General / National Strike?

MaybeACoordinator

9 hours ago, David Dennison said:

People who willingly vote to help the rich are morons.

People who willingly vote to help morons are bigger morons.

Or to quote P.J. O'Rourke....

Wealth is not a pizza, where if I have too many slices you have to eat the Domino's box.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.

Even the most left-wing politicians worship wealth creation - as the political-action-committee collection plate is passed.

• Like 1

I've been in Central America when the people were striking.  They don't fuck around down there.  When they strike, they block roads with mountains of flaming tires.  No access to airports, hospitals or refineries (gas stations run out of gas because trucks can't get through). 

So is this proposed strike a "going Galt" or a "going banana republic"?

48 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I didn’t think there were a ton people in the government willing to carry out orders to kidnap kids, apparently there are plenty.

I wonder what other orders these people would follow.

There are plenty of government types who do the fascists' bidding - Remember the IRS scandal? The FBI agents working against political campaigns to  influence the elections and to help oppress congressional opposition? How about the TSA strip searching & feeling up crippled old women in wheelchairs?

So why would you be surprised that there wouldn't be like-minded government fiends working at the border kidnapping kids and shipping them off to concentration camps to be brainwashed?

There's always an abundant supply of useful idiots no matter what country is involved.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The government is literally kidnapping children now and choosing not to return them.

This is a certificable fact.

How far down this road do we go?  

Their goal the whole time is to get people not to care.  They literally messaged that yesterday.

The only thing certifiable in this quote is you.  One other thing with your stupid concentration camp comparisons.  The Jews weren't trying to get into Germany.  They were trying to get out.  No Jews were getting thrown into concentration camps because they were trying to illegally immigrate into Germany.   Where are all the Hispanic Americans desperately trying to get out of this country that is throwing their brethren into these "concentration camps"? I also missed all the news footage of the German government letting independent journalists and media members tour and film their camps.  

If the United States is kidnapping children why in the hell does everyone from every other country in the world want to immigrate here?  No one was standing in line to immigrate to Germany in WWII,  other than Lee Harvey Oswald no one was immigrating to the U.S.S.R., the more fucked up a country is the less people want to live there and if kidnapping children isn't fucked up then what is?  So now that we have established in your view that the U.S. is fucked up why are millions of people trying to enter it every year?  The answer of course is that you are full of shit with your assertion.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Or is it the communists' bidding? Sorry, but I tend to get those ideologies mixed up.

However, will the upcoming national strikers fly red flags & banners as is the tradition for such worker events? Or will they be blue to keep with current  political color fashion?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I boycott Chick fil a because the food fucking sucks.  

That's some plain-ass shit that only the whitest of white people would like. 

It's horrible. 

My Mexican wife and her family (even her vegetarian sister) all love Chick Fil A, so I'm gonna have to go ahead and say you are wrong.

57 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Lol at slorch thinking “and look how I turned out!” would be a positive towards separating kids and parents.

That isnt the point at all. It is hugo's choice of buzzwords and incendiary vocabulary.  It is deliberate. 

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Here is what I don't understand about a strike...what would you be accomplishing? Just using general numbers off the top of my head, please someone with a deeper understanding correct me where I may be ignorant and wrong:

If 35% of the country actively approves and likes Trump, that leaves 65% of the country. 

If 30% of the middle isn't sufficiently passionate enough to hurt their short term priorities or are poor and not in a position to not work for a hand-to-mouth paycheck...

If 35% of the country are passionate about a strike and will do the needful....

What are we talking about here? 35% of the country striking to try and shut down commerce and day-to-day operations to force some sort of outcome? I guess theoretically that probably works as 35% would be very disruptive.

But are day-to-day critical things going to be affected? I mean, are cops and teachers and delivery/truck drivers anti-trump fans who will truly make it difficult to do day-to-day things? Or will this just mean Professors and Hollywood and Musicians and Starbucks and Unemployed millennial take to the streets and try and disrupt traffic or something?

Just doesn't seem like a realistic outcome this national strike.

The goal would be resignation or Congress remove.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

28 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

This response just further confuses me. So are you saying that this national strike thing is the alt-left's version of the alt-right's BUILD A WALL! Both things being irrational and stupid? Is this strike thing a response to the Build a wall? As in, "well if you are going to be stupid and push for something stupid, we will push for something stupid too! You don't get to have all the ridiculous ideas!"

What I was saying is talking about a strike makes it a tool of leverage.  Trump is using his phony border wall, which he admittedly doesn’t care about, to pressure others to actions.

It’s not only the actual strike that carries the power to create change, it’s the legitimate or perceived threat of a strike that can influences decisions.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What I was saying is talking about a strike makes it a tool of leverage.  Trump is using his phony border wall, which he admittedly doesn’t care about, to pressure others to actions.

It’s not the actual strike that carries the power to create change, it’s the legitimate or perceived threat of a strike that can influences decisions.

Oh, you are certainly a leveraged tool.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

The rich just throw Jesus and protecting babies to the sheep and they get whatever they want. Most people are idiots. 

You don't understand how political power is gained and held by people with very similar value sets overall despite the letter they stick next to their name on the ballot.  Or you just choose to be played by your "team".

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Chick Fil A dominance cannot be denied.

Though here is a hot sports opinion that will call my whiteness and basicness into question: 

I do not enjoy Raising Cane's. I mean, I'll eat it if I must like if the family overrules me and I don't have the energy to fight it, but it's a boring offering and does nothing to excite. Even the sauce is meh.

Chick Fil A is good, but I still boycott. They're dicks.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Little by little, bit by bit...normalized, rationalized.

So on the same path of abortion, only not as horrificly final.  

11 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

That's some plain-ass shit that only the whitest of white people would like.

Counterpoint:

23andMe says I am the whitest of white people, and I think Chik-Fil-A is tasteless plain-ass shit that I do not like.

I think it is kept afloat by social-climbing hexadecaroons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Serious question or maybe I've been living under a rock, but how are they dicks? Everything I see go viral about them are good things, as in they hire down syndrome kids and give them a chance and they train their employees to be polite and say please and thank you and customers love that. Are they assholes for being closed on Sundays due to their Christian roots?

They were accused of supporting anti-gay groups prior to SCOTUS settling the issue of gay marriage. Haven't been back since.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Serious question, speaking of above table business, what part of being an American employee is better than being a French employee?

The chance to get hired at all. Though the Fat Ladies in HR are doing their best to suck all the oxygen out of that in the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Chick Fil A dominance cannot be denied.

Though here is a hot sports opinion that will call my whiteness and basicness into question: 

I do not enjoy Raising Cane's. I mean, I'll eat it if I must like if the family overrules me and I don't have the energy to fight it, but it's a boring offering and does nothing to excite. Even the sauce is meh.

They're building one of those in my neighborhood.  One of the first in CA I'm told. 

3 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Anyway, France is France and has its own ways of accomplishing things, including strikes. Things work or don't work there in ways that may not transfer to the US. I was just mentioning France to be a smart ass.

It's good to find out how things actually work. I envy their cultural attitude toward work. It seems to have resulted in fantastic policies regarding paid vacation and family leave.

Just now, David Dennison said:

It's good to find out how things actually work. I envy their cultural attitude toward work. It seems to have resulted in fantastic policies regarding paid vacation and family leave.

It's a great country. For many things, they are top of the heap.

In their own context, they went from workers in 1920 living like poor people in Mexico City, whole families to a room, and the peasants living like it was still 1820, to everybody getting a shot at the good life via education. It's not touchie-feelie, Frenchie don't play that, but if you're mentally tough, you get your shot. Fuck up, and it's off the the HLM (public housing) to smoke hash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

The only thing certifiable in this quote is you.  One other thing with your stupid concentration camp comparisons.  The Jews weren't trying to get into Germany.  They were trying to get out.  No Jews were getting thrown into concentration camps because they were trying to illegally immigrate into Germany.   Where are all the Hispanic Americans desperately trying to get out of this country that is throwing their brethren into these "concentration camps"? I also missed all the news footage of the German government letting independent journalists and media members tour and film their camps.  

If the United States is kidnapping children why in the hell does everyone from every other country in the world want to immigrate here?  No one was standing in line to immigrate to Germany in WWII,  other than Lee Harvey Oswald no one was immigrating to the U.S.S.R., the more fucked up a country is the less people want to live there and if kidnapping children isn't fucked up then what is?  So now that we have established in your view that the U.S. is fucked up why are millions of people trying to enter it every year?  The answer of course is that you are full of shit with your assertion.

I think you guys would be well suited to distance as far as possible from comparing and contrasting kiddie camps with German concentration camps.

I get what you're doing, but it's a terrible look any time you have to say things like "Look, here's how what we're doing is DIFFERENT from the Nazis...."

28 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You sound lazy and entitled.  

44 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They were accused of supporting anti-gay groups prior to SCOTUS settling the issue of gay marriage. Haven't been back since.

Is being accused sufficient to never patronize again?  That was years ago. I don’t recall the specifics of the brouhaha. Did there end up being substance to it, or was it tilting at a windmill like the target boycott from a decade ago, where the sjw community was up in arms for a week and then the facts came out. 

Did cfla change any policies?  What about non corporate owned stores?  Just being a franchisee is enough to be punished?

as an additional tangent, I’ve noticed that some folks who usually want god kept out of our policy making and loathe Christian conservatives have been envoking jesus’ name when discussing the immigrant child separation issue, especially social media memes. Which I find interesting. 

Please go there and overstay your visa.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

It's what they do every year or so in France.

It has solved all their problems.

They get to sit around drinking wine, smoking and shrugging extravagantly all day every day, and fucking all night, after eating two three hour meals every day. And we don't.