General / National Strike?

MaybeACoordinator

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

They get to sit around drinking wine, smoking and shrugging extravagantly all day every day, and fucking all night, after eating two three hour meals every day. And we don't. 

That is not because they strike. It is because they are French. You, I, and everyone who can read this is Anglo-Saxon. (Yes, I know Mama said you were Irish-Aztec-Guadaloupean, but ze minute you speak ze English to ze French, ben bon, you are Anglo-Saxon.)

Our fate is to wake up early, turn a profit, and go practice with a longbow. You give us a two-hour lunch, we'll pack it full of chores.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

Counterpoint:

23andMe says I am the whitest of white people, and I think Chik-Fil-A is tasteless plain-ass shit that I do not like.

I think it is kept afloat by social-climbing hexadecaroons.

I agree. Disgusting.

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

agreed. i'd take fucking church's over chick fil a. that's right.

Oh hell yeah. Anyplace that doesn't have panhandlers in the parking lot is NOT a good chicken place. At the Church's in Selma Alabama you might even get shot. That shit was good though.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Oh hell yeah. Anyplace that doesn't have panhandlers in the parking lot is NOT a good chicken place. At the Church's in Selma Alabama you might even get shot. That shit was good though.

Chick FilA on Crosstimbers/ 45 says hi.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

They were accused of supporting anti-gay groups prior to SCOTUS settling the issue of gay marriage. Haven't been back since.

Yeah, they are the Fred Phelps of chicken fast food places.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/06/14/chick-fil-a-orlando-shooting/

In the days following the June 2016 mass shooting at Pulse nightclub in Orlando, the city experienced an outpouring of support from around the world. Residents lined up to donate blood to victims, and several local businesses offered food, counseling, and other assistance following one of the deadliest shootings in recent history.

Among the supportive businesses was restaurant chain Chick-fil-A, a company that has garnered a reputation for being “anti-gay” due to president Dan Cathy’s previous statements against marriage equality and the company’s donations to anti-gay groups. Employees at local outlets of the chain went to work on Sunday morning (even though the company has been observing the Sabbath by remaining closed on Sundays since 1946) in order to provide free food to those who were donating blood for victims:

According to local news outlets, Chick-fil-A employees distributed ice tea and sandwiches to both law enforcement officials and people waiting in line to donate blood. A spokesperson for Chick-fil-A said that employees were just doing their part for the community:

“Our restaurant, along with a couple of others in the area, simply responded just like numerous other Orlando businesses and residents have done &Amdahl; we came together as a community to lift those in need.”

The Chick-fil-A chain wasn’t the only business to offer help following to tragedy. Ace Hardware handed out water to police officers and media members, Pizza Hut gave away food to blood donors, local restaurants donated money, JetBlue airline offered free flights to Orlando for immediate family members of the victims, Orlando Family Physicians offered free medical care to any survivors without health insurance, United Health and several other organizations offered free mental health counseling, and groups such as Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando offered to take care of victims’ animals.

22 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I generally enjoy Chick-fil-A’s food, but what amazes me is the politeness of the employees and that they manage to get my order correct. In an era of crumbling customer service, I appreciate their effort. 

Chik-fil-a has screwed up my order the last two times I've ordered food through the drive-thru. Whataburger has screwed up my order twice in my entire lifetime.

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Damn, you need to go further north my man. 

Meh.  I like em all.   This cracka ass cracka go to Bush's, Hartz, Church's...   It don't make a shit.

i like me some yardbird.  That CFA on Crosstimbers just seems way out of place.

Just now, F250 said:

Chik-fil-a has screwed up my order the last two times I've ordered food through the drive-thru. Whataburger has screwed up my order twice in my entire lifetime.

That sucks, I’ve never had a bad experience. Just a couple of days ago they gave my son an ice cream cone for free, it was great. 

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Meh.  I like em all.   This cracka ass cracka go to Bush's, Hartz, Church's...   It don't make a shit.

i like me some yardbird.  That CFA on Crosstimbers just seems way out of place.

I was just giving you a hard time. I respect your chicken game, as I barely make it south of Louetta these days. 

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Damn, I may have to turn in my liberal AND Texan card today, but Chickfila is delicious.  And I've never waited 20 minutes sitting in a Chickfila drive thru only for my food to be cold by the time they put it in my hands.  Yeah, I'm looking at you, Whataburger on Northwest Hwy.

Edited by Tom

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The government is literally kidnapping children now and choosing not to return them.

This is a certificable fact.

How far down this road do we go?  

Their goal the whole time is to get people not to care.  They literally messaged that yesterday.

They are not kidnapping children.  Believe me, they dont want to hold them.  Their parents fucked up.  People have to be processed, tested for diseases, etc.   They are in a much safer environment then they were on their journey.  Jesus.  Just go off the rails and tell us where the slave labor camps are

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I didn’t think there were a ton people in the government willing to carry out orders to kidnap kids, apparently there are plenty.

I wonder what other orders these people would follow.

A little over half the border patrol force are Hispanic.  You must think of them like the Jews that helped the SS.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bernorange said:

I've been in Central America when the people were striking.  They don't fuck around down there.  When they strike, they block roads with mountains of flaming tires.  No access to airports, hospitals or refineries (gas stations run out of gas because trucks can't get through). 

So is this proposed strike a "going Galt" or a "going banana republic"?

You will need to recruit hard core couch burners from places like Ohio and Michigan.  The two coasts are too hipster to stick to anything long.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Chick Fil A is good, but I still boycott. They're dicks.

Serious question, do the people that boycott chick fil a also boycott the hummus and falafel from the local family middle eastern restaurant because of their religious beliefs or is it just the big corporate street cred thing?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Here is what I don't understand about a strike...what would you be accomplishing? Just using general numbers off the top of my head, please someone with a deeper understanding correct me where I may be ignorant and wrong:

If 35% of the country actively approves and likes Trump, that leaves 65% of the country. 

If 30% of the middle isn't sufficiently passionate enough to hurt their short term priorities or are poor and not in a position to not work for a hand-to-mouth paycheck...

If 35% of the country are passionate about a strike and will do the needful....

What are we talking about here? 35% of the country striking to try and shut down commerce and day-to-day operations to force some sort of outcome? I guess theoretically that probably works as 35% would be very disruptive.

But are day-to-day critical things going to be affected? I mean, are cops and teachers and delivery/truck drivers anti-trump fans who will truly make it difficult to do day-to-day things? Or will this just mean Professors and Hollywood and Musicians and Starbucks and Unemployed millennial take to the streets and try and disrupt traffic or something?

Just doesn't seem like a realistic outcome this national strike.

I personally dont think anyone cares.  Maybe the 1 million or so nightly viewers of CNN that can stand to watch it nightly

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

You mean El Pollo Loco? My wife loves that place.

I love how this thread has turned into a mostly civilized conversation around chicken. Maybe it’s the unifying topic for 2020. 

Pollo Campero has the best chicken.

53 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I love how this thread has turned into a mostly civilized conversation around chicken. Maybe it’s the unifying topic for 2020. 

that place is also pretty legit.

when i lived in japan, there was a temple shopping district where there was a brazilian rotisserie chicken place. goddamn, that was a hangover cure. eating off a whole chicken with chopsticks and chimichurri. 

Pollo Asados off of Rigsby in San Antonio. My God, this stuff is made with crack. I swear I came close to eating an entire chicken at this place. If you like El Pollo Loco you will absolutely love this place.

636395214388400767-PollosAsados-2.JPG?wi

96_ED_PollosAsadosJHair-fba99980.jpeg?ve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I ate there 3-4 times a week in Encinitas. Its fun to be a Gangsta. 

Edited by Dolemite

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Gus Fring for President.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Pollo Asados off of Rigsby in San Antonio. My God, this stuff is made with crack. I swear I came close to eating an entire chicken at this place. If you like El Pollo Loco you will absolutely love this place.

636395214388400767-PollosAsados-2.JPG?wi

96_ED_PollosAsadosJHair-fba99980.jpeg?ve

That place is the Duke. 

3 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

The one close to my house in NE Tarrant shut down after 10months. Why? Because this was put in across the street.

Demasiadas casas de pollo.

1521391245323.jpg?ve=1&tl=1&text=big-top