Classic Car thread

TexasEd

On 7/14/2021 at 9:17 PM, Anastasis said:

Nothing more Murica than cruising top down listening to Jerry Jeff. Which I did under upper 80s degree weather tonight in Texas, top down, fuck you popcorn rain showers, to go pick up pizza and wings and crush a few beers while waiting for the pies to come out. 

I keep looking at gt fastback auctions and wondering exactly how fucked I would be with the wife if one showed up in the driveway and I had to explain to her why I have two mustangs in the garage and still can't seem to find room for her hauler. 

I believe you'd be dead.... I've contemplated that maneuver, and basically reached the same conclusion every time I scheme it out.

And hell yeah 'Murica cruising with some Dead, Stones, Talking heads, Bob Marley, et al.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

On 7/18/2021 at 9:06 AM, Bevo&Pevo said:

Saw this in a front yard the other day returning from Cajun country.  I sorta like the funkiness of the front end.  I could see it being a tailgater of sorts, maybe a weekender/camper or ?  Ideas?  No pedo.

20210716_102924_resized.jpg

20210716_102938_resized.jpg

1.  Clean it up, get it running.

2.  Exterior:  outfitted with some "B&P's Moving" logo on the sides, dark out the other windows (or delete) & add a rooftop AC + an incinolet terlit + fresh water / sink inside & a microwave + mini-fridge.

Spend a few hours chasing some parking in New Orleans & you have a stealth camper for Mardi Gras.

Would love to see what it looks like. While 3rd gen chargers don't bring the money their 2nd gen cousins do it's still would be a fun ride. What did it look like?

Light blue. Looked to be in pretty good shape. If I was a Dodge guy, I probably would have picked it up just for something to mess with. I’ll try to find a few pics of it. I tried to post the ad and it wouldn’t bring it up without logging in to Facebook.

I’m a GM fan myself. I’d like to either grab a 1st gen camaro, early second gen, or late 2nd gen trans am. Maybe an old Bel Air or pre 54 Chevy pickup. If I was making a wish list.
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 2:53 AM, William Wallace said:

My classic car will always be a 69  Black Camaro.  Once I saw this, I was in love.  You never forget your first love.

camaro.jpg

Do I need to be that guy?  Does someone want to tell him?

Edited by mulletpelini
theres a 6 and 7 involved.
  • Like 1

The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix wrapped up this weekend.

https//www.pvgp.org

I went down yesterday and took the old 911. Here it is parked in one of the rows. I didn't win the people's choice from the club but, I did get a few votes. There were some really nice ones.

IMG_2100.thumb.JPG.51b3b4e1c92483ba5c25bcb838311df1.JPG

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I've posted pictures from this event in years past, but my buddy's dad has a big birthday bash every year (except last year...) where they block off their street and invite all their gearhead friends to bring their various classic, exotic, and oddball cars. 

It was held this past weekend, so here are a bunch of pictures.

~~~~~

Some kind of Lotus. Wheelbase was stretched 11", thus the Nigel Tufnel license plate. 

20210725_123615.jpg

20210725_123652.jpg

20210725_123721.jpg

20210725_135635.jpg

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I don't even remember what the hell this is (an Allard?) but it was cool as shit. Talked to the ancient man who has owned it since 1970 for a while, and he damn near left a patch when leaving the party. 

*edit - apparently an Arnolt-Bristol. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnolt

20210725_141112.jpg

20210725_141102.jpg

20210725_141729.jpg

20210725_141739.jpg

20210725_141722.jpg

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I've posted pictures from this event in years past, but my buddy's dad has a big birthday bash every year (except last year...) where they block off their street and invite all their gearhead friends to bring their various classic, exotic, and oddball cars. 

It was held this past weekend, so here are a bunch of pictures.

~~~~~

Some kind of Lotus. Wheelbase was stretched 11", thus the Nigel Tufnel license plate. 

20210725_123615.jpg

20210725_123652.jpg

20210725_123721.jpg

20210725_135635.jpg

Show off!

Just kidding. That looks AWESOME!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Damn great pics, brah, nice to see a lot of different cars, not the usual suspects.  I've been to maybe 2 or 3 car shows this summer, it's sucked.

Thanks! Yeah, I didn't bother with too many of the usual suspects, but you can see some of them in a few backgrounds. 

I was sorely tempted to photograph the three three-button garage door openers clipped on the sun visor of the matte grey Turbo S Cab but thought that might be a little tacky. Fucker apparently has 9 garage doors... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Thanks! Yeah, I didn't bother with too many of the usual suspects, but you can see some of them in a few backgrounds. 

I was sorely tempted to photograph the three three-button garage door openers clipped on the sun visor of the matte grey Turbo S Cab but thought that might be a little tacky. Fucker apparently has 9 garage doors... 

That Arnolt Bristol has some seriously sexy lines, the front end isn't great though.

• Like 1

Damn great pics, brah, nice to see a lot of different cars, not the usual suspects.  I've been to maybe 2 or 3 car shows this summer, it's sucked.

I went to a local one in my small hometown. Probably over 100 cars. Most of them were beautiful. Might try to dig up some pics on Facebook. I only took a couple. Can’t remember if I posted them or not.
  • Like 1

Well after a few dyno shops gave me the runaround for the last few months I said screw it, I'll break in the engine/cam myself. Stabbed the motor on Saturday and then installed the trans, driveshaft, all cooling parts yesterday.

Today just need to install shifter levers and fluids, prime the fuel system, install the exhaust system and roll her out, and crank it up.

• Hook 'Em 2

Anyone have an especially good or bad experience with replacement carpeted floor mats? 

I can't imagine that there's too much variability between different companies or products, but figured I'd ask the peanut gallery before just ordering based on a Google search. 

Restored (and not fussy about maintaining precise originality - front seats came out of a Thunderbird, etc. ) 1971 Skylark convertible in case it makes any difference. 

That's the kind that are in it right now. Dad didn't even give a shit enough to bother matching the color family (grey carpet mats in a maroon/burgundy interior). They're folding up/curving/buckling in an annoying manner right under my feet due to the non-specific fitment, and I suspect that they're also still holding some of the mousepiss smell from the infestation that happened while in storage after my dad passed away. 

Anyway, I went with some super plush shit from Lloyd Mats. 

https://lloydmats.com/

I'll post pictures and my eventual opinions later on... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Anyone have an especially good or bad experience with replacement carpeted floor mats? 

I can't imagine that there's too much variability between different companies or products, but figured I'd ask the peanut gallery before just ordering based on a Google search. 

Restored (and not fussy about maintaining precise originality - front seats came out of a Thunderbird, etc. ) 1971 Skylark convertible in case it makes any difference. 

Make sure they include preformed portions for things like transmission humps etc. Otherwise you might as well get a roll of carpet and DYI, I did one in the 90's on a Izuzu Trooper and it wasn't too difficult.

1 minute ago, AUinHsv said:

Make sure they include preformed portions for things like transmission humps etc. Otherwise you might as well get a roll of carpet and DYI, I did one in the 90's on a Izuzu Trooper and it wasn't too difficult.

and never mind.  Thought he said carpet not carpeted mats.

• Hook 'Em 1