Surly Boxing Thread

BigOrange1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, futureman said:

joshua is a fraud.  that overgrown beaner will destroy him again. 

Yea I dunno about that. Ruiz clearly felt it when Joshua put him down in the 3rd. Joshua lost that fight because he was overly aggressive after the knockdown and thought he could simply go for the kill without protecting himself. One shot above the ear and Joshua never recovered. 

Showing up heavier doesn’t seem like it would be a good thing for Ruiz, especially with Joshua looking to be in much better shape. If Joshua can protect himself from the flurries that Ruiz throws then he should win the fight, likely by KO.

Ruiz' corner said before the camp that Ruiz would come into the fight in the 250s. Then yesterday said probably the same 268. Him coming in 283 tells me he didn't take camp seriously enough to follow the plan, and doesn't take Joshua seriously as a threat. As much as I hate to say it I believe he gets gassed and gets stopped. 

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

Ruiz' corner said before the camp that Ruiz would come into the fight in the 250s. Then yesterday said probably the same 268. Him coming in 283 tells me he didn't take camp seriously enough to follow the plan, and doesn't take Joshua seriously as a threat. As much as I hate to say it I believe he gets gassed and gets stopped. 

283 sounds like he did a Buster Douglas vs Holyfield training camp ...but knowing that shit ass division he’ll probably clubber Joshua 

Amateur hour... 

"They made us wait until 4:30, almost 5 p.m. here. I already had ate breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had on a sombrero and all my clothes," Ruiz said after the weigh-in, which took place outdoors at the fight hotel in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, a little more than 24 hours before he and Joshua meet in an immediate rematch in one of the year's biggest fights. "A lot of people are saying that I came overweight or this and that. We had to wait so long. I probably put on like 10 pounds just eating and drinking normally today."

I was jacked to watch this one until yesterday when I saw Ruiz came in 283. Didn't even watch it. Knew exactly what was going to happen. Dude became an overnight celebrity and started partying it up for 6 straight months then embarrassed himself and his fanbase. 

A buster Douglas/hasim rachman level one hit wonder bust. 

"It was his night," Ruiz said. "I don't think I prepared as good as I should have. I gained too much weight but I don't want to give no excuses. He won, he boxed me around but if we do the third, best believe I will come in the best shape of my life."

Thanks, Ben. 

Edited by spystud13

dont think teofimo is ready for loma, but the fight is happening and i'm excited as shit for it.

crawford didn't even have his A game last night and was still great from the 5th round on.  guy is can't miss for any true fan of the craft.  really wish espn and pbc could get over their bullshit and we could see him fight the best of the best at 147.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:54 AM, BigOrange1 said:

dont think teofimo is ready for loma, but the fight is happening and i'm excited as shit for it.

crawford didn't even have his A game last night and was still great from the 5th round on.  guy is can't miss for any true fan of the craft.  really wish espn and pbc could get over their bullshit and we could see him fight the best of the best at 147.

Yea I don’t know what to think about the Teo vs Loma fight. Loma hasn’t looked as powerful since the shoulder surgery but Teo has never had to face a fighter that will throw as much as Loma. I will be really interested to see how he deals with the constant pressure Loma applies. 

"I'm from Brownsville and I've never ran and I never will. But I will duck these beer cans now" 

mike pence laughing GIF by Election 2016

The boxes that was doing color with Bryan Kenny looked scared shitless at the end. Plenty of fighters fight through broken nose or a broken hand, but this guy has never been a fighter. He's the son of a legend who needs to realize it's ok to make your own life now. The ring is for street hardened thugs not silver spoon fed sons of legends. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...