wc day 10 :: sabado gigante

Hagbard Celine

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

Belgium is a better team than Mexico.  Maybe the favorites to win it at this point.  But, the Koreans game planned Mexico pretty well and had the speed to stretch Mexico on counters. Their game plan has worked and they are still down 2-0 so you cant just say Mexico is aggying this.  Mexico is doing what it takes to win. 

3 mins left

• Like 1

They need to give Mexico fans the sportsmanship trophy. So far  there havent been any homophobic chants

So funny that the Fox announcer keeps reminding us of it. Like Chris Rock routine:

“I take care of my kids.”
“You’re supposed to, you dumb mother fucker. What do you want, a cookie?”
  • Like 1

Just now, GopherRock said:

5 minutes?!

Really it should be like 45 minutes added with all this time wasted. 10 second trips causing 5 minute delays while guys writhe on the ground. 10 minutes of high fiving when substitutes come on. I wish fifa would find a way to incentivize getting right back up after a foul. 

8 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Belgium is a better team than Mexico.  Maybe the favorites to win it at this point.  But, the Koreans game planned Mexico pretty well and had the speed to stretch Mexico on counters. Their game plan has worked and they are still down 2-0 so you cant just say Mexico is aggying this.  Mexico is doing what it takes to win. 

South Korea is pretty untalented outside of Son. Everyone has gameplanned to take Son away and South Korea can’t score. Mexico has done what they’ve needed, but an old, slow German team that set up to allow Mexico to counter and a poor SK team has been very favorable to them.

So top teams so far? Belgium, Croatia,  then mix of Spain, Portugal, france, Mexico, (but to be honest Mexico probably near end of that pack)? I’ve missed some games so not sure how the Swiss and some others have held up. Wasn’t impressed with Brazil 

• Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, achooloco said:

So top teams so far? Belgium, Croatia,  then mix of Spain, Portugal, france, Mexico, (but to be honest Mexico probably near end of that pack)? I’ve missed some games so not sure how the Swiss and some others have held up. Wasn’t impressed with Brazil 

Thats pretty much spot on. Jury still out on Uruguay and Russia (playing at home is pretty big) as they have been playing glorified scrimmages. Neymar crying after beating CR tells you everything you need to know about Brazil.