THE Adam Sandler thread

Goo Punch

He made some of the best comedies of your youth, you bought and loved his comedy albums, he killed it on Saturday Night Live, and then he got older and just started making a bunch of shitty kids movies with his friends. GET OVER IT.

Fucking Christ man, this whiny shit dates back to Hornfans and it's retarded. If you are in your 30's or 40's and you find yourself whining about Adam Sandler's movies then you are a retard. News flash: he doesn't make movies for you; he makes movies for money, he makes movies to keep his friends paid, and to a lesser extent he makes movies for kids.

I have never talked shit about Adam Sandler; I have never seen Jack and Jill; I am smarter than most of you. Jesus.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Haha 1

Billy Madison and Happy GIlmore are both classic comedies.  Wedding Singer is different and good, Punch Drunk Love is supposed to be good, Big Daddy is a B to B+ generic comedy, he's made a bunch of terrible movies and just bad ones, and his goofy thing got tired at least 15 years ago.  But he made Happy GIlmore.

Will Ferrel was getting bitched about a lot before he stopped making so movies.  He's in a lesser but similar camp - he's made some bad movies but also some great comedy.

26 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I'm confused by the premise. You acknowledge he's been making garbage for 20 years. But you just don't want to hear about it? So you started a thread about it?

Im making one all-encompassing thread about him to filter the inane and everpresent bitching about him from other threads. it's been such a constant for over a decade dating back to hornfans that it was obviously a necessity. especially with how mind numbingly stupid the practice of trashing him and his movies is. it's completely unique to Adam Sandler to find people incessantly bitching about movies which are 100% not made for them. he makes shitty, unoriginal movies for kids yet 30 and 40-somethings are angry because they don't like the movie? that's like constantly bitching at Spike Lee for making afrocentric movies simply because you don't like afrocentric movies. 

45 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

We're just gonna ignore that Derka made this post at 3am and his third paragraph?

yeah that's probably because the post was made around 10 pm. and yes, you are incredibly stupid if you bitch about a guy simply because you don't like his movies despite the fact that he's not making movies for you in the first place. like if i hate musical theater then i'm going to completely ignore the genre and it's comings and goings; i'm not going to sit around constantly bitching about Andrew Lloyd Webber and how he won't stop making musicals.

Edited by Goo Punch

Im making one all-encompassing thread about me to filter the inane and everpresent bitching about me from other threads. it's been such a constant for over a decade dating back to hornfans that it was obviously a necessity. especially with how mind numbingly accurate the practice of trashing me and my posts are. it's completely unique to Goo Punch to find people incessantly bitching about my posts which are 100% shitty, unoriginal posts for yet 30 and 40-somethings are angry because they don't like my posts? that's like constantly bitching at Derka for making Shitty posts simply because you don't like shitty posts

Fixed

33 minutes ago, Fred Willard said:

Billy Madison, what the hell happened to me, and Happy Gilmore we’re all released within a year or two. And Sandler cashed that in for 1 trillion dollars. God bless America.

It's about the same as most actors that aren't action heroes, as Eddie Murphy can attest with a few too many "family specific films", but overall I still think it's all good movies...

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2018 at 6:53 PM, Fred Willard said:

Billy Madison, what the hell happened to me, and Happy Gilmore we’re all released within a year or two. And Sandler cashed that in for 1 trillion dollars. God bless America.

Your net isn't wide enough.

1993 to 1998:
They're All Gonna Laugh at You!
Billy Madison
What the Hell Happened to Me?
Happy Gilmore
The Wedding Singer
The Waterboy

The last two were the biggest earners in that span.  If you don't find all of these hilarious, then congratulations!  You're dead inside.

Edited by TriStone

On 6/22/2018 at 9:04 PM, Goo Punch said:

News flash: he doesn't make movies for you; he makes movies for money, he makes movies to keep his friends paid

I'm getting really tired of people whining about Olive Garden's terrible food. Newsflash: Olive Garden doesn't make food for you. They make food for money and to keep their executives paid.

Did you guys ever see The Cobbler? He plays a cobbler who becomes the owner of the shoes when he puts them on. So of course he puts them on, and goes home to some guy's house to try and fuck his wife. It's fun for the whole family!

Edited by Dutchrudder

18 hours ago, TriStone said:

Your net isn't wide enough.

1993 to 1998:
They're All Gonna Laugh at You!
Billy Madison
What the Hell Happened to Me?
Happy Gilmore
The Wedding Singer
The Waterboy

The last two were the biggest earners in that span.  If you don't find all of these hilarious, then congratulations!  You're dead inside.

First viewing I thought Billy Madison was funny.  Fast forward to today, I think it was a bit overrated.