2018 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

BigOrange1

On 5/3/2018 at 6:27 AM, NorthLoop said:

Derka I think I broke your trade curse

You know this year I can’t help but be reminded of one in particular: I traded then-unknown Edwin Diaz for then-All-Star JBJ, and it caused a huge ruckus within the league. People were flipping out at how unfair it was. Yeah, about that...their careers have gone in opposite directions since then. Sorry JBJ; that’s my bad, my blunder.

But that was Derka. Derka was trade cursed; Goo Punch has a clean slate and a new outlook. And right now everything’s coming up goo. (Ew.)

Edited by Goo Punch

I’ve got 1B and Vlad Jr for sale. Looking for a starting pitcher. With Vladdy Jr we don’t know when he’s getting called up, but history says that guys with his bat don’t get left down for too long. Last I saw I believe he had 30 RBI in 24 games while slashing .398/.455/.624. That’s a 1.079 OPS; meanwhile Donaldson has arm issues and Kendrys Morales has four total extra base hits this year, slashing .152/.236/.268. I’m thinking that Vlad will be called up by the end of the month at the latest.

23 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

That seems optimistic. 

For his call up? Could be. I’ve just dealt with a few of these type guys in the past (as have the Cubs), and it’s always, “there’s no timetable, there’s no sign that he’ll be called up soon, there’s no guarantee he even gets called up”,  and then of course the guy gets called up like a week later because everyone knows he’s crushing the ball like it’s a video game in the minors, and at some point you can’t ignore the fact that he’s better than most of your big league hitters. We’ll see though. 

Edited by Goo Punch

I agree. This is speculation on my part. I just think that the longer he’s mashing while Morales and Donaldson scuffle, the harder it is to justify keeping a guy who could help you win today stuck in AA where he clearly outclasses his competition.

5 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

lol i was wondering if anyone had bundy when i saw his first inning performance tonight.

True story, I went to check my team and saw that Jorge Soler was 2/2 with a HR and 2 RBI in the first inning and I said, “Holy shit, which chump in this league has the O’s starting pitcher tonight?”, and then I scrolled down. 

Oh.

• Like 2

If you need a SS or speed I’m looking to move one of mine for either an OF or a SP. I have Gleyber Torres, who is hitting .320 and driving the ball since being called up, and Tim Anderson, who believe it or not is on pace for 32 HR and 45 SB. Holler at me if you’re interested in either one.

I got 38 runs and lost

16 HR and lost

49 fucking RBI and tied

.319 average and lost 

that will literally never happen again as long as I play this game. Brutal to be up 10-1-1 from Monday-Saturday night and end up 5-5-2 in one of the best offensive weeks I’ve ever had. Every day I’d get 9 runs, 4 HR, and 10 RBI and hitby would get 11, 5, and 12. Insane matchup. GG hitby.