Surly Boxing Thread

BigOrange1

fucking pumped for the stevenson/valdez fight tomorrow night.  think it has the potential to be one of the best fights of the year.

also think people are sleeping on dimitry bivol against canelo next week.  canelo probably beats him, but bivol is a legit light heavyweight.

• Hook 'Em 1

Taylor/Serrano was incredible. I haven't been a fan of women's boxing in a while, but damn did they knock that showcase out of the park. 

Disappointed in Stevenson/Valdez, but I see why they were dying to get Valdez in there. That size and length mismatch was outrageous. Stevenson needs to move up to get tested, nobody will be able to deal with his mastery of distance unless they're his length and can match the output. 

• 2 weeks later...

Janibek is a real threat at 160.  would love to see him fight andrade or the weaker charlo next.

also watched the benavidez fight.  i've never thought he was a real threat to canelo, but i'm starting to change my mind.  would love to see that fight next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...