No discussion of George Will saying "Vote Dem"???

Gil Bang

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

While I totally agree with George Will’s sentiment, who exactly is that going to persuade?  Is there anyone left in the GOP base that satisfies the conditions of A) being capable of understanding the essay of an intellectual conservative and B) not a fucking sociopath?

If they can only count on the base, they are well and truly fucked.

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

While I totally agree with George Will’s sentiment, who exactly is that going to persuade?  Is there anyone left in the GOP base that satisfies the conditions of A) being capable of understanding the essay of an intellectual conservative and B) not a fucking sociopath?

Who can persuade anyone at this point?

Mueller was the best America could possibly get at they are destroying him.

I think Will is suggesting a more radical path than what many disillusioned Republicans might take. There are plenty of sane Republicans who don’t like Trump, but are still inclined to vote for their Republican congressman, mayor, governor, etc.. Will is saying what I’ve been saying for 18 months: if Republicans want their party back, they need to be willing to vote out the GOP candidates they would normally support.
  • Like 2

I think Will is suggesting a more radical path than what many disillusioned Republicans might take. There are plenty of sane Republicans who don’t like Trump, but are still inclined to vote for their Republican congressman, mayor, governor, etc.. Will is saying what I’ve been saying for 18 months: if Republicans want their party back, they need to be willing to vote out the GOP candidates they would normally support.

This. All of them. Sorry, there were plenty of folks who only joined the Nazi party because it was necessary if you wanted to be the local mayor, council member, dog catcher, etc. So...you know what all those people were? Nazis.

Their party is a pile of steaming shit topped by authoritarian whipped cream and cruelty cherries. Remain associated with it, suffer the consequences.
  • Like 1

Ă—
Ă—