Everybody look what's going down

Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Like 2

I'm gonna raise a fuss, I'm gonna raise a holler
About a-workin' all summer just to try to earn a dollar
Every time I call my baby, try to get a date
My boss says, "no dice son, you gotta work late"
Sometimes I wonder what I'm a-gonna do
But there ain't no cure for the summertime blues.

Darrell Scott has a new album called "Sings The Blues of Hank Williams".  He reimagines Williams' songs as blues tunes.  Even though Williams didn't write this, it was primarily thought of as a Hank song.  Well, Darrell kills it by adding in some minor chords.  The entire album is incredible.  

This is bizarre for me, but I heard a snippet of this song on an HBO Max commercial called "Purple Hat."

Which led me to an EDM/House "band" called Sofi Tukker.  Maybe they're super-famous, I wouldn't know.  Songs have been used in a few commercials.

A bunch of earworms and the two kids making up the band seem really charming and unaffected.  Apparently, they've done a live stream of music and discussion together every day since the pandemic emergency was declared.  He's an ex-Ivy League basketball player and they met at Brown.  The chick kind of shreds in a minimalist way.

Edited by TwiceHorn

On 6/24/2020 at 8:44 PM, washparkhorn said:

I didn't really like this when it first came out and considered it a kind of sad attempt of a band past their prime trying to remain relevant with the synth percussion but have grown to appreciate it over the decades. Maybe it was seeing footage of them doing it live that raised my eyebrow during the ascending bridge.

Edit- Hank K touched on the same sentiment, and I even repped without remembering.

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand

On 6/30/2020 at 8:34 AM, TwiceHorn said:

This is bizarre for me, but I heard a snippet of this song on an HBO Max commercial called "Purple Hat."

Which led me to an EDM/House "band" called Sofi Tukker.  Maybe they're super-famous, I wouldn't know.  Songs have been used in a few commercials.

A bunch of earworms and the two kids making up the band seem really charming and unaffected.  Apparently, they've done a live stream of music and discussion together every day since the pandemic emergency was declared.  He's an ex-Ivy League basketball player and they met at Brown.  The chick kind of shreds in a minimalist way.

Yeah, Sofi Tukker is fun. I remember this song from 3-4 years ago catching my attention. 

Also, she is...attractive. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Pop perfection. Better than anything Coldplay ever wrote (and I like Coldplay). 

5 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

I saw Keane in Buenos Aires in April 2007 and then saw The Killers in Buenos Aires in ~October 2007 and ~ November 2009, so these two posts take me overseas. 

Wish I could turn back the clock. 

• Like 2

She's just a force. Plus, you know, she can actually sing. Thoughtful. Progressive. Honest. This song speaks to me ... I've brought shame on my family, I've caused the people I love to stumble, and I've stumbled myself. But that's not me; I want to be a blessing to people I meet, I want to help people back to their feet.

• Like 2