TexMex

Smax

18 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I haven’t been since they moved to the new location.  So is it still just as good?

all the same cooks and staff

they gave me double rice for no reason, brought me a plate of refried beans on the side 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2023 at 9:06 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

A waiter there told me to go try El Hidalguense on Longpoint. Haven’t had the chance yet. Anyone been there?

I go about once a quarter.  I like it but it isn’t Teo good.  however it’s more convenient for me as I ride my bike up and down long point for lunch.   Not Tex mex, more gente 

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Don Carlos on 76th, deep in the 2nd ward hood. $14, 3 cheese enchiladas. Don’t be shocked if a dj is rocking the place. Excellent bar 

IMG_6518.jpeg

My dad loves this place. I usually get the carne guisada plate with queso flameado con chorizo as an app, but those enchiladas look great. Think I'll get that next time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Less than 10 minutes from Soto’s

I need to go give Soto’s another try. Been there a couple of times and just wasn’t that impressed. My usual measuring sticks are Teotihuacan and Lopez.
Less than 10 minutes from Soto’s

I need to go give Soto’s another try. Been there a couple of times and just wasn’t that impressed. My usual measuring sticks are Teotihuacan and Lopez.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yesterday I tried La Lupita off Pinemont. It was pretty solid. The barbacoa wasn’t as good as Gerardo’s but it was still good. I have also had better Al Pastor, but again, was still good. The choriqueso was greasy and awesome.

Taco de bistec, Al Pastor, barbacoa:

18e1cc51206c1db10903c790582d041e.jpg

Choriqueso

0ffae3a3a0994eb3816a63261f3b5db3.jpg

Oh! Hey! It’s Mr. I’m Cutting Back! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Staggered over to Tacos El Bigotes yesterday.  Got three quesabirria and a trompo all the way.   Very tasty.   It was very crowded.  The guy making the birria tacos was pumping them out quick.  The corn tortilla could have been crisper and the cheese spilling out at the edges needed to be carmelized a bit more.  Maybe at a slower hour  the tacos could have had  a chance to set up right.   Anyhow, it was good. 

IMG_0281.jpeg

IMG_0282.jpeg

IMG_0283.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1