Surly Boxing Thread

BigOrange1

Holy shit the annoying youtube guy vs Nate Robinson????!!!??
Did anyone tell snoop he's miked up? He's just rooting and coaching poor Nate robinson out there lol.

Jesus this is sad. I loved that dude in the NBA. Jake Paul is such a turd I hope he gets murdered his next joke fight

2 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

This is nutty. Like a charity fight night with bartenders and welders and shit

Jake is pretty legit. Not pro level or anything like that - but I doubt we see anyone go fight him in a gimmicky card like this again without thinking long and hard about it.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Jake is pretty legit. Not pro level or anything like that - but I doubt we see anyone go fight him in a gimmicky card like this again without thinking long and hard about it.

There was always one guy at Sigma Chi fight night who obviously had some previous boxing experience.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Zeus said:

Boxing - a 50 year old Mike Tyson

Brought to you by weed maps 

Announcers snoop dog and saved by the bell guy next to talk with Jake Paul from YouTube

Yikes holy fuck boxing is dead. Even Tyson Fury can't save this sport

Come on now. This isn't real boxing other than that first fight and Badou Jack. This is a side show. If you want boxing you should have watched Lopez vs Loma a few weeks ago. Boxing is fine

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Why is he hated? He seemed like just a normal dude there. The only things I ever knew of him were he's on YouTube and he got bitched out for desecrating a Japanese suicide forest 

https://www.insider.com/jake-paul-controversies-timeline-looting-scandals-racist-slurs-drama-2020-6#causing-more-controversy-the-fbi-executed-a-federal-search-warrant-of-pauls-mansion-the-agency-said-7

This is what google says on the matter. I'd guess a not small amount of it has to do with him being successful and not particularly talented

4 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Why is he hated? He seemed like just a normal dude there. The only things I ever knew of him were he's on YouTube and he got bitched out for desecrating a Japanese suicide forest 

Yeah. I had a very low bar for him but he didn't seem that bad. Said some stupid shit about working on his music and fighting Conor McGregor but was pretty gracious and gave Nate some respect.

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No he’s not and he’s fought two dudes with no experience boxing like him. I’ve seen better fights at ticket fight night...

Did you guys fast forward through the part where Jake Paul said "his whole life" (as a rich internet celebrity) was a fight just like a boxing match?

Don't know anything about the guy but that was an instant clue-in that the guy is a blowhard. Suburban white kid acting like his life was a big grind through adversity and poverty to the peak of YouTube stardom. Douche.

ETA: just googled him and he was a fucking Disney TV star as a kid. Yeah, really came up through adversity there.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TommyGufano said:

https://www.insider.com/jake-paul-controversies-timeline-looting-scandals-racist-slurs-drama-2020-6#causing-more-controversy-the-fbi-executed-a-federal-search-warrant-of-pauls-mansion-the-agency-said-7

This is what google says on the matter. I'd guess a not small amount of it has to do with him being successful and not particularly talented

If it's good enough for kardashians then if you can do it why not. Im not seeing any kardashians get in a ring though. That takes balls and I know all too well getting in a ring and getting punched sucks. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Covri said:

I’ve seen better fights at ticket fight night...

You've seen guys get slept like that 2 rounds into a ticket fight night?

I mean I think he's delusional if he thinks he will ever be able to fight an actual pro but he clearly trains hard and has some chops. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You've seen guys get slept like that 2 rounds into a ticket fight night?

I mean I think he's delusional if he thinks he will ever be able to fight an actual pro but he clearly trains hard and has some chops. 

No they wear head gear and generally don’t “slept” each other because of it.

Jake Paul would get knocked out by any actual amateur or professional in any weight or age range of him. 

19 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Him and his brother basically built a whole youtube empire doing shit that 9 year olds would think is really cool. 

Wake up sister with water prank! 

Cool hummer splashes girls with water prank!

Couple of air heads doing stupid shit that got them clicks and $ from children. I think there's some higher level editors and managers handing them the script.

It's super cringe. It's everyday bro

1 minute ago, Covri said:

No they wear head gear and generally don’t “slept” each other because of it.

Jake Paul would get knocked out by any actual amateur or professional in any weight or age range of him. 

Yeah that's why he's calling out boxers like Conor Mcgregor, Dillon Danni's, KSI, his brother, and some other youtube thing kids know.

9 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

What happens if these two old farts go the distance with no KO? No judges so no cards or anything? They just shake hands and Twitter argues about who won for the next few days?

You don't watch enough pro wrasslin' man

There's a script