Funniest movie of the last five years. Go.

Red Five

On 6/21/2018 at 12:40 PM, Sbbruin said:

And would be at the top of my list if we were talking about the last 10 years.  My son and I quote it almost daily (which my wife hates and can't believe I let him watch when he was 12).  He bought me this shirt, which I am going to be wearing on my sail out to Catalina tomorrow.

Do you & your son take shits with the door open? Talk about pussy? Go on riverboat gambling trips together?

On 6/21/2018 at 4:28 PM, henrygandorf said:

to me the bigger issue is the total absence of the action comedy.  beverly hills cop perfected this and plenty after it did well (even fletch is sorta like this), all up until what, the first bad boys?  as far as cop movies go, the other guys was pretty funny.  if comedic actors like eddie murphy get cast in action, that's great.  that's what deadpool is essentially.  when the rock is in 2/3 action movies, well, he ain't funny.

I would say that Nice Guys is more like Beverly Hills Cop.

On 6/22/2018 at 8:56 AM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Also, I don't think I've seen The Lego Movie mentioned. Maybe because it is an action adventure "kids" animated movie, but it is pretty funny.

Once again, Will Ferrell.  :)

I think Lego Batman was hilarious as well.

On 6/22/2018 at 9:59 PM, atomheartbevo said:

I wonder if part of the problem with a lack of good movies, is the comedic types like Key & Peele blow their wad on cable TV or YouTube (Funny or Die, etc.), or romcoms are considered safer. 

It's a lot easier to do a hilarious 15min bit than stretch that bit into a 90min movie.

On 6/21/2018 at 2:39 PM, PRONG HORN said:

Maybe comedies took a turn for the worse when the people who buy tickets (youth) were no longer laughing at what used to be funny.  

giphy.gif

Edited by RD3

On 6/21/2018 at 3:15 PM, tantric superman said:

I haven't seen Death of Stalin, but I'll go with Death of Stalin based only on how much I liked In the Loop and much of Veep.

I've watched it twice.  2nd time it was way funnier.  As a matter of fact this may be the funniest thing I've ever seen.  This is mind kind of comedy.

On 6/28/2018 at 2:24 PM, Dbeasy said:

Get Hard was terrible the first time through but was funny the second time. And Alison Brie.

get hard is awesome.  need to be in the right mindset though, open to completely ridiculous and stupid shit.  if so, it’s laugh out loud funny.  

and alison brie. 

• 4 weeks later...