wc day 9 :: all aboard the Strákarnir Okkar express

Hagbard Celine

Brazil bra.png&h=50v crc.png&h=50Costa Rica 7:00 AM FOXS1  
Nigeria nga.png&h=50v isl.png&h=50Iceland 10:00 AM FOX  
Serbia sba.png&h=50v sui.png&h=50Switzerland 1:00 PM FOX

I'm still processing what happened this afternoon.  The hard reality is: Iceland control their own destiny and could even win this group.

I guess Leicester's prem win was a signal of a shift in the higgs boson superstring soccer gawdz luck plane or some shit.

This tournament is officially B-A-N-A-N-A-S-!

/full gwen

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Hopefully Switzerland can get a win. Serbia is an underrated team that plays a similar style to the Swiss, so I expect either a low scoring draw or a 1-0 Swiss win.

Should be a pretty good match and hotly contested. Serbia won't go down without a fight.

9 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Vamooooooooooos Brasil!

Sucks it’s on at 7am though. Have to prepare for a meeting that is right after the game. Hope I can catch some of it. They need to get their shit together.

Need Iceland to play tough again.

Vamos Ticos, señor.

Vamos Ticos, señor.

Vai toma no cu!

What’s funny is my dad is half Costa Rican and half Brazilian. He was born in CR then live in Brazil for several years. He has always cheered for Brazil (which he passed on to his sons). Too bad it’s on a Friday, would be a great game to catch with the whole family.

5 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Vai toma no cu!

What’s funny is my dad is half Costa Rican and half Brazilian. He was born in CR then live in Brazil for several years. He has always cheered for Brazil (which he passed on to his sons). Too bad it’s on a Friday, would be a great game to catch with the whole family.

Google translates this for me as "Go take your ass!" which I'll assume to be some sort of Brazilian insult :)

I'm sure Brazil will get a win here, but I love rooting for underdogs in this tournament and there is almost no bigger upset potential than Costa Rica over Brazil.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Vamooooooooooos Brasil!

Sucks it’s on at 7am though. Have to prepare for a meeting that is right after the game. Hope I can catch some of it. They need to get their shit together.

Need Iceland to play tough again.

6am Mountain Time

I basically have been skipping the early games. I "tape"* them, but usually don't watch the "tape".

*I think that I may be dating myself by calling the action of recording a show as "taping" it.

6am Mountain Time I basically have been skipping the early games. I "tape"* them, but usually don't watch the "tape".

*I think that I may be dating myself by calling the action of recording a show as "taping" it.

I am 41. I get it. Also, because my dad taped the Brazil vs France game in 86, and Brazil lost, no one in our family is allowed to record Brazil (or UT) games anymore.

Minhas filhas estão prontas.

7pb9XgrK_o.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I am 41. I get it. Also, because my dad taped the Brazil vs France game in 86, and Brazil lost, no one in our family is allowed to record Brazil (or UT) games anymore.

Minhas filhas estão prontas.

I am sure that, at least, was a solace last time vs Germany..... no tapes or hard drives to burn

that should have been a yellow card on Brazil for simulation in the box.  fucker was purposely trying to get a penalty called in the box.

seriously this shit has to stop.  and the only way is to actually implement the damn suspensions in the next game rule thats already on the books.

Just now, SpiralOut said:

Someone pray for this Costa Rican keeper. 

why?

no matter how bad it looks, hes doing his job and keeping the ball out of the net, and keeping the rebounds close enough to grab.... which is more than we can say of the Argentinian keeper

• Like 1

I only meant pray for him because he's under constant bombardment and is going to need some divine intervention if this keeps up.  He's been doing great so far.  But he needs his team to keep the ball on the other half for a bit.

Edited by SpiralOut