Yellowstone

RPM

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

they used to have the best carhartt jacket selection 

Found a chain in Colorado (Murdoch's) about 5 years ago that blows TSC away. It's like Tractor Supply and HEB had a weekend hookup baby.

Edited by RPM
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, veritas aequitas said:

Buster Welch, he and Bill Freeman hold nearly all the cutting horse records

I know Buster well.  He is a great man.  I and some friends leased his ranch in Scurry and Fisher counties -- in between Rotan and Snyder -- for many years.  I would often stop off at his house and visit with him and listen to his stories.  He is absolutely a legend.  Got off his place about ten years ago as I ran out of time to go back and forth between there and our place in South Texas.  But I loved hunting there since it had WT and Mule Deer.  And was just really neat country near the double fork of the Brazos.  Had all sorts of ravines, mesas and caves.  And was 12,000 acres.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

I know Buster well.  He is a great man.  I and some friends leased his ranch in Scurry and Fisher counties -- in between Rotan and Snyder -- for many years.  I would often stop off at his house and visit with him and listen to his stories.  He is absolutely a legend.  Got off his place about ten years ago as I ran out of time to go back and forth between there and our place in South Texas.  But I loved hunting there since it had WT and Mule Deer.  And was just really neat country near the double fork of the Brazos.  Had all sorts of ravines, mesas and caves.  And was 12,000 acres.

That wasn't necessarily a subtle one, but that's how it's done.....

and I'm jealous as hell, lol

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

And I'm still unclear on why 1) Lloyd and Rip hate Walker so much and 2) what Lloyd did to deserve a trip to the train station (if he had not done so much for Rip and John).

if i recall correctly (and i may not)...

1) Walker wasn't about murdering someone (i can't remember who) on behalf of the Y after he got branded and he just wanted to hit the road  and that alone bought his ticket for the train per Y rules, but whoever took him to the station took pity on him and let him go instead...and he turned back up at the Yellowstone. 

2) Lloyd started a fight in the bunkhouse with Walker ostensibly bc the blonde that used to fuck him now fucks Walker (see post #1363) ...and apparently fighting in the bunkhouse carries a sentence of murder. but i think Lloyd is also the one that was supposed to take Walker to the train right? and Rip's been pissed about that ever since.  that also puts a little more depth into why Lloyd's so pissed that Walker took his girl i guess.

it's all very complicated. and ridiculous. i can't stop watching 😄

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Nole-4-Life said:

I love the show and I'm not a prude by a long shot but damn they beat the word FUCK into the ground. I've worked and lived in some rough situations and never heard it used to much. At this point it's just for shock value, I guess, but it's offputting.

That and Mayor Of Kingstown too.

Never been in the military hVe ya :)

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, mchookem said:

1) Walker wasn't about murdering someone (i can't remember who) on behalf of the Y after he got branded and he just wanted to hit the road  and that alone bought his ticket for the train per Y rules, but whoever took him to the station took pity on him and let him go instead...and he turned back up at the Yellowstone. 

2) Lloyd started a fight in the bunkhouse with Walker ostensibly bc the blonde that used to fuck him now fucks Walker (see post #1363) ...and apparently fighting in the bunkhouse carries a sentence of murder. but i think Lloyd is also the one that was supposed to take Walker to the train right? and Rip's been pissed about that ever since.  that also puts a little more depth into why Lloyd's so pissed that Walker took his girl i guess.

Kayce cut Walker loose. 

I'm not sure fighting in the bunkhouse is punishable by death. It seems extreme for something that probably happens a lot. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, mchookem said:

Thanks. I forgot about Lloyd and the buckle bunny (I have a genetic defect where I cannot remember movies / TV shows at all). Agree with bill ... fighting seems like would be pretty regular and hardly an offense worthy of taking the train, but ... 

2 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Thanks. I forgot about Lloyd and the buckle bunny (I have a genetic defect where I cannot remember movies / TV shows at all). Agree with bill ... fighting seems like would be pretty regular and hardly an offense worthy of taking the train, but ... 

I don't believe Lloyd was fucking her. I could be wrong, but wasn't he just carrying all of her shit around in the friendzone? 

29 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Kayce cut Walker loose. 

oh yeah! i forgot it was Kayce. who seems to be the only one with a halfway decent moral compass. despite killing like half a dozen people in the first three episodes lol.

so i think Lloyd is pissed about that (Walker skipping the train), him having the balls to come back, the fact that John and by extension Rip gave him a reprieve,  and for taking his girl. 

I'm not sure fighting in the bunkhouse is punishable by death. It seems extreme for something that probably happens a lot. 

forget it, Bill, it's Yellowstone 😄

Edited by mchookem

19 hours ago, mchookem said:

it's been a while...do we know the backstory on Jamie's wife/baby?? if so i forgot... that seemed out of left field but he didn't seem surprised in the slightest

Every season (and week) my wife asks...what happened to that girl Jaime got pregnant?  My mom asked the same thing over Thanksgiving....well, last night they got their answer. 

Jaime was dating her when he was running for office (dont recall the position)...she was his campaign manager I think.  beth embarrassed him by taking his company car and CCs in front of her.  She rolled out when preggo saying she Jaime had to chose between the Duttons or her+baby.  She drove off...

Edited by utxmike05

Did they ever explain why the two buckle bunnies got to permanently stay on the ranch? 

Rip is kind of a dick...too many rules. No Fun Bunkhouse.  Lloyd is an OG and John is right...need to realize the punishment is way bigger than the crime for who he is.  

Cowboying seems like it sucks, but much much much respect for that work they do.  I will continue to support by wearing western boots to the office.

2) Lloyd started a fight in the bunkhouse with Walker ostensibly bc the blonde that used to fuck him now fucks Walker

Was Lloyd actually hooking up with her? He’s in his 60s, presumably not rich, and she looks 25 and is attractive. Them hooking up makes about as much sense as the Dutton’s business/legal nemesis giving Beth majority shares of Schwartz and Meyer, which is to say it makes no sense at all.

I love the show and I'm not a prude by a long shot but damn they beat the word FUCK into the ground. I've worked and lived in some rough situations and never heard it used to much. At this point it's just for shock value, I guess, but it's offputting.
You could come to my house. We use it more.
  • Haha 2

Fucking Spaulding name dropping. Of course.
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I get it. Rip is a tough guy and Beth is a bitch. Let’s move on. 

Are they still mad at the kid for wanting to try on a shirt, or is it something else now? I've completely forgot/lost all interest.

Show would be dramatically improved with 100% less Beth.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, mchookem said:

I've been wondering about the riff between them as well, but Casey (the boss now) took Walker to the train station, which should have gotten Loyd off the hook ? 

8 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
On 11/29/2021 at 8:17 AM, Nole-4-Life said:

You could come to my house. We use it more.

Lots of people do...my stepson and his family use it like any other word. Just seems like overkill to me the way they do it on these two shows. 

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Are they still mad at the kid for wanting to try on a shirt, or is it something else now? I've completely forgot/lost all interest.

Show would be dramatically improved with 100% less Beth.

No shit, the kid isn't that big of an asshole.  Was John this hard on Rip and this is how Rip sees it needs to be...?  Kid sleeps in stable now..

And what's up w John calling the kid handsome/cute lol.  I get his point, but random.  This kid is getting all kinds of random Dutton Ranch lessons lol

I just want Beth to handle a conversation without her monologues and analogies...and show more boobs (even if they might have scars now).

1 hour ago, Nole-4-Life said:

No. And neither of these shows are military.

Doesn’t have to be. The work is the same. It’s thankless shit work that only a very select few will ever experience accomplished by a special breed of folk. Folks that don’t complain that fuck is used to much.  When you step down out of the ivory tower and get into the suck with us you’ll see the word fuck is as common as hey you. But instead we say hey fuck head come here let me help you unfuck yourself 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Doesn’t have to be. The work is the same. It’s thankless shit work that only a very select few will ever experience accomplished by a special breed of folk. Folks that don’t complain that fuck is used to much.  When you step down out of the ivory tower and get into the suck with us you’ll see the word fuck is as common as hey you. But instead we say hey fuck head come here let me help you unfuck yourself 

I mean really.... just being neighborly...right ?

10 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Was Lloyd actually hooking up with her? He’s in his 60s, presumably not rich, and she looks 25 and is attractive. Them hooking up makes about as much sense as the Dutton’s business/legal nemesis giving Beth majority shares of Schwartz and Meyer, which is to say it makes no sense at all.

I don't believe so. Like I said, she put him in the friendzone and used him to lug all her barrel racing shit around. 

16 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Term of endearment really. If you’re called by your name you’re in deep shit. If you’re called a fuck head. We like ya even if you’re a fuck head 

Yep, if people aren't fucking with you a little, and calling you names, chances are they don't like you enough to fuck with you, and call you names.

Edited by Onboard 2.0