How it Ends - Apocalypse, Forest Whitaker (Netflix, July 13)

atomheartbevo

As a mysterious apocalypse causes the spread of misinformation and violence, a man and his estranged father-in-law race across a chaotic and fractured country to save his pregnant wife. Starring Theo James, Forest Whitaker and Kat Graham

Looks like they are opening up the pocketbook again.  Some big special effects.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a great bad movie. It has every movie cliche ever invented. It's 12lbs of cliches stuffed into a 10lb movie. It's so bad and entertaining. Every scene is ludicrous...the acting is bad, everything is overwrought, the characters make horrible decisions and you want all of them to die.

10 hours ago, achooloco said:

yeah, was pretty bad. i mean, it had some ok stuff but the lack of realism and shit ending ...blagh. not worth it.

What is this new trend of ambiguous movie endings? It's a shitty movie on Netflix, I don't want to "think" about what "might" have happened when it's over. I want to know what the fuck happened to them.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Js1 said:

What is this new trend of ambiguous movie endings? It's a shitty movie on Netflix, I don't want to "think" about what "might" have happened when it's over. I want to know what the fuck happened to them.

They will spend money on Forrest. 

But not on writing.  

What the hell, decent writers are far cheaper than actors.

It's a terribly bizarre show.  the beginning is ok...the first 29 minutes or so but then it degenerates into a mass of routine crap we have all seen before, probably with the last confrontation being the worst.  It's like they were running out of time and budget and needed to end it quickly.  The most interesting character (chick/car mechanic) is only in it for about 25 minutes

Edited by ScottishHorn

9 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

How do you ruin a disaster movie, just blow shit up and kill people!

The characters are TWD-level bad

We don't actually see any of the disaster shit except for the pyroclastic flow at the end, all the on-screen deaths are basically from gunshots or being run over/cars exploding. 

You all are going into this movie all wrong. 

Embrace the badness. Give it a big hug. Let it sweep you off your feet. 

This is a movie you laugh at. 

After 10 mins, if you keep expecting a good movie, you'll be sad. If you switch to "this movie sucks and I'm going to enjoy the suckiness", it's awesome.

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The characters are TWD-level bad

We don't actually see any of the disaster shit except for the pyroclastic flow at the end, all the on-screen deaths are basically from gunshots or being run over/cars exploding. 

Thanks for the intel, totally pissing on this one's grave.  Disappointing.

28 minutes ago, Jograves said:

The ending was pretty terrible.

Found it interesting that as they're driving west the sun was setting behind them. Must've been whatever caused the explosion reversed the Earth's rotation. 

It's like you never watched John Wayne walking on the beach in Nam with Hamchuck, as the sun set in the East.

On 7/19/2018 at 9:40 AM, hornimal said:

I watched it on a flight yesterday and got as far as them pulling over to let ricki puke after they got their gas back from the guys that stole it from them.  I want to know how it ends, but don't care enough to watch it.

Spoiler

dad dies, makes it to baby momma, kills a guy... heads north? fade to black

Edited by kingkoopa6

Other than some of the TWD decision making, I didn't think it was that bad.

It was kind of dumb to get in multiple shootouts and never think to commandeer any of the weapons of those that had fallen.  Or, at least get some more damn bullets.  The lack of explanation for what was going on kind of sucked.  Driving straight into a giant fire didn't seem too wise.  After getting out of the fire, Ricky's decision to just take off on foot didn't seem very wise either.  Ok, I'm typing myself out of thinking the movie wasn't too bad.