Griddle me this Batman

Both Tacos

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta be honest...this whole griddle thing looks badass BUT, my biggest concern is if I got one, it’ll make me responsible for all of dinner.  Like the meat and the sides and everything.

I was kinda liking having the woman in the kitchen working on sides, using pots and pans and griddles and shit...meanwhile men outside doing main course meat on open flames and drinking and shit.

Gotta be honest...this whole griddle thing looks badass BUT, my biggest concern is if I got one, it’ll make me responsible for all of dinner.  Like the meat and the sides and everything.
I was kinda liking having the woman in the kitchen working on sides, using pots and pans and griddles and shit...meanwhile men outside doing main course meat on open flames and drinking and shit.
Naw, still plenty of dishes/sides the wife makes in the kitchen while I make the main on the griddle.

On 6/27/2018 at 8:31 AM, BabaYaga said:

Is this a bad time to bring up my dove breast faj-eeetahs!

...Serve with sauteed vegetables of choice, I used bacon, jalapenos, onion, mushrooms and added a little of the marinade to it for an extra kick. 

On 6/27/2018 at 9:47 AM, utee94 said:

I really like how bacon is one of your sauteed vegetables of choice, well done sir.

1 hour ago, luke duke said:

What sides do you plan to cook on the griddle? Cheese steaks?

Uhhhhh, bacon, obviously.

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2018 at 8:31 AM, BabaYaga said:

Is this a bad time to bring up my dove breast faj-eeetahs!

Marinade: fresh lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, fresh garlic, Serrano peppers, red onion, cilantro, olive oil, water, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, salt.

Put all ingredients in blender or food processor except for olive oil and blend well, then add olive oil and blend shortly.

Serve with sauteed vegetables of choice, I used bacon, jalapenos, onion, mushrooms and added a little of the marinade to it for an extra kick.

Marinade breast for 24 hrs. Medium Rare to Rare is the way to go;)b Get your grill as hot as it will go, you want to cook these like a steak. I cooked them for 1 minute per side. 

Then feed the dove to dog and eat bacon fajitas.

JK I may have to try that.  Fuck knows I can't find any other way I like dove despite trying for decades.  I mean I'll eat dove.  I just don't really like it.

Quail on the other hand...

I’ve got a 36” flattop. Use it a lot. I like to make soft fried potatoes with diced jalapeños on it. Pork chops, burgers, breakfast, chicken, fajitas whatever.

Fried rice is another one. When I make fajitas, I cut the meat first.

My griddle gets over 600* if I remember correctly. I checked it once. They make high flow regulators to get a high temp too.

• Hook 'Em 1

Point of order: "marinade" is a noun; "marinate" is a verb. You don't fucking marinade something. You marinate it...in a marinade.

Also, if Ninfa's on Nav can call chicken and shrimp a fajita, then it's a motherfucking fajita. Since Mama Ninfa created the fajita (allegedly)

• Like 2

How do you keep one of these things from rusting in Texas if you store it outdoors?

I finally was able to get the hard cover lid and that should be more than enough to keep it from rusting over. I had the cover but when it rained it was useless. The hard lid should solve that.

• 10 months later...

Is the Blackstone the one to get? What are the accessories that are must haves? I have a ceramic kamado and a propane grill that I use for veggies and quick stuff. The grates are iron and about to rust through in parts and the burners need to be replaced. I figure now is a good time to make the jump. 

If it is going to be stored outside on an uncovered deck Which cover is best, the hard or the soft (or both)?

On 7/17/2018 at 6:06 PM, Landomatic said:

34ec3562755e4be555ce145b5988843a.jpg

• Haha 1

Is the Blackstone the one to get? What are the accessories that are must haves? I have a ceramic kamado and a propane grill that I use for veggies and quick stuff. The grates are iron and about to rust through in parts and the burners need to be replaced. I figure now is a good time to make the jump. 
If it is going to be stored outside on an uncovered deck Which cover is best, the hard or the soft (or both)?

I’m not sure you would notice the difference between a black stone and outdoor gourmet. The Blackstone has more accessories for it. I wouldn’t get a rear drain.

Havent done in a while, so no pix. Seared tuna is awesome for a griddle. Buy the prepackaged tuna steaks from HEB (when it's open), spray with oil, crust with some salt and cracked pepper. Sear each side a minute or two to desired doneness, make a dipping sauce with soy, lime juice,lemongrass,sesame seed and garlic.

Super easy and amazing for big groups and you're not struggling to get proper doneness for everybody on a grill

I use both covers. If I had to pick one, it would be the hard cover.

I have the front drain and it sucks, love the griddle though. 

Mine was seasoned perfectly and then all of a sudden it’s starting to come off, can I re-season just that spot? I seasoned it with grape seed oil per manufacturers directions and it’s been great until now. Not sure if I let it get to hot or what.

I have the front drain and it sucks, love the griddle though. 
 Mine was seasoned perfectly and then all of a sudden it’s starting to come off, can I re-season just that spot? I seasoned it with grape seed oil per manufacturers directions and it’s been great until now. Not sure if I let it get to hot or what.
It may be time to reseason the whole thing. Depends on usage but about once a year its time to strip it down to the shiny griddle and season it all over again.

It may be time to reseason the whole thing. Depends on usage but about once a year its time to strip it down to the shiny griddle and season it all over again.

I may have to do the same thing. Mine is a bit off on parts as well. Any suggestions on starting over?
  • Like 1

One thing I know is that if you feed a construction crew, work gets done maybe a bit fast, higher quality and they will do free shit for you. I did get an oversized bench put in by the guys that the contractor doesn't know about.
Yesterday while the pool was getting gunite, I cooked up hamburgers for the family and some pork street tacos for the crew.d97fd714d14dcc248d740cf8b9c69489.jpg798e9d96986040a361b65a7531a3752b.jpgeede7ffd51e7a8d5b6d8d330ee8ed49e.jpg7b216301ca1d608626e88d7f53d216b9.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...