could transport $4.2mm in horses while wearing $200 jeans.

That unreal shit actually happens. I guarantee you they'll have some scenes shot in Decatur at NRH. 

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

Check out the horse show parking lot at Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. A million dollar rig would be in the low rent section. 

i was really just making fun of his little speech he made when jimmy offered to drive.

i've spent little time around these people.  but i have spent a lot of time around cdl bus drivers.  there are unsettling similarities.

Another example of that would be the girl at the bar ordering a “skinny margarita with Tito’s.” No one puts vodka in a margarita.

If the point was to give Tito’s a quick shoutout for advertising purposes, which obviously Tito’s has paid for some mentions this season, then pick one of the hundreds of drinks that a reasonable person would actually make with vodka. Putting their product in a margarita isn’t a great look.

If the point was to make the girl look dumb or basic, then let her order a hard seltzer or rosé or whatever. Or a vodka soda if you wish to rep Tito’s.

Having her obviously botch a drink order just makes the writers look dumb and careless.

https://www.titosvodka.com/recipes/vodka-drinks/titorita/

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

've spent little time around these people.  but i have spent a lot of time around cdl bus drivers.  there are unsettling similarities.

The difference is Taylor has spent more than a little time around these assholes and speaks their language.