Vinnie Paul has passed away

golfclap

Damn man, just got the crushing news. His drumming was just so damn punchy and groovy. I remember sitting in my buddy’s car after he spent too much on an after market stereo and just blasting CFH. Never did seem him live.

RIP Vin, I’m sure you’re jamming with Dime now. Wake up heaven!

Fuck this news...met Vinnie (and all the band members) in 94 at The Back Room after their warm-up show for the Far Beyond Driven tour under the clever alias Cowboys From Hell. Very fucking cool guy. Dime was an awesome guy too...phil- not so much...

Several years later, I'm at some Mexican place in Dallas waiting on the patio and this beat up retro limo complete with bull horns mounted on the hood pulls up and out comes Vinnie and the guys from HellYeah....I said hey to Vinnie and mentioned the CFH show and he gets a huge grin and said " now THAT was a crazy fucking show!" ...and he was right. Pantera was on top of the world at that moment. Still the most intense and violent crowd I've been in

RIP Vinnie. Will have to blast Vulgar today in your honor

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lurch said:

Well, that's just all kinds of awesome.  I can totally imagine that at a hockey game.  Must have been hilarious to see a cross section of country, metal, rap, olds, etc. losing it to Pantera on every goal.  

Kudos to Vinnie & DImebag.

If you're interested, there is a guy that breaks down songs by track and vocals and he breaks down I'm Broken in honor of Vinnie Paul. You can hear it by searching klos sessions on soundcloud. I'm no musician but love music and he does a pretty great job breaking down and explaining it to the layperson.

If you're interested, there is a guy that breaks down songs by track and vocals and he breaks down I'm Broken in honor of Vinnie Paul. You can hear it by searching klos sessions on soundcloud. I'm no musician but love music and he does a pretty great job breaking down and explaining it to the layperson.