What are you listening to right now?

UDontKnow

Adam Levine, that man can really sing. And his voice is so effective, I feel sad watching his character in this music video. Or maybe it's because he's suffering life as a Pokemon. And I have this strange crush on Sarah Silverman. Either way, I enjoy this mainstream, pop music track and you should too.

For some reason, I dug up The Wrens - Meadowlands and have been wearing that out lately. I guess I have an affinity for mid-90s to early 2000s indie and Britpop that has a lot of “build up” during the songs (some favorites being early Gomez, Grandaddy, Wrens). 

Last 10 albums on my Spotify have some range, though (excluding my kids listening to the old Annie soundtrack):

The Wrens - Meadowlands 

The Hold Steady - Stay Positive 

Tela - Piece of Mind (was in the mood for some old Suave House rap)

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Live At The Roxy

Goodie Mob - Soul Food

POLICA - Give You The Ghost

Interpol - Antics

Beck - Sea Change

Nas- God’s Son

Metallica - Ride The Lightning 

On 5/19/2018 at 11:32 PM, Longhorn Al said:

Not positive I dig that latest Ghost song. It's got a catchy beat.  It's ok. I wish they get harder instead of softer (that's what she said).

For what it is worth, I just saw Ghost live last night, and they played another new song called "Faith" -- much heavier and more riff-y than Rats and Dance Macabre. Check it out.

1 hour ago, Slikwille said:

For what it is worth, I just saw Ghost live last night, and they played another new song called "Faith" -- much heavier and more riff-y than Rats and Dance Macabre. Check it out.

Go over to the heavy metal thread. I posted a bunch of their new songs from the Houston show. I think I included faith.

• Like 1

Also Greta Van Fleet but I can't stand knowing that they sound like Zepplin but look like minors.  Also, at times the vocalist crosses the line and sounds like a parody or Adam Sandler.  They're still really, really good though.