Yellowstone

RPM

3 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

gotta hand it to the writers.

Its like every fucking thing that has gone wrong in Montana in the last 10 years, was able to be written into the last 2 episodes. 

i thought the fence post through both sides of the bullet proof vest was an especially nice touch

This ep was written by Taylor. If nothing else, he will saturate you with local detail.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 9:14 AM, TXLNGHRN10 said:

I'm really liking Ryan Bingham's character.  I hope they don't kill him off

Fuck you Jimmy

The music in this series is bad-ass. Whiskey Myers and Bingham. Nice. I read that Whiskey Myers saw an increase in iTunes sales recently tied to this show.

On August 19, 2018 at 9:19 AM, RD3 said:

I have really enjoyed this series but I know it's funner to pick apart the weaknesses...  

All this shit ain't based on real life events?

Anyway, it's nearly football time. 

Is the show picked up for next year?

Two more episodes, correct?

Edited by EastTexan

On 8/19/2018 at 9:19 AM, RD3 said:

I have really enjoyed this series but I know it's funner to pick apart the weaknesses...  

The show is a bad guilty pleasure. I will keep watching, until the 'series of unfortunate events in Montana" becomes too much. I enjoy the scenery- both the actual scenery and Kelly Reilly running around naked. 

but the storyline is crazy.  

There have only been 7 episodes so far, and the head honcho's son has already straight up coup de grace'd both his Brother in Law,  AND a methlab cooker, he's also killed (and mutilated the bodies) of 2 kidnapping pederast rapists.

Meanwhile the head cowboy has ordered the murder of a worker cowboy (fulfilled by his 2nd in command), purposely gone out to fuck with a grizzly bear, and dispatched said bear after a bizarre turn of events where 2 chinese tourists are hanging off the fucking cliff, and both end up falling 300 feet onto rocks below.

and dont even get me started on the whole "rerouting a river" storyline.

I mean hell, at least in Justified, Raylan Givens was just notching a body count because the storyline dictated it.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 7:34 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

The show is a bad guilty pleasure. I will keep watching, until the 'series of unfortunate events in Montana" becomes too much. I enjoy the scenery- both the actual scenery and Kelly Reilly running around naked. 

There have only been 7 episodes so far, and the head honcho's son has already straight up coup de grace'd both his Brother in Law,  AND a methlab cooker, he's also killed (and mutilated the bodies) of 2 kidnapping pederast rapists.

Meanwhile the head cowboy has ordered the murder of a worker cowboy (fulfilled by his 2nd in command), purposely gone out to fuck with a grizzly bear, and dispatched said bear after a bizarre turn of events where 2 chinese tourists are hanging off the fucking cliff, and both end up falling 300 feet onto rocks below.

I mean hell, at least in Justified, Raylan Givens was just notching a body count because the storyline dictated it.

You forgot that the patriarch got cancer too.

Question... what is the income stream for the Dutton family? Cattle ranching? Is that enough to keep up a place like that?  I know that part of the story is the Indian dude wants to raise property taxes so he can't afford it.

my guess is a combination of inherited money from previous timber sales, along with ranching, both horse and cattle sales.   I would guess that they captured a lot of wild horses over the years and sold them.   although  probably 95% of their net worth is tied up in the land. 

On 8/22/2018 at 11:59 PM, SpiralOut said:

"My brand's on the inside."

/facepalm

This show rivals All My Children and General Hospital in the dialogue department.

For as much as a tough chick as she claims to be, she's emo as fuck.

12 hours ago, RD3 said:

Question... what is the income stream for the Dutton family? Cattle ranching? Is that enough to keep up a place like that?  I know that part of the story is the Indian dude wants to raise property taxes so he can't afford it.

maybe they sell rivers...

On 8/19/2018 at 9:19 AM, RD3 said:

I keep coming back, but damn there is some ridiculous plot issues.I like kacye's truck and am thinking about buying this one.

00W0W_jWSCLs3hrIJ_1200x900.jpg

On 8/21/2018 at 7:34 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

Don't forget about Rip murdering the medical examiner and burning down his office

16 hours ago, TXLNGHRN10 said:

I foresee Walker fucking Beth, RIP killing Walker and Kacee fucking the new injun stripper girl

so Kacee's done killin?

LOLz...  No way.

• 2 months later...

I finally got around to binge watching this show. I really wanted to like it and it seems like it has solid ingredients, but it fell pretty flat for me.

The plot is convoluted and ridiculous, starting with the idea of moving a river that set some of the other real estate battles in place. Or the branding of cowboys' chests, or the pole through that female agent's abdomen, or the helicopter that zips all over the place, or the dinosaur bones, or Monica getting knocked out cold and never going to the hospital, or the swapping of pistol slides, or the Asian tourists dangling from a ledge, or the countless actual murders that never get investigated, or....

The most difficult part of this show is that I've grown to hate most of the characters:

John - Greedy, self-indulgent, old white man rancher who expects the entire state of Montana to bow down to him, especially his own children. Shitty father from the sounds of it, then he pouts when his kids don't show up to support him at fancy dinners or his family dinner table. One kid is dead, two kids are essentially estranged, and his daughter is an alcoholic who acts like an irritable teenager. To top it all off, he has GI cancer and had a secret colectomy that no one knew about (roll eyes) and now he is vomiting blood but still outside acting like a hard ass and cleaning stables.

Kayce - I figured we were supposed to like him as the kid that blazed his own path, then he kept fucking things up at every turn. Killed his BIL and lied to everyone over something that may have been justified self defense. Killed some rapists and buried the bodies, then got caught. Sucker punches people left and right. Sucks at his job, whatever that is supposed to be. Sucks as a father and a husband. Has major daddy issues but can't provide for his family apart from his dad. Finally kills the real estate guy to round out the season. Can't root for him.

Beth - First of all, Kelly Reilly isn't exactly hot. She has boobs and that's it. I wouldn't watch a show on account of her. She has a sultry personality that was appealing at first and quickly grew annoying as her alcoholism raged uncontrolled. Her only skill is being a cunt to everyone she comes in contact with, except for John. Also, I'm sick of hearing a 41 year old woman call her father daddy every 5 minutes. 

Jamie - He's unlikable, but I kinda like him by default because he's the only one lined up against the rest of his fucked up family. Regardless, he's a pussy and he will probably crumble in season 2.

The most likable characters for me are Monica and Ryan Bingham, but they are minor characters thus far and don't have a major position to represent.

I'm probably out on season 2 unless there's a terrible void of quality shows around that time.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/14/2018 at 10:37 PM, wild_turkey said:

I finally got around to binge watching this show. I really wanted to like it and it seems like it has solid ingredients, but it fell pretty flat for me.

The plot is convoluted and ridiculous, starting with the idea of moving a river that set some of the other real estate battles in place. Or the branding of cowboys' chests, or the pole through that female agent's abdomen, or the helicopter that zips all over the place, or the dinosaur bones, or Monica getting knocked out cold and never going to the hospital, or the swapping of pistol slides, or the Asian tourists dangling from a ledge, or the countless actual murders that never get investigated, or....

The most difficult part of this show is that I've grown to hate most of the characters:

John - Greedy, self-indulgent, old white man rancher who expects the entire state of Montana to bow down to him, especially his own children. Shitty father from the sounds of it, then he pouts when his kids don't show up to support him at fancy dinners or his family dinner table. One kid is dead, two kids are essentially estranged, and his daughter is an alcoholic who acts like an irritable teenager. To top it all off, he has GI cancer and had a secret colectomy that no one knew about (roll eyes) and now he is vomiting blood but still outside acting like a hard ass and cleaning stables.

Kayce - I figured we were supposed to like him as the kid that blazed his own path, then he kept fucking things up at every turn. Killed his BIL and lied to everyone over something that may have been justified self defense. Killed some rapists and buried the bodies, then got caught. Sucker punches people left and right. Sucks at his job, whatever that is supposed to be. Sucks as a father and a husband. Has major daddy issues but can't provide for his family apart from his dad. Finally kills the real estate guy to round out the season. Can't root for him.

Beth - First of all, Kelly Reilly isn't exactly hot. She has boobs and that's it. I wouldn't watch a show on account of her. She has a sultry personality that was appealing at first and quickly grew annoying as her alcoholism raged uncontrolled. Her only skill is being a cunt to everyone she comes in contact with, except for John. Also, I'm sick of hearing a 41 year old woman call her father daddy every 5 minutes. 

Jamie - He's unlikable, but I kinda like him by default because he's the only one lined up against the rest of his fucked up family. Regardless, he's a pussy and he will probably crumble in season 2.

The most likable characters for me are Monica and Ryan Bingham, but they are minor characters thus far and don't have a major position to represent.

I'm probably out on season 2 unless there's a terrible void of quality shows around that time.

branding happens on some ranches.  liam neeson’s wife died the same way monica got hurt, and I don’t think she went to the hospital.   having a helicopter to zip around in is pretty normal if you have the means and the necessity; jerry jones flies a fucking chinook around the metroplex every day.  dinosaur bones exist in montana.  asian tourists love national parks.  murders often don’t get properly investigated on indian reservations.

john and kayce are flawed but they are both badasses and fucking awesome and easy to root for, as they are the kind of old-school heroes, forged of a hotter fire, that built this great country.  monica is only likable if she is on camera and you have the television muted.  I more or less agree with you on beth, jamie, and ryan bingham.  and agree that the show ultimately failed to deliver. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...