Machinator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

De7rPWUUYAAYqll.jpg

a) he came in 12th out of 24

b) Your own fucking mod Perroni thinks Johnson is criminally underrated

I saw the post where he came in 12th, but I'm not sure that is true. I later saw that a list of 12 QBs were going to the elite 11 Finals, and he wasn't on that list. 

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

De7rPWUUYAAYqll.jpg

I think it was more like 13th or 14th. Either way it's a dumb take because Roschon was never going to be a star in these settings.

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

De7rPWUUYAAYqll.jpg

Also, leave it to the gomers to let a QB that's never considered them and they'll never have to play live inside their heads. 

• Like 1

More interesting than Roschon finishing 13th (unless they just tell everyone who doesn't make it that they were the last one cut) is Gunnell being arguably the worst QB there, considering the only one who looked worse was Isaiah Williams, who won't play QB in college 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fud said:

More interesting than Roschon finishing 13th (unless they just tell everyone who doesn't make it that they were the last one cut) is Gunnell being arguably the worst QB there, considering the only one who looked worse was Isaiah Williams, who won't play QB in college 

Agreed. Esp since that setting is one that Gunnell should dominate. Stuff like that always makes me worry about injury and/or fatigue.

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Agreed. Esp since that setting is one that Gunnell should dominate. Stuff like that always makes me worry about injury and/or fatigue.

I mean, Roschon hasn't done 7 on 7 all spring other than what they make you do at camps, while Gunnell has gone to several national tournaments and a bunch of local ones; he should have shined. Really weird. 

I can't figure Gunnell out. It seems like teams have been passing on him rather quickly. tOSU showed interest for a bit there but then seemed to move on quickly. Jimbo didn't exactly make him a huge priority and I still can't tell how hard aggy is recruiting him. His final teams have been schools like Arizona, Arkasnas, and Oklahoma State.  Is it that him and his father are self-selecting away from schools like tOSU due to depth chart or other reasons or is it the school passing on him?  A guy with his rating and pedigree should have more legit schools recruiting him hard. Is it that the schools just don't think he's that good or is stuff from his camp?

11 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I can't figure Gunnell out. It seems like teams have been passing on him rather quickly. tOSU showed interest for a bit there but then seemed to move on quickly. Jimbo didn't exactly make him a huge priority and I still can't tell how hard aggy is recruiting him. His final teams have been schools like Arizona, Arkasnas, and Oklahoma State.  Is it that him and his father are self-selecting away from schools like tOSU due to depth chart or other reasons or is it the school passing on him?  A guy with his rating and pedigree should have more legit schools recruiting him hard. Is it that the schools just don't think he's that good or is stuff from his camp?

I don't think tOSU passed on him; they thought they had him in the bag and was due to commit in a couple of months, and then all of a sudden Arizona was the favorite. 

I think LSU, tOSU, and maybe A&M really do want him; he's a good QB prospect in a weak year. tOSU might have moved on after the mixed signals, but he circled back, I bet they'd take him. LSU will continue to recruit him hard despite telling their 2020 guy that they aren't taking a 2019 QB, imo. No idea about A&M, maybe Jimbo doesn't want to deal with his helicopter dad. It's odd that Arkansas never was a factor. 

Early on I surmised that he'd go where the depth chart had the clearest avenue towards starting, because that would seem to make sense with a helicopter dad in-tow. Arizona appears to be the winner, although I still can't believe A&M isn't going to land him. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I'm aware. Pretty sure TPC Scottsdale doesn't look like that. Just curious why you'd upkeep real grass without a good sprinkler system...unless field turf would be too hot.

Also, this is Texas. We're a bunch of Hank Hill lawn manicuring sons of bitches.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Roschon Johnson ended up with over 350 yards of total offense and 5 TD’s against Silsbee.

Is 5 TD’s good? 

So what exactly is keeping him from being a high ranked four star again? His competition? Throwing mechanics?

He certainly has the size, the speed and the production of a.96 rated qb but is ranked crazy by two of the three sites *shrugs*

I ask this question but will throw in the obligatory "it don't make a shit" as well. 

42 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

So what exactly is keeping him from being a high ranked four star again? His competition? Throwing mechanics?

He certainly has the size, the speed and the production of a.96 rated qb but is ranked crazy by two of the three sites *shrugs*

I ask this question but will throw in the obligatory "it don't make a shit" as well. 

His stats against decent competition are absurd, he had a quality showing at the Elite 11 despite being a running QB, and even Brian Perroni thinks he's wildly underrated. It's weird.

58 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

One reason is that he committed to Texas early and shutdown his recruitment and doesn't really interact with the recruiting services much and thus doesn't drive clicks. If he was a massive recruiting battle between Texas, OSU, Bama and Georgia as well going to camps and doing interviews he would be ranked where he belongs.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 12:21 AM, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Roschon may have to step in and start next year. It's fucking incredible this team doesn't  have a single top 30 qb. I guess I'm jumping the gun on the 2 freshman, but I have little faith these days.

Great post, Texas State Bobcats Guy.