wc day 9 :: all aboard the Strákarnir Okkar express

Hagbard Celine

Brazil was the better team, but their fucking flopping and simulations are what fucks up this game.

Why the fuck on the VAR review did Neymar not get a fucking yellow from the ref?   

you bought his bullshit and called a foul in the penalty box, which means you were about to award a PK, which at the time could have meant the game winner.... and you reviewed it, saw Neymar was more interested in falling down trying to get the PK, rather than take a shot, and you overturned it.

By every fucking definition thats a yellow for simulation

• Like 3

Tough game for Costa Rica, but, they had a shot and didn't get it done. The rolling on the ground after being shot stuff never gets not funny. 

A serious question, announcers are all given the talking point about Brazil playing the beautiful game, when do you all think was the last time Brazil really played, the beautiful game? I'm not asking that because I hate them or anything. I'm not for them, but they are a power so of course they are worth watching. 

8 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

A serious question, announcers are all given the talking point about Brazil playing the beautiful game, when do you all think was the last time Brazil really played, the beautiful game? I'm not asking that because I hate them or anything. I'm not for them, but they are a power so of course they are worth watching. 

There were moments with Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Rivaldo.  Romario and Bebeto had their moments as well, but I think the traditional thinking is 1986.

Like most of the world, they were always my second favorite team growing up, but the past several iterations have turned me off.

Edited by Kringelbert Fishtybuns

10 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Tough game for Costa Rica, but, they had a shot and didn't get it done. The rolling on the ground after being shot stuff never gets not funny. 

Brazil hasn't been a wow team since the days of Ronaldo and Ronaldinho.  

2 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

The Spanish squad from 2007-2010 was pretty damned beautiful.

Was just going to say that.

Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Carles Puyol, Gerard Pique, Joan Capdevila, Sergio Busquets, Andres Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, David Villa, Fernando Torres

Just now, Bone3421 said:

All the iceland games are...dont get the love for them

They get more out of their talent than anyone in the tournament, and it's because of the style of play. They can't play like Brazil and have admitted as such, because at the end of the day, they would just be a pretty bad version of Brazil.  For a country that has a total population less than half the size of Austin, it's pretty remarkable what they've done. That's where the love comes from.

Personally speaking, I'm partial to Iceland because I love their country and their people. 

4 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Meh....its not hard to park the bus regardless of country size

They had 5 shots (2 on goal) to Nigeria's 0. That's not exactly parking the bus. They're just more tactical with their attacking than most teams.

Parking the bus doesn't get you to the Quarters of Euro 2016. 

1 hour ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

There were moments with Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Rivaldo.  Romario and Bebeto had their moments as well, but I think the traditional thinking is 1986.

Like most of the world, they were always my second favorite team growing up, but the past several iterations have turned me off.

That's about what I was thinking.