What are you listening to right now?

UDontKnow

11 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Saw them @ KUT Friday at lunch time, fucking great band. Adrian Quesada is amazing and so is their singer. Great show (three songs but they blew it out)

They are definitely great, and seem pretty cool. I've seen them a couple times around town (sxsw) but really wish I could've made the album release show at Antone's Friday. Got lazy on pre-ordering the album. They were also sold out on Friday afternoon. Good for them. Going to try to catch the show at Mohawk in August.

• Like 1

in fact, i'll start with @SwanderedTalent because i've seen/listened to/remembered several of your posts in this thread, and i wanna see if i can get at least 1/3 songs that you legitimately like based on what i've seen. so here we go. you may already be familiar with some of these, i don't know; i'm just trying to find your hip hop wheelhouse.

• Like 1

probably not the right crowd for this, but fuck it. This dude has put out a lot of funny songs, but he’s got some clever bars in this one. It’s not for everyone, I get it, but he’s good. The comment section is pretty good too. 

Also, yes that is Kel from Kennan and Kel and good burger.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 2

Anybody see the show "Almost Human"? Quite good, imo, but alas, didn't last long,

There was an episode, brilliant (again, imo) that had this song incorporated into the scene. Whoever was responsible for this is very gifted.

Along with "Freaks and Geeks", "Firefly", "Almost Human" really deserved a second (and more) season.

Thus endeth the lesson.

I was a sophomore (iirc, at most junior) in college and my girlfriend's (at the time) roommate was going to head off to UW (Wisconsin) for law school and for some reason this song reminds me of her. The one who went to law school, not my girlfriend.  :) 

It also reminds me of Council Bluffs, but that's another (tangential) story.

Ok, last time I darken this doorstep (for a bit, anyway).

When my wife was getting her master's, she had a prof (big time) who was married to a guy (another big time prof, one of the first historians who use statistics and was elected to the NAS) and we were at a gathering at their place, they had a piano (kind of Woody Allen-ish) ,and I noticed that the sheet music was Scarlatti. 

This has become possibly my favorite classical music after Bach.