Classic Car thread

TexasEd

1 minute ago, Ldogg53 said:

Yeah the Jag, 57 Chevy, and Nash are my favorites.

I think of all the European cars of that era the Jag was pure sex on wheels.  The voluptuous shapely curves were like nothing else out there.  If I had the means one would be in my garage..... with a completely new electrical system of course.

Not sure if it qualifies as classic, but I have a '84 red corvette that belonged to my dad.  It sounds like a Harley.  I don't think I would ever buy a car like it for myself, which makes it even more fun.  That said, I had an '83 K5 blazer in high school that I would trade the corvette for in a minute.  

On 5/9/2018 at 6:59 PM, Onboard 2.0 said:

I think of all the European cars of that era the Jag was pure sex on wheels.  The voluptuous shapely curves were like nothing else out there.  If I had the means one would be in my garage..... with a completely new electrical system of course.

eOCGabmF_o.jpg

Lucas #530433. You won't need to rewire 'cause it'll be as fucked up as when it rolled off the UK assembly line.  

I switched from Imgur to imgbb and that works fine. No mobile app though, so you have to manage it through a browser. 

Cant wait to be able to contribute to this thread. I have a 1973 Bronco with a 302, 2 barrel, 3 on the tree. It’s lifted 3” with slightly larger tires, but still original wheels and hubcaps. Uncut fenders. I’m hopibg it’s just a cracked head gasket but coolant is getting in and causing a substantial amount of smoke, took it to the shop for some work yesterday. Damn thing just made me sad gathering dust in the garage. Hope to have it back and operational soon.  

On a related note, has anyone ever built a hoist to hold a hard top in their garage? Would like to ideally use a light duty wench to operate it - I had heavy duty blocking done between the studs during a remodel for this but haven’t done it yet. Any advice/experience would be appreciated as I want to take the top off (at least seasonally), but I don’t have anywhere to store it except pulled up to the ceiling. 

• 2 weeks later...
Watching Mecum's from Indy, '69 Super Bee brought 62K.
Thats not bad money depending on specs. Color, trans and powerplant make a big difference. 4 speeds bring some good money, throw in a convertible and the prices get crazy....add in a hemi and it reaches six figures quick.

3 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
10 minutes ago, El Diablo said:
3 Fords in a row each brought more than 330K. Holy shit. 2, 2006 GT's and a '69 Boss 429. 

Boss 429s and 302s have always brought strong money. Not a blue oval lover but those cars are sexy.

Never liked the Machs or Bosses.  Too rednecky for my taste.  Give me a pony car body any day over one of those boxes.  

• 2 weeks later...

Made this video 2 years ago when I got her, changed out the carb and upgraded shifter since then..still was getting used to her grabbing so hard.  I had driven fox bodies only before her...first classic.

http://

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by utxmike05

6 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Nice, looks like an aluminum radiator and recovery bottle up front there.

Yes sir. It was all stock when I got her but it had overheating problems.   Other Mods since I have had her:

Rebuilt 351W from 1989. Bored .030 over

World Products 200cc Windsor Iron heads

Trickflow push rods

Aluminum roller rockers

Hydraulic roller lifters 

COMP Cam Magnum roller camshaft 

Holley 650cfm Track Warrior Carb

Edelbrock air intake manifold

MSD Ignition and Distributor

Concept One Serpentine System 

Hooker Long tube headers

Flowmaster 40s and H-Pipe 

Viper Alarm (with real snakes)

I bet it sounds good with those 40s. That’s what I have on my firebird. Interesting note, I just had the Hookers replaced with shorties because the flange hung too low. The shorties sound sooo much better than the hookers, which I did not expect.

4 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Yes sir. It was all stock when I got her but it had overheating problems.   Other Mods since I have had her:

Rebuilt 351W from 1989. Bored .030 over

World Products 200cc Windsor Iron heads

Trickflow push rods

Aluminum roller rockers

Hydraulic roller lifters 

COMP Cam Magnum roller camshaft 

Holley 650cfm Track Warrior Carb

Edelbrock air intake manifold

MSD Ignition and Distributor

Concept One Serpentine System 

Hooker Long tube headers

Flowmaster 40s and H-Pipe 

Viper Alarm (with real snakes)

Niiice....  Have an A code 65' 289, re built, balanced and blue printed. Wasn't looking for huge HP gains, but like the quick pep I've got with my current set up.

Roller rockers w/ a stock cam

Shelby HI PO exhaust manifolds/ dual exhaust.  Not a fan of a header set up as I've had, and seen so many thru the years just not hold up for long periods of time, on early Mustangs @ least, and its always a pain to make em fit. The Hi Po's almost bolted right in straight out of the box.

Holley 650 4 barrel

electronic ignition

4 core alum. radiator, and an electric fan back up.  Runs pretty cool all the time now.  It's amazing how much a fan shroud helps as well.

just recently installed a new 5 speed manual replacing the stock 4 speed top loader, coupled with a Modern Driveline hydraulic clutch set up.

The hardest PIA thing I've ever had to prep the car for, but damn, the clutch is so much easier to work now.

On 6/17/2018 at 4:31 PM, PRONG HORN said:

IMG_0051.jpg

Are these just old plates and this guy is rolling around town completely illegal?  They have 1973 on the top so I think they're just old plates.  Or, can you get old plates to match your car year now, which would be really cool btw?  

7 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

Are these just old plates and this guy is rolling around town completely illegal?  They have 1973 on the top so I think they're just old plates.  Or, can you get old plates to match your car year now, which would be really cool btw?  

Most states allow you to use old issue plates and register them. I have 65 plates on my 65.