Surly Boxing Thread

BigOrange1

Just now, Wanker Bob said:

Rounds 1, 3-6 yes. Loma eeked out a low output 2. 7-11 Loma dominated and took the fight to Lopez. Lopez won it in the 12th

No he fucking didn't. You don't know boxing. Just because he landed punches that he threw at a high percentage doesn't mean he didn't take more damage and was on the defensive more. 

Look at the fucking compubox scores. He fought a pussy ass fight and didn't hit him with hardly any power worthy of OH SHIT points. If no OH SHIT points then it's just number of punches and who controlled the pace. He didn't do either. 

Teo just laid it out perfectly in post fight interview. Loma had a long layoff and they knew he’d be slow to start, keep him away with the jab, and work the body. I gotta say I am super impressed with the gameplan and the ability to stick to it from Teo and his team.

Loma thinks he won apparently. Sorry dude, stupid plan. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

He always starts slow. Nothing new I really think teos power and body shots were the diffrence in this fight.  The right hand from Lopez was felt on lomas body. 

He doesn’t start like that. He threw sub 10 punches in each of the first 6 rounds. I think mainly because of that power in the body shots like you said. 

Edited by hobbes2702

I agree 8-4 or 9-3. There was a round in the last half that I had basically completely even. 8.5-3.5 to me. I thought the announcers gave Lomachenko a round or two that he didn't really earn simply because he was a lot more active than he was early. 

But looking like shit early shouldn't mean you're defaulted a round later when you finally look like you're fighting. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Teo absolutely the winner. I think 7-5 or maybe 8-4 but I thought for sure we were gonna see a bullshit 6-6.

1,3,4,5,6,7,12 lopez won. 2 was not much action but Loma landed better. Loma dominated 8-11. With proper judging that would have been toss up going into 12 and Lopez definitely won 12 so the result is good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

119-109? That's insane Loma won the last half of that fight every round except 12. Not a bad result though just bad scores as Lopez took a razor think fight in the 12th. 
It could be seen that way. I saw a coupe of them as even rounds, so they could go either way.

it definitely wasn't 11-1. 7-5 or 8-4 or 6-6.

And the fight plan was whack... Lomachenko team must have been afraid of Lopez's power. Had to be...

This fight almost made me forget the Astros just loss.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I agree 8-4 or 9-3. There was a round in the last half that I had basically completely even. 8.5-3.5 to me. I thought the announcers gave Lomachenko a round or two that he didn't really earn simply because he was a lot more active than he was early. 

But looking like shit early shouldn't mean you're defaulted a round later when you finally look like you're fighting. 

That’s a good observation.

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

No he fucking didn't. You don't know boxing. Just because he landed punches that he threw at a high percentage doesn't mean he didn't take more damage and was on the defensive more. 

Look at the fucking compubox scores. He fought a pussy ass fight and didn't hit him with hardly any power worthy of OH SHIT points. If no OH SHIT points then it's just number of punches and who controlled the pace. He didn't do either. 

I boxed for many years growing up as a youngster in England and then when we first moved to the US. Stopped to go to college. I know the sport. You obviously either don't or can't see. Your boxing judging is as shitty as your "daily texan allowing trump idiots to bring politics in without banning" moderation. 

But I'll leave it at that. Goodnight fuckers 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Also how fucking great is it to have a big time fight that goes the distance and lives up to the hype and it’s on cable. 

And free. Not gonna lie ESPN delivered. But would love to hear kellerman at ringside. Only ESPN can have one of the greatest boxing historians on roster and not have him do his thing

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

That’s a good observation.

Thats what I was saying. All these people saying Loma won rounds watch the fight again, start with those rounds and then watch the others. Those rounds were close af and even then Lopez landed more and landed better IMO. 11-1 is hard to wrap my head around, but 10-2 is what I had and I could really easily see 9-3. You don't win rounds because you decided to start boxing. You get judged accordingly. He had 0 chance or even a prayer of winning the first 5 rounds except round 2, which no judge gave him cuz landing 3 fucking punches doesn't win you a round when you get hit 20 times.

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Thats what I was saying. All these people saying Loma won rounds watch the fight again, start with those rounds and then watch the others. Those rounds were close af and even then Lopez landed more and landed better IMO. 11-1 is hard to wrap my head around, but 10-2 is what I had and I could really easily see 9-3. You don't win rounds because you decided to start boxing. You get judged accordingly. He had 0 chance or even a prayer of winning the first 5 rounds except round 2, which no judge gave him cuz landing 3 fucking punches doesn't win you a round when you get hit 20 times.

I didn’t see the first two rounds, and I scored those 1-1 based on the tv commentary.

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

A lot of times if you truly wanna know an outcome in what appears to be a close fight rewatch it in mute 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

A lot of times if you truly wanna know an outcome in what appears to be a close fight rewatch it in mute 

didn't seem close to me. compubox shows 3 rounds he outlanded punches, 1 "draw" round, but in that round Lopez controlled the pace and the ring. Easy case for 9-3 there. 

That 12th round LOLOLOL

image.thumb.png.2774f6470b019e086d60b547f7e8afbb.png

Take out 50 power punches and he still looks better over the whole fight. 98 to 78. %age landed doesn't mean jackkkkk shit.

Just now, immamac said:

didn't seem close to me. compubox shows 3 rounds he outlanded punches, 1 "draw" round, but in that round Lopez controlled the pace and the ring. Easy case for 9-3 there. 

That 12th round LOLOLOL

image.thumb.png.2774f6470b019e086d60b547f7e8afbb.png

Take out 50 power punches and he still looks better over the whole fight. 98 to 78. %age landed doesn't mean jackkkkk shit.

I agree. Teo looked like he owned the fight.  The 11th looked like he was taking hard shots but that was the only round that lemo won outright. 

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

You know what, this is boxing, I’m happy they got it right.

Amen. I mean I knew that Lopez had to have won when they started reading the judges scores, but there was still part of me that needed to hear his name to be sure. Talk about a fucky sport when it comes to determining a winner. 

Y'all pretty much covered all the angles of the fight tactics so that's all good. But I'm glad to see the compubox for round 2, some friends were trying to convince me Loma "definitely" took that round even though I wasn't convinced. It was just better than his shit 1st round bc he didn't do a damned thing. 

I was mostly just impressed because did never seen anybody almost as quick as Loma. Fimo was slipping and countering a bit in there and Loma was frustrated for it. The body work paid HUGE dividends too. By round 11 Loma was visibly reacting to those body shots. I hate when announcers don't pay attention to body language after body shots, it's one of my favorite parts of boxing. He was doubling over and/or stepping back to reset and catch his breath. 

• Like 1

Thought the fight was closer than the judges called it and Lomo won the fight or was a Draw.  It appeared Lomo’s strategy was to turn it on the last two rounds which didn’t work because Lopez won the 12th after losing the 11th but still thought Lomo won more rounds.    

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

You legitimately thought Loma won? Are you blind, drunk, stupid, or all of the above? 

Just objectively watched the fight not being a fan of either. I been watching boxing since the late 1960s and saw all the great fights of the 70s and 80s so, I have watched some of the greatest fights of all time.  I will try to rewatch the fight.  

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

Just objectively watched the fight not being a fan of either. I been watching boxing since the late 1960s and saw all the great fights of the 70s and 80s so, I have watched some of the greatest fights of all time.  I will try to rewatch the fight.  

You are a liar or you have lost your marbles. There's 0 chance running around like a pussy and throwing no punches for 6 rounds could possibly have been anything other than a draw. There was no 10-8 rounds or knockdowns. 

So show your work and show your scorecard, unless you forgot how boxing works it's 10 point must. Scored per round, no overall fight score. 

So show your work. What's your scorecard look like? 

6 hours ago, immamac said:

You are a liar or you have lost your marbles. There's 0 chance running around like a pussy and throwing no punches for 6 rounds could possibly have been anything other than a draw. There was no 10-8 rounds or knockdowns. 

So show your work and show your scorecard, unless you forgot how boxing works it's 10 point must. Scored per round, no overall fight score. 

So show your work. What's your scorecard look like? 

Sounds like somebody didn’t get a reach around this morning.

this has been out since 2016 but searching did not bring up any previous mentions...really good doc about Boom Boom Mancini. I was 13 when the fight happened, and I remember watching it and some of the controversy afterwards, but there are many details I either forgot about or never knew. Really really well done doc IMO

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...